Sign in to follow this  
cortez471

Tent and backpack triggers

Had a look around in the wiki for the commands to use but i have fallen short. Does anyone know if an event is triggered when someone opens their gear menu or while accessing a tent?

What i would like to do is create a simple hint in the top right of the screen when someone opens their gear menu,backpack and tent which will show how many slots have been used and how many slots are free.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks

Cortez

Hmm there is no EventHandler for "Gear" it seems, so the easy way is no good :<

The other options are rather laborious, like editing the configs to overwrite the "Gear" action so you can inject your own code and adding a keydown-eventhandler for the key which is assigned for "Gear".

I never got to change the configs to enable/disable actions for objects/players so I can't point you into the right direction considering that, but I'm sure someone knows how to do it - or even better, another, easier way to achieve your objective.

just curious, why the hint ? if the gear menu is opened you will see what items are filled and what ones are not. tents have no gear option. that's a dayz thing and it a custom config - (prob inherits backpack properties, not sure though).

if your trying to do it serverside for whatever reason your better off using "diaglog" and writing need info to your RPT file to keep track instead of having hints that could potentially happen at almost the same time.

The reason for the hint is people like to complain a shit load when there items vanish or drop on the ground without them noticing that they did not have enough room for the items in the first place. A simple monitor that opens once someone tries to open their gear,vehicle inv or tents for dayz would be rather handy.