Sign in to follow this  
flaep

FLIR and Co-Pilot Cockpit viewangle

Hi

Today we tried to play one of the default Multiplayer missions.

The mission is about rescuing people in Seattle. He was the pilot and iam the co-pilot.

We encountered 3 problems:

1. If he gave the control to me I couldn't reach all buttons from co-pilot seat.

- Open the co-pilot door

- upper panel in the middle (lights, batteries, Rotorbreaks and statistics)

2. The Briefing suggested to use Flir but there was no way to actually use Flir.

What is the Button to change the View mode? Do i have to be in a special position in the Helicopter (i tried all).

I also tried the "under the helicopter"-view that you can reach from the co-pilot seat.

3.The Briefing also suggested to use the winch.

But how?

More problems here. I have tried this mission and I don't know if I am totally incapable of spotting the ones that need to be rescued but after circling a dozen times several locations I could find none. And I wasn't alone. Nobody could find anyone. What was wrong? Who knows. Could you guys at least find the people that you were looking for?

As for the Flir camera I think that I recall that there is a button to activate it, 0 or enter or something like that. I will be back if I find it.

P.S. I believe that you are aware of this but just in case, there are one or two multiplayer missions to download from this forums.

they are there. We found few of them but if we had flir it would be a lot easier.

The Groupleader (Pilot) of each Team has to be near the "victims" then they get added to your group and you can command them to board the helicopter.

Ok then I will make sure that I give it another try.

I have yet to find out the button that I am looking for but as for not being able to reach the controls I would advise you to zoom in via the mouse. This could work. You can press Alt to look around, free look, and then right mouse button to zoom in.

As for the winch I have not tried it but can't somebody sit at the back of the helicopter? I mean there is a side door and a seat which is for the winch operator I believe.

Hope these helped.

You can sit on the right door but you cant operate the winch from there. (there is no option in the middlemouse button menu)

Zooming with the Mouse or leaning want help anything to reach the controls. I tried nearly anything you just cant turn wide enough to the left or up.

Its a shame that it doesnt work. The mission could be so fun....

Unfortunately this is not so uncommon. Have you guys tried to play Desert Hawks? I had started a thread some time ago but no solution has been given even after all that time. I have only managed to complete this mission once and I really do not know how I accomplished it. Two players were left back then, a gunner and me as a pilot and I had the fuel warning on for the last flight minutes. Thankfully we managed to land safely.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147184-Desert-Hawks-multiplayer-mission-help-required