Sign in to follow this  
MrGrimm

1 Server x 2 instances of ARMA 3

Ok.....I have a Server setup with my steam account/arma3 install. I run 1 server from that install. I copiied all files to another dir and made new .bat file with everything pointing where it needs to. Server #2 will start but soon as i try and connect it kicks me when trying to load mission. Here in this link ( http://www.zombiebattalion.net/index.php ) shows server is running and able to be queryed. Any ideas whats wrong?

Server 2 is the ZB test server

I dont understand what you mean by

and made new .bat file with everything pointing where it needs to.

Your thread title states : 1 Server x 2 instances of ARMA 3 yet your post indicates that you are running 2 servers

So am not certain what you are trying ti achieve

This is what i would do.

1) Read the First post in this thread

That will guide you through setting up multiple servers

Once you have followed the guide, then

2) Try loading a standard BIS mission in your server

if that loads okay then the issue is with the mission you initially tried to, load

GOTO 4

3)

if the standard BIS mission does not load, then post the following information

a) Your server startup parameters (Command line, .bat etc)

b) Your ***.cfg (Make sure you hide the passwords)

4) Problems that may be causing that are

• Mission is fubarred
  • Mission requires addons that you or the server does not have

Edited by Terox

1 server meaning one computer running 2 instances of arma3

Server 1

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3server.exe" -port=2303 -config=wasteland\server.cfg -cfg=wasteland\basic.cfg

Server 2

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ARMA 3S2\arma3server.exe" -port=2322 -config=coop\server.cfg -cfg=coop\basic.cfg

Server 2 Kicks me upon connect.

CFG's below

Server 1

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname = "Zombie Battalions Wasteland Server $1500.00 Starting Cash!"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password = ""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin = ""; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login corpse'

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers

//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers

reportingIP = "arma3oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead

logFile = "server_console.log"; // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {

"", "",

"Welcome to Zombie Battalion's Wasteland server......We are currently recruiting new members!",

"www.ZombieBattalion.net",

"", "",

"Join us on Teamspeak @ 64.34.162.240:9162",

""

};

motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[] = {}; // Outdated.

maxPlayers = 40; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures = 2; // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed).

equalModRequired = 0; // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

//requiredBuild = 12345 // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN = 1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality = 0; // since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

timeStampFormat = "short"; // Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".

BattlEye = 0; // Server to use BattlEye system

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = ""; //

doubleIdDetected = ""; //

//regularCheck = "{}"; // Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature - READ WARNING ABOVE - makes cheating possible!

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = ""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

class Wasteland_Chernarus

{

template="ZB.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

};

Server 2

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

steamport=2320;

steamqueryport=2321;

// GLOBAL SETTINGS

hostname = "Zombie Battalions TEST Server!"; // The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list

password = ""; // Password for joining, eg connecting to the server

passwordAdmin = ""; // Password to become server admin. When you're in Arma MP and connected to the server, type '#login '

//reportingIP = "armedass.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA1 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers

//reportingIP = "arma2pc.master.gamespy.com"; // For ArmA2 publicly list your server on GameSpy. Leave empty for private servers

reportingIP = "arma3oapc.master.gamespy.com"; // For Arma2: Operation Arrowhead

logFile = "server_console.log"; // Tells ArmA-server where the logfile should go and what it should be called

// WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")

// It can be several lines, separated by comma

// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[] = {

"", "",

"Welcome to Zombie Battalion's COOP Server......We are currently recruiting new members!",

"www.ZombieBattalion.net",

"", "",

"Join us on Teamspeak @ 64.34.162.240:9162",

""

};

motdInterval = 5; // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

// JOINING RULES

checkfiles[] = {}; // Outdated.

maxPlayers = 20; // Maximum amount of players. Civilians and watchers, beholder, bystanders and so on also count as player.

kickDuplicate = 1; // Each ArmA version has its own ID. If kickDuplicate is set to 1, a player will be kicked when he joins a server where another player with the same ID is playing.

verifySignatures = 2; // Verifies .pbos against .bisign files. Valid values 0 (disabled), 1 (prefer v2 sigs but accept v1 too) and 2 (only v2 sigs are allowed).

equalModRequired = 0; // Outdated. If set to 1, player has to use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.

//requiredBuild = 12345 // Require clients joining to have at least build 12345 of game, preventing obsolete clients to connect

// VOTING

voteMissionPlayers = 1; // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold = 0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

// INGAME SETTINGS

disableVoN = 1; // If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available

vonCodecQuality = 0; // since 1.62.95417 supports range 1-20 //since 1.63.x will supports range 1-30 //8kHz is 0-10, 16kHz is 11-20, 32kHz is 21-30

persistent = 1; // If 1, missions still run on even after the last player disconnected.

timeStampFormat = "short"; // Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file. Possible values are "none" (default),"short","full".

BattlEye = 0; // Server to use BattlEye system

// SCRIPTING ISSUES

onUserConnected = ""; //

onUserDisconnected = ""; //

doubleIdDetected = ""; //

//regularCheck = "{}"; // Server checks files from time to time by hashing them and comparing the hash to the hash values of the clients. Causes heavy I/O, uncomment to disable feature - READ WARNING ABOVE - makes cheating possible!

// SIGNATURE VERIFICATION

onUnsignedData = "kick (_this select 0)"; // unsigned data detected

onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)"; // tampering of the signature detected

onDifferentData = ""; // data with a valid signature, but different version than the one present on server detected

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)

class Missions

{

class Wasteland_Chernarus

{

template="ArmA3_Life.Stratis";

difficulty="Regular";

};

};

Edited by MrGrimm

I take it you were not able to connect to your No.2 server while it ran a standard mission

This may well be down to an MpMission issue

On startup all MPMissions are checked by the engine, if there is one in there with a scripting error, in certain scripts, ( Description.ext and init.sqf are defintely checked) the server will just hang

Easiest way to check this is to temporarily move all missions out, this will leave only BIS missions (That are stored in a config somewhere) in the mission selection list

Also clear any 3rd party addons out so you are testing a very basic server set up

There are no known issues with running 2 servers as long as the ports are different, forwarded correctly and they reside in different directories

You to check, you aren't sim linking any files in your No2 server directory to your No.1 are you and if you are, which ones?

Apart from that generally everything else looks fine.

A couple of oddities though

1)Why port 2303 on Server No.1 (default is 2302)

I assume you are also running ArmA2 servers because you have DayZ on your web page.

If you are not already aware, the 2 engine versions A2 & A3 use by default the same ports, 2302.

Could there be an Arma2OAserver.exe that uses the same ports as your A3 No.2 server?

2) There are no steam ports defined in server1, so am assuming the default ports are being used for this server ?

8766 (Steam port)

27016 (Steam query port)

I really hope the advice helps you out here mate, i know how frustrating this can get

If i shut 1st server second one works fine....Just can run both at same time.

Ok.....I have a Server setup with my steam account/arma3 install. I run 1 server from that install. I copiied all files to another dir and made new .bat file with everything pointing where it needs to. Server #2 will start but soon as i try and connect it kicks me when trying to load mission. Here in this link ( http://www.zombiebattalion.net/index.php ) shows server is running and able to be queryed. Any ideas whats wrong?

Server 2 is the ZB test server

I used to have the same problem, solution:

Add steam ports to the server config, for the 2nd server I use:

steamPort=8776

steamQueryPort=27026