Sign in to follow this  
Instynct

# Issue not being solved in alpha?

So, since this was the last update for Alpha I'm guessing this shows they can't fix the most reported issue in the feedback tracker about low fps / utilization just as most people thought. I'm really disappointed and probably won't buy another bohemia interactive game if they don't listen to their community. With issues like this you shouldn't keep quiet about and at least inform us on progress if you don't want people to think the worst. When this thread get locked like all other threads related to this issue do I guess it's further proof they are trying to cover something up.

I mean you no offense here, but have you not seen what every 'optimization' thread turns into? If not, take a look at the last few pages of this thread. It doesn't have anything to do with a coverup or otherwise, it simply comes down to people attacking each other, which is obviously not the intention of the thread in the first place. If you also take a look here, you'll see that the developers have replied to the ticket and have been actively working on optimization; but, it's not as if it is an overnight ordeal. Things such as this take time, and we may not see any significant improvement until the full release.

you can't really optimize software until it is (mostly) complete. it would make little sense to spend a lot of effort on it now, as the codebase is changing daily.

I bet there will be a large optimization effort toward the end of the beta.

you can't really optimize software until it is (mostly) complete. it would make little sense to spend a lot of effort on it now, as the codebase is changing daily.

I bet there will be a large optimization effort toward the end of the beta.

That doesn't really make any sense, there is a core problem with the engine that makes it unplayable for many people, it's not like it's a slight fps drop. A problem like this should be addressed before more content is added.

A few things:

First, as was covered in the previous thread that was closed, the devs stated in the past that the cpu utilization was by design. I don't know if it's still part of their design, we will have to wait and see.

Second, you don't simply open up another thread to replace one a moderator closed.

Thirdly, optimization is not part of the alpha development phase.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Alpha

Closing.