Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

MGS inspired PMC (Opfor)

Opfor needs some badasses too. Praying Mantis.

10765255.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/5669/arma32013060500321650.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/3236/arma32013060500445359.png

28520084.jpg

They need real goggles and(done) a Scar-H(Mk.17). Help?

I'm also considering making a darker version of the EBR.(done)

[b]Current units:[/b]
-Heli Pilot
-Heli Pilot (shield)
-Fighter Pilot

-Rifleman
-Rifleman (light)
-Designated Marksman

[b]Current weapons:[/b]
-M14 EBR (black)

Edited by AlexVestin

nice, praying mantis right? i cant remember what they are called. but yeah, pretty cool.

nice, praying mantis right? i cant remember what they are called. but yeah, pretty cool.

Yeah, praying mantis. I'll get some better pictures soon. They all got the tag and it's clearly readable up close. I'm adding a pilot atm. Also made their textures a lot better. Dirt and other details.

I love Praying Mantis, you should put their logo on the ball cap and their vests (unless you did the vest ones already)

I love Praying Mantis, you should put their logo on the ball cap and their vests (unless you did the vest ones already)

Going by the game (wich I have not played at all), the caps will not carry their logo. For now. The vest sure has it.

while you are making bad guys, can you make the guys from the original mgs? images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUx8eJborBX9SOBKoB6aEhEKXbXqHKi99TkecSPKvt7Dveyw-D

Depends on what pops up in ArmA3 in the near future. I wont model anything myself right now. Keeping it simple.

If anything I am interested in the upcoming ArmA3 uniform that the Green Army will have. It looks like it'd fit the units better.

Are u going to default them with balaclavas as well?

I've treid Kiorys balaclavas and modified them to work as glasses,

but that leaves them with no being able to have glasses and they clip a lot through the asian faces.

I've also tried the swat masks by ice123, but those were too skintight and did not look quite right.

I'd take glasses over balaclavas if I have to choose. If it can't be made into one item.

I've treid Kiorys balaclavas and modified them to work as glasses,

but that leaves them with no being able to have glasses and they clip a lot through the asian faces.

I've also tried the swat masks by ice123, but those were too skintight and did not look quite right.

I'd take glasses over balaclavas if I have to choose. If it can't be made into one item.

I did the same :) I've actually made a number of texture variants I plan on releasing if you want to use them. Take a look here

I assumed I needed Kiory's permission before releasing (true?). I've dropped him a message and waiting for his ok, then I'll release.

I did the same :) I've actually made a number of texture variants I plan on releasing if you want to use them. Take a look here

I assumed I needed Kiory's permission before releasing (true?). I've dropped him a message and waiting for his ok, then I'll release.

Yeah. Always better to ask :) Not sure if he released them just to have people re-use them or not since he did not clarify in his thread.

But the problem still presists. They clip through the asian face variants really bad. Only on them, though, so there might be other appropriate faces to use underneath.

Awesome to hear :) I was curious, would the solution be that someone can mod a "glasses" item which appears as both glasses + balaclava? would that be possible?

Keep up the amazing work btw, should have said that earlier

Yeah. Always better to ask :) Not sure if he released them just to have people re-use them or not since he did not clarify in his thread.

But the problem still presists. They clip through the asian face variants really bad. Only on them, though, so there might be other appropriate faces to use underneath.

Yeah I noticed that. Actually pretty much with any face other than white.

Awesome to hear :) I was curious, would the solution be that someone can mod a "glasses" item which appears as both glasses + balaclava? would that be possible?

Keep up the amazing work btw, should have said that earlier

I'm pretty certain its not possible. The only way around it that I can think of, would be to make goggles as part of the balaclava.

Edited by pomigit

that's what i mean; modelling the glasses as part of the balaclava. It's complicated, i know. Just seeing if that was a possibility was all

That is completely doable.

Kiorys balaclava + some protective goggles as one .p3d and it's the closest it can get.

Looks nice Alex.

From what I know the full A3 game will include the Mk.16 and Mk.17.

Now we need Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot.. and maybe B&B Corps.

Looks nice Alex.

From what I know the full A3 game will include the Mk.16 and Mk.17.

Would be pretty sweet IMO. I have not seen it confirmed anywhere, though.

Now we need Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot.. and maybe B&B Corps.

Custom gamemode, lol. One player as snake against PMCs trying to find him. It'd be like hide and seek.

We need a custom hat model that is a giant box.

And it would be kinda scary for us mortals to go up against those ladies.

I'm thinking stryker ICW w/ 50.cal. The model aint too bad in ArmA1 from what I remember?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also. ESS protective goggles. They come in green tan and black.

I got the idea from Slatts who did this a while back for ArmA2.

10765255.jpg

I took the goggle from a ArmaA1 BIS sample model. I also updated the textures so it fits in ArmA3.

Silly really how it could've looked this sexy back in ArmA1 with the right textures.

Edited by AlexVestin

According to the fluff, Praying Mantis is based in the UK. Being a PMC though, possibly they should be allowed to have all nationalities occuring for them, maybe apart from the old civilians?

I have no idea, so I'll probably look it up somewhere me too. I just thought I'd make them something special.

I really don't know shit when it comes to the MGS universe. I'll probably change if it's unaccurate how they are now.

Currently looking into giving them balaclavas AND goggles. It'll probably end up being too much models clipping into each other.

/edit

I looked it up more closely now. They are infact brittish. I'll work that in. I wonder if british voices are an option soon, or now? Anyways, I'll fix it.

Edited by AlexVestin

Would be pretty sweet IMO. I have not seen it confirmed anywhere, though.
I would also add that the Mk. 16 doesn't appear in MGS4, only the Mk. 17; note that the game model used an older appearance (with a birdcage-style flash hider and shorter barrel than the production CQC variant) as also seen here, and the in-game version could not mount suppressors or UGLs (such as the Mk 13 EGLM, the in-game UGL was the prototype XM320), only optics, lights/laser and vertical foregrips.

Footage/imagery of PMC personnel with M4s can be seen during Act 1's briefing, while Drebin 893 said that M4s were "real popular with the big PMCs" despite not seeing them use M4s in-game, so you have canon evidence for both weapons. :) Though I would suggest sticking with the BI weapons (including the Mk. 17 if BI makes them for Arma 3) instead having PMC use of M4s be a "per-mission" thing (mission maker arms your units with M4s made by someone else) to minimize mod dependencies.

As far as Strykers, the Metal Gear Wikia mentions the French PMC Pieuvre Armement using the ICV in general, but part of the South America "Stryker chase" involves a M1128 MGS. If you want to go further with a Metal Gear Solid mod than simply PMCs, Drebin's Stryker had OctoCamo-like capability and instead of the M151 Protector RWS it had a manned turret with gun shield, as demonstrated later in that segment with both "turret" and "standing on top of the Stryker wielding small arms" gameplay.

Great stuff!

And yes. I really don't want this do be dependant on other mods, but as soon as there is a Mk.16 or Mk.17 available, it'll be their main armament. I do not think we'll se an older version of the Mk.17 in ArmA3 for some time either. So it's gonna be the first possible version available. M4s would be nice to have, but not needed as of now. Mk.17 is the target.

I'll get the PMCs their NATO nationalities back too. Seems more accurate. I could not find any brittish identities for use yet, but they'll probably come some day.

There's a Stryker ICV in BIS sample models. I have not yet learned how to configure vehicles for ArmA3, so that'd be a project to try so I can learn. If I manage to do it I'll update the textures significally and even try to get more hatches/ramps working. Only the ICV version though, since it'd be of most use when these guys have no trasnsport at all right now. Drebins "EYE HAVE YOU" version was certainly interesting :rolleyes: and no big deal to make if I finish a ICV, but no priority.

Edited by AlexVestin

Great stuff!

And yes. I really don't want this do be dependant on other mods, but as soon as there is a Mk.16 or Mk.17 available, it'll be their main armament. I do not think we'll se an older version of the Mk.17 in ArmA3 for some time either. So it's gonna be the first possible version available. M4s would be nice to have, but not needed as of now. Mk.17 is the target.

I'll get the PMCs their NATO nationalities back too. Seems more accurate. I could not find any brittish identities for use yet, but they'll probably come some day.

There's a Stryker ICV in BIS sample models. I have not yet learned how to configure vehicles for ArmA3, so that'd be a project to try so I can learn. If I manage to do it I'll update the textures significally and even try to get more hatches/ramps working. Only the ICV version though, since it'd be of most use when these guys have no trasnsport at all right now. Drebins "EYE HAVE YOU" version was certainly interesting :rolleyes: and no big deal to make if I finish a ICV, but no priority.

Perhaps this would be a fair champion?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/arma3%202013-03-12%2017-36-31-89.jpg

that would be RH's Mk18mod1 currently WIP (trying to get a release date out of them)

Great stuff!

I see that you already asked Kiory about a possible Mk 17 SCAR-H. :) Even though what he modeled looks like the later (2nd generation) Mk 16/Mk17 (I'm not sure which since he omitted a magazine but the flash hider length makes me believe that it's the latter) instead of the 1st generation used in MGS4.

If you do decide on using the "M4 Custom", its Metal Gear Wikia article mentions its specifics.