Its posible to include "lives" ?

thanks

Would be amazing if this option is added ... Really I would use this option much to increase the simulation matches with my corporation ...

First of all let me thank you for a lightweight and useful script.

Stopping by to quote this, great job.

When I enable your script in my mission and respawn, the enemy does not shoot at me anymore and I get minus points for killing them... When I disable it in my mission, I don't get this problem... Any ideas why this is?

Dirty Haz

Dirty Haz is correct.

It appears that your respawn eventhandler is not firing correctly.

It should run player setCaptive false however the player still remains in a captive state (civilian).

I love the idea of a revive script that works with the new respawn system in A3. But I play mostly with AI... ?

There is an interesting bit about playableAI and debugging at the bottom of the init file, does this script work with AI or is it on your todo list? Or how to enable?

Sorry, noob to your script, not sure I understand yet.

As far as I understood this has nothing to do with a new respawn system. It prevents people from actually dying in the first place and makes them incapacitated instead.

Pretty much the same way A.C.E. did it in ArmA2.

I love this script but I seem to get random issues with it. I have a mission right now where it works when I preview my mission as Single Player in editor, it also works on the same mission as a multiplayer mission in editor, but when I run it in multiplayer and my friends join me I don't even get the "Revive initialized" hint. Anyone have a clue as to why that would be?

Hey Farooq I love this mod. It's lightweight and simple to use!

I'd like to make a request - can you make it so that with option 2 that anyone with either a medkit OR a first aid kit can revive? Or maybe make it so that the first aid kit on a down unit will stop their timer and "stabilize" them?

Love the Scripts Farooq, For me it's the best revive script ! because it does efficiently and simply what it is meant to do : revive action. All others revive scripts adds tons of unneeded stuffs ...

+1

It´s fantastic. Also allows to use support modules without loosing them in a dedicated server if you die.

Hey Farooq I love this mod. It's lightweight and simple to use!

I'd like to make a request - can you make it so that with option 2 that anyone with either a medkit OR a first aid kit can revive? Or maybe make it so that the first aid kit on a down unit will stop their timer and "stabilize" them?

+1 to this - If stabilized then they can only go prone (w/no sprint option) and fire gun but be a little inaccurate until healed by medic with medikit in gear.

If medic not healed within a secondary time limit back to the 'death' screen.

good job to this point ,works very well.

great script!

a question .... you can enter the maximum number of lives? es. life = 4. 4 respawn after you die finished.

Nice job on this. :)

We found a bug:

There is a rare chance that you can drag any object instead of the player which you are trying to get to cover. This is probably due to how you use "cursorTarget".

[cursorTarget] spawn FAR_Drag;

- Instead of cursorTarget you might want to reconsider your usage of "addAction" so you can get "_this select 0" as it is the target of "addAction".

- Or at least filter "cursorTarget" for "Man".

- Or 3rd alternative cache your first cursorTarget which was found and actions were added based upon that.

Funny enough one of us was dragging the model of a whole ruin around. This issue manifested for the "drag" action but probably applies to your other occasions where you use "cursorTarget" as well.

for the bleedout timer, "(random 240)+60" should work? would it choose a number once per map or for every death?

I love the simplicity of the script, everything just works =)

but how can i detect if a person is unconscious? i want to end the mission if everyone is incapacitated.

Escape from Altis does this, check out how it does it?

Try this

{
(_x getVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious",0] == 1)
} count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) == count ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers)

So I modified this a bit.

I added a fourth mode (mode 3). It's similar to mode 2, except it will also accept a FAK. However, if a FAK is used to revive, it will be removed from the player's inventory.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3h76ixp0ff7phvh/Farooq%27s%20Revive.rar

Edited by ProfCupcake
I have now tested it and it works, so I removed the disclaimer.

I made some modifications since the player was set captive/and or couldn't take any damage after commiting suicide (via action menu) or bleeding out.

diff --git a/FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf b/../FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
index f56914c..3f11050 100644
--- a/FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
+++ b/../FAR_revive/FAR_handleAction.sqf
@@ -14,9 +14,6 @@ if (_action == "action_revive") then

if (_action == "action_suicide") then
{
+	player enableSimulation true;
+	player allowDamage true;
+	player setCaptive false;
	player setDamage 1;
};

diff --git a/FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf b/../FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
index b3ca10b..e632e3e 100644
--- a/FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
+++ b/../FAR_revive/FAR_revive_funcs.sqf
@@ -53,58 +53,55 @@ FAR_Player_Unconscious =
		// Player bled out
		if (FAR_BleedOut > 0 && {time > _bleedOut}) then
		{
+			_unit enableSimulation true;
+			_unit allowDamage true;
+			_unit setCaptive false;
			_unit setDamage 1;
			_unit setVariable ["FAR_isUnconscious", 0, true];
			_unit setVariable ["FAR_isDragged", 0, true];

This is a patch file, lines with "+" are added.

Edited by lukrop

My only issue with the revive script was that I was having issues were the A.I would not recognize the player as a threat after he died... I;m guessing there's a setCaptive being called somewhere? I haven't had a look at the script itself yet though.

My only issue with the revive script was that I was having issues were the A.I would not recognize the player as a threat after he died... I;m guessing there's a setCaptive being called somewhere? I haven't had a look at the script itself yet though.

Just look at the post above yours, that's the fix. ;)

Please ¡¡¡ include "lives" in this script is the only we need that this convert the definitive revive script that a lot of comunitys of Arma3 we need at this moment¡¡¡

Thanks a lot¡¡¡

*words*

Yes, I noticed that as well, and I've put in the fix in my modifications as of late. I'm updating the download link above with this fix.

I'm also working on a system whereby you can stabilise someone's bleeding (i.e. stop the countdown) with a FAK, but a Medikit is required to actually revive them. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone too well - the script seems to be failing with no error messages or any indication of anything going wrong (beyond the fact that players just die, instead of going incapacitated). I've proofread it at least 20 times now and honestly can't work out what's wrong. Anyone care to take a look? DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0pvaqhkz324p6b/Farooq%27s%20Revive%20Bleeding%20Edge.rar

*more words*

As well as the above 'stabilise bleeding' option, this has been requested by my squad too, so I'm having a look at what I can do. I'll fix up the above feature before moving onto that, though.

Edited by ProfCupcake
I'm a perfectionist, okay?

Yes, I noticed that as well, and I've put in the fix in my modifications as of late. I'm updating the download link above with this fix.

I'm also working on a system whereby you can stabilise someone's bleeding (i.e. stop the countdown) with a FAK, but a Medikit is required to actually revive them. Unfortunately, it hasn't gone too well - the script seems to be failing with no error messages or any indication of anything going wrong (beyond the fact that players just die, instead of going incapacitated). I've proofread it at least 20 times now and honestly can't work out what's wrong. Anyone care to take a look? DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0pvaqhkz324p6b/Farooq%27s%20Revive%20Bleeding%20Edge.rar

As well as the above 'stabilise bleeding' option, this has been requested by my squad too, so I'm having a look at what I can do. I'll fix up the above feature before moving onto that, though.

?¡?¿?????