FAR Revive

v1.5

A simple revive script that does not rely on respawning. You can use this script even if you have disabled respawn.

Features:

• Revive Modes. 0 = Only medics can revive, 1 = All units can revive, 2 = Same as 1 but a Medikit will be required. 0 is default.
  • Death messages. Teamkills are shown as "x was injured by y"
  • Ability to drag injured units (doesn't require a medic)
  • Suicide option which you can use to respawn (if it's enabled) or just to kill yourself
  • Bleedout. If a timeout is specified and you are not revived within the given time you will bleed out and die. (can be disabled by setting FAR_BleedOut to 0)

Installation:

Copy FAR_Revive folder into your mission folder. Add this to the top of your init.sqf:

call compileFinal preprocessFileLineNumbers "FAR_revive\FAR_revive_init.sqf";

Check FAR_revive_init.sqf if you want to modify the default parameters.

Download:

FAR Revive is now on github.

Download

Edited by farooqaaa
  • Like 1

Is this script basically like the first aid module from ARMA 2? Will fatal shots kill a person anyways instead of leaving them to be revivable and is there a bleedout time as well?

I might add that later but currently you can be revived even after fatal shots.

Would definitely like a version where fatal shots are not revive-able!

• Like 2

^^ then its not a revive script ! What you want is already in the game .. one shot and you are hurt, two and you are dead.

^^ then its not a revive script ! What you want is already in the game .. one shot and you are hurt, two and you are dead.

a second shot is not nessaraly fatal... He means if the second hit is in the leg, why would it be fatal... you just cant walk.... if your hit in the arm .. its not fatal.. you just cant use your arm... and of course your bleeding and in severe pain...

That is NOT in the game...

If however, the second shot is in the head. then well.. yea, you dead FOO..

Bacisally the wounding system now is .. you are a TWO PUMP CHUMP... two hits anywhere and your dead.. I don't like it one bit.

but that's probably a bit much for a revive script that was designed to be lightweight!

Edited by Lordprimate

a second shot is not nessaraly fatal... He means if the second hit is in the leg, why would it be fatal... you just cant walk.... if your hit in the arm .. its not fatal.. you just cant use your arm... and of course your bleeding and in severe pain...

That is NOT in the game...

If however, the second shot is in the head. then well.. yea, you dead FOO..

Bacisally the wounding system now is .. you are a TWO PUMP CHUMP... two hits anywhere and your dead.. I don't like it one bit.

but that's probably a bit much for a revive script that was designed to be lightweight!

Precisely this. Would love for it to happen.

Lovin the simplicity of this script! Is there a way to make ALL units able to revive at all?

Updated to version 1.4a.

New Features:

* Bleedout. If a timeout is specified and you are not revived within the given time you will bleed out and die. (can be disabled by setting FAR_BleedOut to 0)

* Death messages. Teamkills are shown as "x was injured by y"

* Casual mode. If enabled, all units will be able to revive (not just medics)

Edited by farooqaaa

Updated to version 1.4a.

New Features:

* Bleedout. If a timeout is specified and you are not revived within the given time you will bleed out and die. (can be disabled by setting FAR_BleedOut to 0)

* Death messages. Teamkills are shown as "x was injured by y"

* Casual mode. If enabled, all units will be able to revive (not just medics)

Awesome ...

I've been waiting for your script since stopped working when Arma 3 has been updated to the Beta ...

Your script is great because it is extremely clean and easy to set up ...

The revive this working perfectly keep updating as always continue using ...

Thank you!

Thanks for sending us the newest version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice little script that looks easy to implement for an editor noob like myself. Just to clarify, what do you put in the description for respawn and respawn delay if at all? Not sure if it gets over ridden by the description or works with it, any help would be appreciated.

Nice little script that looks easy to implement for an editor noob like myself. Just to clarify, what do you put in the description for respawn and respawn delay if at all? Not sure if it gets over ridden by the description or works with it, any help would be appreciated.

respawn=4; is recommended if you want to have respawn disabled.

Edited by farooqaaa

respawn=4; is recommended if you want to have respawn disabled.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I'm a bit new to all this mission editing stuff.

What if I want to have a respawn at base with a timer?

Would I use in the description:

respawn = base (or 3);

respawn delay = 20;

respawndialog = true;

Will the script still work? In testing I just respawned after 20 seconds with no revive timer or anything. See I'm not sure if your script handles the respawn and timer and whether I need to include them in the description.

Once again thanks for the help. :)

Will the script still work? In testing I just respawned after 20 seconds with no revive timer or anything. See I'm not sure if your script handles the respawn and timer and whether I need to include them in the description.

Yes, it will work. You can use the default respawn button or the "Suicide" action to respawn.

First of all let me thank you for a lightweight and useful script.

One thing I quickly noticed is that the script removes ragdolling when people are killed/knocked unconscious. It also seem to remove blood etc.

I put a few AI in a small circle and put a satchel charge in the middle, then blew them up and watched in slow motion.

They just stand in the air and look sort of silly.

Is that easily fixable perhaps?

And as other people have mentioned before, it would be nice if being blown up by a satchel or shot in the head was actually fatal.

Great work so far, hoping for further improvements!

One thing I quickly noticed is that the script removes ragdolling when people are killed/knocked unconscious.

It doesn't remove ragdolling but it prevents it from happening so you never die and instead become unconscious. AFAIK, it's not possible to turn a player into a ragdoll while he's still alive.

It also seem to remove blood etc.

This can be easily enabled but I disabled it because otherwise players will get a "Treat" option which isn't needed.

And as other people have mentioned before, it would be nice if being blown up by a satchel or shot in the head was actually fatal.

I am working on that.

really loving this script. simple clean approach. i especially love the black out when you get shot. kinda immersive. about the following...

It doesn't remove ragdolling but it prevents it from happening so you never die and instead become unconscious. AFAIK, it's not possible to turn a player into a ragdoll while he's still alive.

you could do what other scripts do and teleport the player to where he died instead of preventing death overall. this would enable ragdoll again and would maybe make it easier handling different wounding stages.

anyways. awesome job. i use this regularily now with my buddies. no problems so far. keep it up!

Hi, this script is very nice. Nothing extra and we can use default respawn module along with it. I am a fan and I am using this all the time.

It would be nice if the amount of time needed can be adjusted with the config variable. Like instead of 6 seconds, you can set it to 30 seconds for a medic to work on the patient before he gets back up.

Also it would be nice if medic kit is required to revive somebody if the casual mode is on.

Anyway thanks for sharing this elegant approach to revive.

Updated to 1.4d.

New:

* [NEW] Revive Modes. 0 = Only medics can revive, 1 = All units can revive, 2 = Same as 1 but a Medikit will be required

* [Fixed] Random black screens

* [Fixed] People dying randomly

* Code improvements

Also it would be nice if medic kit is required to revive somebody if the casual mode is on.

CasualMode is now replaced with ReviveMode. You can set to 2 to allow all units with a medikit to revive

Thanks for sending us your newest version :cool:

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I'm relatively new to editing but I have your script in my init.sqf and it says that it is initialized but I am unable to drag or revive my teammates, any pointers for a beginner? Thanks!

Are you on stable build? I tried to use this in Dev build. A pilot who was flying crashed but his plane did not blow up. Whenever he is inside he goes unconscious but his plane was like invincible (tested several times). May be I will try again in stable version. Anyway just a heads up.