Can you please help me get it to work? It doesn't show the version hint and I can't revive my mates.

- I have put the folder "FAR_revive" into the folder of my mission (and also into the MPMissions and Missions folder to be sure).

- I've added this line to my init.sqf "call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";"

- playtested it in the editor and after creating an MP game, playing a medic.

- tried it with and without respawn

Would love to use it in my missions, so can you please let me know where I'm stupid? :-)

Thanks!

In the meantime, can you please help me get it to work? It just behaves as if it wasn't there, no hint, no revive.

In the meantime, can you please help me get it to work? It just behaves as if it wasn't there, no hint, no revive.

Hm.

I think I need more info here.

Perhaps send me the mission folder so I can take a look?

For everybody else running into this problem, I had file-extensions disabled so I couldn't see the init.sqf was in fact a .txt

Thanks again, Prof! You made my day!

For everybody else running into this problem, I had file-extensions disabled so I couldn't see the init.sqf was in fact a .txt

Thanks again, Prof! You made my day!

Not a problem :)

I'm still struggling to get this working. I just created a new mission to test it out. Copied the folder into my mission, put the line in the init.sqf, start the mission in editor, get the hint that revive is intialized, but no revive function. Please help, its driving me nuts! I've used it previously with no issues but the last two missions have been like this, any help would be appreciated.

Is there a way to set it up so each player can get 1 revive only?

First of all let me thank you for a lightweight and useful script.
Stopping by to quote this, great job.

I also quote this for sure. Thank you!

But I also agree this revive script has room for improvements because some times the keys get "stuck" in a movement after revived or drag animation stops draging after using the drag action.

Would indeed be nice to have the script runing after the ragdoll feature instead of forcing the known laydown anime.

Looking forward for a new Farooq revive improved version. It's considered one of the best so far.

farooqaaa are there any plans for a carry option and na option to load injured to vehicles on this script?

Thanks in advance.

Loving this script. A great addition to any Arma Mission.

One issue i`m having at the moment though, is the AI don't seem to want to revive me. I`m probably missing something obvious, but i can't figure it out.

I`ve got the revive option set to 1 = All units can revive and i have applied the fixes on page 5, as well as read through the rest of the thread but nothing stood out as a solution.

I know there's a section in the Revive_init file that points to adding revive to playable AI (which is what my mission has), but is this a future feature or something you need to turn on, with it mentioning debugging?

When all of the following conditions are satisfied:

• I actually get farooq's permission to work on and redistribute this.
  • I work out a way to implement said feature, including the option to turn it on/off in the parameters.
  • It is stable enough that I am okay with releasing it.

Hope you get permission soon. For all of us wanting this script updated.

Alright, after several attempts at pasting in the new lines of code that are supposed to resolve the setCaptive issue and multiple tests with my unit, we've been unable to get it working properly. I've also PM'd ProfCupcake but being it is the holidays I can understand the delay. Google turns up nothing but this very thread on fixing the issue. I suppose maybe I've posted the lines in the wrong places, or something trivial like that, but if anyone can offer a pointer or anything at all, it would be much appreciated.

Try this

{
(_x getVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious",0] == 1)
} count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) == count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers)

Thanks for the little piece of code. That is exactly what I want. Just a question for a noob, where do I add this little piece of code?

Thanks!

Hey Guys...

As you know this revive allows the players talk while unconscious... Does anyone know how to not make the people talk to make the script more realisitc....?

Hey Farooq I love this mod. It's lightweight and simple to use!

I'd like to make a request - can you make it so that with option 2 that anyone with either a medkit OR a first aid kit can revive? Or maybe make it so that the first aid kit on a down unit will stop their timer and "stabilize" them?

I have only tried this script once. If I am correct in thinking that a medikit is needed and not a first aid kit then the option to change to use a first aid kit would be good as a combat live saver by default has lots if them!

Apart from that the script looks really good and I'm going to use it in my next mission.

Great work!

It seems that this is no longer working as of the 1.0.8 patch of yesterday. At least the AI revive is now bust.

How do I modify this script so that every time you revive someone you need a first aid kit, and a first aid kit is also consumed on revive?

How do add revive zones that spawn on markers so that medical tents can be used?

Sorry guys! I have been busy and haven't played A3 in a while.

When all of the following conditions are satisfied:

• I actually get farooq's permission to work on and redistribute this.
  • I work out a way to implement said feature, including the option to turn it on/off in the parameters.
  • It is stable enough that I am okay with releasing it.

FAR_Revive is open source. Feel free to contribute or fork it:

https://github.com/farooqaaa/far_revive

Farooq this is one of the awesome revive scripts that I have come across fro ARMA 3 and I would really hope that you can keep on working on it. I have had an issue with running the revive script with ALIVE which in a case of getting knocked down the game does a random thing by putting you in a 'setCaptive true' mode which can be a bit frustrating. I do not know if it is me that is doing something wrong or if the two things collide. If you could help me fix this issue or to possibly fix in a near update that would be grand.

Farooq this is one of the awesome revive scripts that I have come across fro ARMA 3 and I would really hope that you can keep on working on it. I have had an issue with running the revive script with ALIVE which in a case of getting knocked down the game does a random thing by putting you in a 'setCaptive true' mode which can be a bit frustrating. I do not know if it is me that is doing something wrong or if the two things collide. If you could help me fix this issue or to possibly fix in a near update that would be grand.

See if this post from page 5 isn't the case, can't remember if that issue's been fixed with 1.4d:

I made some modifications since the player was set captive/and or couldn't take any damage after commiting suicide (via action menu) or bleeding out.

diff --git a/FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf b/../FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
index f56914c..3f11050 100644
--- a/FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
+++ b/../FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
@@ -14,9 +14,6 @@ if (_action == "action_revive") then

if (_action == "action_suicide") then
{
+	player enableSimulation true;
+	player allowDamage true;
+	player setCaptive false;
	player setDamage 1;
};

diff --git a/FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf b/../FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
index b3ca10b..e632e3e 100644
--- a/FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
+++ b/../FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
@@ -53,58 +53,55 @@ FAR_Player_Unconscious =
		// Player bled out
		if (FAR_BleedOut > 0 && {time > _bleedOut}) then
		{
+			_unit enableSimulation true;
+			_unit allowDamage true;
+			_unit setCaptive false;
			_unit setDamage 1;
			_unit setVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious", 0, true];
			_unit setVariable ["FAR_isDragged", 0, true];

This is a patch file, lines with "+" are added.

Best revive script on ARMA3

i'm using it in my mission and works like a charm, i just have some issues with dragging, but i updated to version 1.5, going to test tonight to see if it now works!

ok, in my mission dragging does not work, even when i press C unit just stays stuck.

Also when i revived somone, Medic gets stuck in the holding gun position after healing someone. any idea?