Sign in to follow this  
joschaap

[MP] [COOP/DM] GoT Wasteland v2 (Enhanced-edition)

did you lock the baseparts?

it only saves locked baseparts, also the RPT file logs it when the server loads or saves baseparts :)

the parts are saved to serverdit\@inidb\db\anyObjects.ini

rar is the same as zip, you should unpack it

Where is the arma3.exe located on an online acp admin panel ? :P

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

got it working :) there seems to be a lot less vehicles? any reason or just better fps?

---------- Post added at 12:05 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

and a lot less baseparts

- vehicles where 50% reduced indeed but you got boats and submarines back for it ;) also there are still more then enough. performance is the biggest reason indeed.

- baseparts only 25% reduced and we took out the parts that acted wierd or really served no purpose :)

but.. the correct functioning cleanup, respawn and optional basesaving should make up for it! :)

i have no experience with 'rented servers' you'd have to ask that at your GSP

there will be an errorbox here and there ocasionally but not as gamebreaking as it was before :)

some screens from testphase

http://imgur.com/a/VLFpo#0

Edited by JoSchaap

there are still some errorboxes being reported, I will look into that on tuesday after returning from the Campzone event :)

Hey JoSchaap

I have downloaded V2.3

When I try on your server the vehicles load and the missions start but on my home server for testing nothing happens?

I see somewhere you posted that you need a config and antihack downloaded seperately but I cant find these 2 files. "Be aware that since v2.3 the mission requires additional files found in the first link (config and antihack scripts)"

Will this be why mine isn't working?

Jabbajaws77

**** EDIT - Now working

Edited by jabbajaws77

Thanks for the great work that mission I am running properly, the only thing that does not work save with the @ INIdb.

But on my computer it works on my rented root server windows 2008 server cpu i7 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, it does not work does not submit to anyobject.ini?

can any one tell me what I'm doing wrong on my root?

greeting

Beer AIG tartar

the parts are saved to serverdit\@inidb\db\anyObjects.ini

I did not have that file in the db folder. I added it, and will try again.

Edit: Still not working. Is that a user created file? In other words, do I have to create it? I tried both ways, still nothing.

Also, did you put this line in your mission .sqf file, as it says in the iniDB readme file?

Then in your mission init.sqf, somewhere before you want to use the functions do this:

call compile preProcessFile "\iniDB\init.sqf";

Edited by Cosmo121

The latest Dev update Arma 3 and the Wasteland 2.3 no longer works. White one they have changed?

So we can change it the problem.

I did not have that file in the db folder. I added it, and will try again.

Edit: Still not working. Is that a user created file? In other words, do I have to create it? I tried both ways, still nothing.

Also, did you put this line in your mission .sqf file, as it says in the iniDB readme file?

you need to add -mod=@iniDB; to your commandline on server start (batch file if you host on dedicated) then the iniDB will add the file anyObjects.ini

(you can change 'any' to some numbers or letters you desire inside the iniDB folder if you have more than one server running on one box)

-----

To Bier AIG Tartar:

Yes, the only V2.3 seems to be the sandbox one, the rest (old versions) have no basebuilding in it, shame the sandbox one is filled with errors.

Edited by XoloX

you need to add -mod=@iniDB; to your commandline on server start (batch file if you host on dedicated) then the iniDB will add the file anyObjects.ini

(you can change 'any' to some numbers or letters you desire inside the iniDB folder if you have more than one server running on one box)

-----

To Bier AIG Tartar:

Yes, the only V2.3 seems to be the sandbox one, the rest (old versions) have no basebuilding in it, shame the sandbox one is filled with errors.

@ inidb the addon does not work with the x 32 x 86 but with the

You must have instaled here the 32-bit x86 C + + 2010 Redistributable

Edited by Bier AIG Tartar

jo, the food & water drains way to quick now since it's % based. could you tweak it ?

1) unpack mission .pbo

2) navigate to Sandbox65_GoT_Wasteland_V23.Stratis\client\functions\initsurival.sqf

3) Lines 9 and 10 dictate how long until the player will starve/get dehydrated, in seconds

ie: I changed both of mine to 3600 seconds, so it takes one hour till zero.

Arma 3 Development has a bug, it may only be a pbo in the MPmissions folder in it. Otherwise, not the server loads the missions and you Think the mission is not working.

I ask if the problem also appears when you open a ticket in Bohemia, thank you!

Gruß

BierAigtartar

let me help out. at the moment, it seems that the dev-build has a very special bug. if you have more than one .pbo in your mpmissions folder of your server, you're not able to start a map (client and logged in as admin). this problem maybe to be connected to steam workshop...

So, just out of curiosity, what are you working on Jo?

I have limited code skills, but you have my Git username if you need anything.

The past few days i've working on beating mygraine attacks, so all i can do is look at my well dimmed cellphone..

It's calming down so i hope to be back behind a screen on monday :)

i did open some issues on GiThub to reflect some of my goals: https://github.com/JoSchaap/GoT_Wasteland_V2.Stratis/issues?milestone=7&page=1&state=open

most time will be in investigating the new content for launch :)

hey jo, was just wondering will you be creating a version of wasteland for the new map altis with the new weapons and new vehicles. i know it is coming to the dev branch in the next week or two so i was wondering if we should be expecting something?

yes off-course

the only issue is that my day off work (mondays) is always the same day that the steam content servers stop working completely

(doesnt matter which country i set, or which trick i use) so im just waiting for 5 hours straight before they come back online :/ and then half of the day i can spend on this is gone..

i can handle the backlight of my pc again so, i will try to look into the errors if steam stops being an ass :)

since my steam went completely fubar after a reinstall i'll use this week to upgrade to windows 8.1 instead of work on the mission. cant get the game to run without steam so its the end for now :)

KIXh9uD.jpg

ill be back when im done backing up all data and migrating to win8.1 :)

Edited by JoSchaap

My friend was using windows 8.1 and he says since it is not finished it really messes with steam and lots of games. His advice is just use normal and don't upgrade until it is finished haha.