Sign in to follow this  
kadinx

Enjoying Development Logs

I have been following the development from the start and I am very impressed with the organized setup Bohemia team has put together. It is not only that they bother to listen and let us know, it is that their information is thorough and down to earth. No problem stating tough moments or nagging troubleshooting.

Thank you Guys :)

Yeah totally. I couldn't buy supporter on launch because of store issues but this makes me want to upgrade my non-supporter to supporter (is that possible yet, the devs said they were looking into it). BIS is value for money gaming, a rarity these days.

Well,they haven't done enough from my point of view ... there are few big gameplay changes and thousands of "miscallenous" ones !

I can already see another 5 years of lone wolfing on arma 3 again :S

Well,they haven't done enough from my point of view ... there are few big gameplay changes and thousands of "miscallenous" ones !

Really? Why?

And yet your sig says "RELEASE ARMA 3 PLEASE !!" :confused:

Did I say how impressed I am with Bohemia team. I mean we should give them praise for their amazing support system. I have been using the Dev Version and updates and corrections are coming in on daily, some times hourly base. Very impressive to my simple mind :)

Thank you.

I was always impressed how Bohemia would frequently release beta patches for ARMA 2.

I used to play a certain flight simulator and the Devs would just vanish for months without a word while we waited for the patch that was going to be round the corner.

it's steady progress ;) ask anyone who remembers Arma 1.0 , Arma 2 1.0 , Arma 2: OA 1.5 ... the cycle is better than even OA 1.6x betas

things are moving and has all ways moved fast with bis they have all ways knocked out beta after beta with arma2 which is great

the is one question though

just wondering does any one know when they plan to release the blog on optimization and what thy plan to do with arma3.

thanks

And yet your sig says "RELEASE ARMA 3 PLEASE !!" :confused:

Yes,i fixed it because i wrote that before the alpha release !

@Dwarden

The alpha should have been 400 % better than what you have released ... 3 years for so poor level,and half year to fix the rest ... i don't really get you ?!

Besides,it's not a good idea to compare with 1.6x a2 patch (it was not that good)... i would rather just compare with 1.60 ,it was the last huge effort from your side !

And ,sorry for sounding harsh :S

@qazdar you always welcome to join our side and show us how do it better ...

Dwarden do u know when the blog on optimization is out?

thanks

@qazdar you always welcome to join our side and show us how do it better ...

I wish i could :S

But,i can help you by inviting you to join the hot topics ... and fix the things that will really improve the game ! you're making a new game ,this is not fixing arma 1/2 ... so there is no reason not to do a total overhaul !

But,i can help you by inviting you to join the hot topics ... and fix the things that will really improve the game ! you're making a new game ,this is not fixing arma 1/2 ... so there is no reason not to do a total overhaul !

Touché.

We could use some more attention on the forums.

People are pointing out some really important things,and it almost feels like your guys don't see it.

Don't get me wrong,not trying to be rude. ;)

Edited by Alistair

Touché.

We could use some more attention on the forums.

People are pointing out some really important things,and it almost feels like your guys don't see it.

Don't get me wrong,not trying to be rude. ;)

yes, there are a lot of nice new things in arma 3 - the graphics, the car physics, and so on. But they all are superficial. None of the really important structural things was thought about. But it's somehow understandable that you loose your feeling about what is important as a dev, when you take a look in this forum.. so many wishes for nice small features people want to have in.. from this or that tank/aircraft to breaking sniper scopes and destructible windows... I see it coming that A3 is just the same as A2 with some new features.

Also i would be interested in how the work is organised for Bohemia Interactive employees. Is it in a way, so you have a list of things of your responsibility that have to be done and you can select one? So small easy things get done while hard things stay undone?

Yes,i fixed it because i wrote that before the alpha release !

Fair enough :)

So you suggest that the A3 team should "just" do a total overhaul :confused:

Any specifics besides optimize aka give me fps like bf/cod etc.?

I like how the devs actually communicate with the community. You don't see that very often!

I like how the devs actually communicate with the community. You don't see that very often!

Agree :cool:

But certain areas seems pushed aside, personally i miss a little dev communication in the AI threads.