Sign in to follow this  
dragon01

What's gonna happen to ArmA III Lite on June 18?

On the website, it says that invites for ArmA III Lite are "available from March 14, 2013 until June 18, 2013". What exactly does it mean? I have a friend whom I'd like to invite to the Alpha, but she'll only have time to play in July. So, will it still be possible to install and play ArmA III Lite after June 18, assuming one is invited before that date?

That means the Alpha Lite will be going offline, so you won't be able to play it after that date. There may be another similar "demo" version of the game at a later date, but I'm not sure there's any hard data on that yet.

She can buy the Alpah for 25 then, which is not so much???

Well, the problem is, I'm trying to convert her from Battlefield to ArmA (don't worry, she can appreciate a realistic gameplay). :) The Alpha as it is now isn't really much to speak of, you need to be an ArmA fan to cope with it. I believe it'll soon become much, much better, but right now, it's hardly a better introduction than ArmAII Demo. Also, I want to know if it's worth to send her an invitation to the Alpha, since she might not be able to play it before it expires. I wonder, is being invited to Lite version going to provide any additional benefits after June 18? Three months really isn't much of a duration for such a preview.

The problem is, from the looks of it, it'll expire even before she has a chance to install it, and long before I can make a convincing argument about AIII being much better than BF3 (remember, she doesn't really know anything about the series). As of now, there's simply not enough content and too many bugs. Of course it gets better, but if the lite version won't be around long enough for her to experience that, then I could just invite her over and let her try my copy, or ArmA II (which, with mods and good missions, can get quite amazing).

TBH, the concept of a limited, 3 month trail of an alpha game seems somewhat strange to me, especially that it's invite-only. If it was completely open, or lasted beyond those 3 months (like I originally expected it to), then it would've been fine, but now, it seems like a pretty much useless gimmick to me. Especially that those 3 months it was active in also happen to be ones in which all nearly exams are done...

Hello there

Why not try her out with Arma2free?

Rgds

LoK

Absolutely not, Orlok, part of the point of the Alpha Lite is/was to show off how different Arma 3 is from Arma 2...

Dragon01, I would admittedly suggest inviting her over to try out your copy of Arma 3, while letting her know that the price will go up soon so it's better to buy ASAP since she'll be getting the later content and fixes too. :) Also have a list of what's coming in the beta handy, so she'll know what to expect as far as what she'll be getting by buying before the price increase!

I heard that the Beta version is supposed to come out shortly after E3, so I'm afraid she won't be able to make it for the Alpha. On the other hand, this'll mean I'll be able to show her the Beta instead, which is gonna have a lot more features. Also note, we're in Poland. Even 25$ is a lot here, try imagining the Alpha was priced at 80$ and you'll have an idea of how we feel about the price (also the reason I haven't bought the Supporter Edition, our currency is just that crappy).

I was kind of hoping to play a few multi missions with her though, looks like the AII Free will have to do for it, unless she decides to buy the AIII Beta.

it will be disabled (removed) ... but more likely we will re-use Lite for Demo sometime after A3 release ... unless some issue prevent it and new appID needs to be used

I heard that the Beta version is supposed to come out shortly after E3, so I'm afraid she won't be able to make it for the Alpha. On the other hand, this'll mean I'll be able to show her the Beta instead, which is gonna have a lot more features. Also note, we're in Poland. Even 25$ is a lot here, try imagining the Alpha was priced at 80$ and you'll have an idea of how we feel about the price (also the reason I haven't bought the Supporter Edition, our currency is just that crappy).

Well the price will increase with 10$ in beta so waiting makes no sense :confused:

And what will happen to arma 3 alpha (not lite) gifts after beta release will they change name arma 3 beta or they will stay as arma 3 alpha... but when activated on account they will be beta

Absolutely not, Orlok, part of the point of the Alpha Lite is/was to show off how different Arma 3 is from Arma 2...

oops!

Also, will there surely not be a Beta lite?

Rgds

LoK

Well the price will increase with 10$ in beta so waiting makes no sense :confused:

The problem is, she doesn't exactly have a choice in that matter. She won't be able to play at all until at least 10.06.

If it is an invite why fret. Give her the code anyway. There is nothing you can lose.

Slight OT, but my mate got alpha (Steam) and doesnt know where the invite codes was sent if they get them from steam that is. Where would he find the codes. He is trying to send me one so I can see if I can run it before 18th so I can buy. I can run Arma 2 at 30-40 FPS almost all the time. I know 3 is supposed to be better code but would like to know for sure. PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE HERE FOR ONE SO PLEASE DO NOT BAN ME.

Welcome! It's one of those things that BI didn't exactly do a "Steam 101" on, but buying Arma 3 directly or activating an Arma 3 key results in three (3) "Alpha Lite" items being added to the recipient account's Steam Inventory, which is how he got them.

Lol Kremator, there are actually a number of girls playing ArmA that I know of and whatnot that play but don't talk much for the exact reason of they will be looked at differently and they don't like that. I have a friend who is a girl and plays I am not a girl :P

The problem is, she doesn't exactly have a choice in that matter. She won't be able to play at all until at least 10.06.

Still makes no sense especially when you mention that 25$ is a lot of money where you live, well 35$ is even more :)

Still makes no sense especially when you mention that 25$ is a lot of money where you live, well 35$ is even more :)

Why plague these forums with harsh logic :p