Sign in to follow this  
joschaap

[MP] [COOP/DM] GoT Wasteland v2 (Enhanced-edition)

both servers have been updated with the new BETA content (DEV-Branch only)

also the github has a seperate TEMP_DEVBRANCH only branch where the updated mission code can be read/found/leeched :)

i hope you enjoy it!

screenshot: (over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595881303920645827/DC1221CFF09908B965626EB9CE033A2F354BA673/

Woop Woop, thanks Jo.

Edit: So i don't get hit for Spam, I assume everyone is getting hit with the Boat Error at Server Launch? Or am I missing something? I re-DL'd the Dev branch from both steam and you just to be double-sure. Dunno but it's not preventing anything I don't think...

T1Nuo1e.png

and also good 'ol Katiba (more than likely a renaming)

YLrqPb8.png

Edited by DrMayhemMD

are you sure youre using the latest code?

because i cant replicate it with todays missionfile :)

are you hosting dedicated or locally?

Edited by JoSchaap

are you sure youre using the latest code?

because i cant replicate it with todays missionfile :)

are you hosting dedicated or locally?

Yeah it is super weird. I was having the Boat issue with a version of wasteland I was working on. Was driving me crazy yesterday as I manually updated all my files cause I would keep getting the error. I finally said F@$# it and saw that you had updated a branch of GOT and was super stoked but I am seeing the same error. Your mission actually lets me load though unlike mine. I can say that I am using another version of a Life server that has been updated and I get no errors at all. I host dedicated out of datacenter. In thinking it could be my server files, I redownloaded yesterday just in case. I'm starting to wonder if it maybe is my client. Going to jump on some other dev servers and rule that out. MAYBE redownload both my server files and your dev branch again. BLah, but good to know others aren't experiencing it. Jo, I'm also going to send you a pm so check ur inbox.

Ok so reinstalled server files, reinstalled client files. Remade my server.cfg, using one of your working PBO's off a dev server, I still get the "Boat" pop up on server load, and I can't load the mission after connecting. I get this

yP91jJu.png

...and it doesn't end untill I kill the instance. I never actually get to the lobby as well. Any ideas?? Can I provide any logs? I'm borderline suicidal cause I know this is going to be something super simple and idiotic.

Edited by DrMayhemMD

ive updated the temporary dev branch again today (had a day off work) this build will be merged into master once stable gets the beta as v2.2

source:

https://github.com/JoSchaap/GoT_Wasteland_V2.Stratis/tree/%23TEMP_DEVBRANCH_BETA

here's a ready to use pbo :

https://github.com/JoSchaap/Arma3_Binary_PBO/tree/master/tmp

*edit* if this PBO doesnt load, poke your GSP to update your server to the latest DEVBRANCH update again :)

changes:

[Removed] Time Acceleration (lagged)
[Removed] Random ammocrate spawns
[Added] New beta weapons!
[Added] New beta vehicles!
[Added] New beta clothing!
[Added] New beta ammunition!
[Added] New beta boats/submarines!
[Added] New outpost Main-mission
[Added] New APC Main-mission
[Added] New abandonned truck sidemission</br/>
[Fixed] broken vehiclespawns/missions due to beta
[Fixed] errors in admin menu's
[Fixed] all respawn issues in limbo
[Changed] existing mainmissions to new vehicles
[Changed] existing sidemissions to new vehicles
[Changed] More time between sidemissions (8min)
[Changed] More time between mainmissions (15min)
[Changed] Missions take longer to time-out
[Changed] new lootspawns in buildings (SMG/Handguns)
[Changed] mission starts at 4am for day edition
[Changed] mission starts at 7pm for evening edition
[Changed] minor changes to player hud

the new outpost:

(over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595881303951290760/D48F0CB45DEE270C99E97E4DCB6883E2FCE8863E/

as for the PM ill look into that later :) as i also have a family life to maintain ;)

Edited by JoSchaap

ok ive put out v2.2 on 2 servers,

i need to know if the time between sidemissions is doable or if i went overboard (15 minutes betweens mainmissions, 8 between sidemissions)

also the dead body/money/food/water cleanup now kicks in 10 minutes after the player died :)

source on git, pbo's too and 2 servers up on dev-branch

Ok so reinstalled server files, reinstalled client files. Remade my server.cfg, using one of your working PBO's off a dev server, I still get the "Boat" pop up on server load, and I can't load the mission after connecting. I get this

http://i.imgur.com/yP91jJu.png

...and it doesn't end untill I kill the instance. I never actually get to the lobby as well. Any ideas?? Can I provide any logs? I'm borderline suicidal cause I know this is going to be something super simple and idiotic.

This ended up being just a bad server instance. I duplicated off my good copy (my RP server) and have been fine since.

some of them are out of proportion yes.

I have no experience in dialog editting so i don't know if image placeholders can overlap eachother without causing visual glitches.

Thats why the gun and item image placeholders are next to eachother in stead of on top of eachother :)

its my first go at editting dialogs ;)

Love the mission. Seems to be running great so far using 2.2 on the stable Beta. The only issue I've encountered so far is when attempting to "untow" a vehicle from another. The vehicles are then clipping into each other so trying to move either one causes major damage and occasionally explosions leading to death. :p

I saw this asked previously in the thread, but as I'm not quite sure on how to do it myself, would it be possible to get a version running ini DB? Or if someone that already has one edited and would like to share it, that'd be amazing. While I do love the mission, I have a D3D error that causes my game to crash much more frequently than I'd like. And when it does, it's really rather annoying having to completely start back over from scratch.

Thanks

This mission is the perfect ... hats off ;)

to get iniDB to work is just adding 1 line to the init.sqf and running the @iniDB mod.

however due to combatlogging im no fan of saving player loadouts.

there have been a few issues in v2.2 which im currently debugging on my own servers, expect a v2.21 update soon with some more improvements and bugfixes :)

to support my debugging needs, join one of my servers on the DEV branch to help fill the logs of the servers with usefull info :)

servernames: [NL] GoT Wasteland v2.21 #1 and #2

theyre running a debugbuild of v2.21

if there are serious issues post them to the tracker at github

https://github.com/JoSchaap/GoT_Wasteland_V2.Stratis/issues?state=open

Edited by JoSchaap

ok today was the big bad bughunting day and i think i got it stable, but im giving it one more night to be sure :)

preliminary changelog for v2.21

[Added] Green army (Independent)

[Added] Diving class to all factions

[Added] Credits to those that contributed in any way

[Added] Green army suits to gunstore

[Added] spawn protection on debug island

[Added] New ghosthawk with camo (DEVBRANCH-ONLY)

[Fixed] Massive lag due to respawn issues and RPT spam in the logfiles introduced in v2.1

[Fixed] new outpost mission did not despawn correctly

[Fixed] incorrect mission descriptions

[Fixed] Offroads and civillian atvs not respawning

[Fixed] Server cleanup set to 10 minutes after death

[Fixed] Cargo on armed boat not working

[Changed] hostile heli missions contain a mi48 now

[Changed] hints before and after missions rewritten

[Changed] missions last longer before timing out

[Changed] mission starts at 8pm for evening edition

[Removed] Names when in vehicle in StreamFriendlyUI

Edited by JoSchaap

Hello JoSchaap, first off want to say amazing mod! I have been playing it since it was released. Second I was wondering if by chance my server on my clans server box can be used as a test server? I see the other servers when I go search and was wondering how they get the files early? Our server box is really nice and the game servers we run on it run smooth as butter. Also is v2.2 out yet? I see that there is 2.2.1 in the making right now on the NL server. Hope to hear back from you soon. Keep up the good work!!

Hi Irishone, v2.2 was released indeed (its also on github a.t.m.)

but due finding two bugs a day after release that caused some severe lag i did not fully announce it everywhere ;)

going trought the debug logs of the last build right now to see if everything works, if so a release is imminent :)

as far as testing goes, i allready have 2 servers at my disposal at 2 different datacentre's. but i do appreciate the offer!

Hi Irishone, v2.2 was released indeed (its also on github a.t.m.)

but due finding two bugs a day after release that caused some severe lag i did not fully announce it everywhere ;)

going trought the debug logs of the last build right now to see if everything works, if so a release is imminent :)

as far as testing goes, i allready have 2 servers at my disposal at 2 different datacentre's. but i do appreciate the offer!

Alright man if you ever need a Chicago based server then let me know. I always have high ping to those other servers running it and it seems like they do not run as smooth as ours do when running your mod. So if you decide to add another let us know. Will be downloading V2.2.1 here in a few and if you ever want to check out our server it is clanHBS server.

*preliminary changes for v2.3*

- general stores

- repairkits

- fuelcans

- new baseparts

- your ideas here? *reply* ;)

testbuild up on the servers in my signature (dont use that build yourself as it might change)

Can someone please explain the barricade mechanic for me? I know that you can put these concrete barriers to cordon of an area. But is there anything that stops the enemy from going up to them and just picking them up? Maybe as long as I'm near them (or someone from the same team as the player who put them down) another team cannot pick them up?

you can lock them an enemy cannot unlock them if your team/group is near it :)

im working on a 'raise above head' option for the logistics plugin to allow players to build higher up :)

also v2.3 will have more variation to the base building parts :)

general stores are in it also :)

general store and UI:

(over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594755968137278108/B2C598FF0269847FEE11C82D58ED1A7C914C22A6/

general store locations:

(over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594755968130687687/063B7558702169B318F8076D5ACA1BBF63197D69/

Edited by JoSchaap

you can lock them an enemy cannot unlock them if your team/group is near it :)

im working on a 'raise above head' option for the logistics plugin to allow players to build higher up :)

also v2.3 will have more variation to the base building parts :)

general stores are in it also :)

general store and UI:

(over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594755968137278108/B2C598FF0269847FEE11C82D58ED1A7C914C22A6/

general store locations:

(over 100kb) http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/594755968130687687/063B7558702169B318F8076D5ACA1BBF63197D69/

more small spawn area's (to make spawn camping less of a factor)