fred41

Arma Server Monitor (very small, but useful)

nevermind

Edited by PAL-18

minor fix:

changed library name for callextension commands in fn_ASM.fsm to lowercase (thx Killswitch for hint :) )

minor fix:

changed library name for callextension commands in fn_ASM.fsm to lowercase (thx Killswitch for hint :) )

And here's the reason for that change: Arma Server Monitor for Linux

Edited by Killswitch

And here's the reason for that change: Arma Server Monitor for Linux

... WOW and thanks, this are really good news, time to move to linux :)

I will add your link to the initial post of this thread.

Greets,

Fred41

Just to clarify A2 mode is for Arma 2 Servers? I tried getting this working but I get an error "Addon 'asm' requires addon 'A3_Functions_F'"

@pegruder,

ASM is using some features not available in A2, for example the 'preinit' autostart methode doesn't work for A2.

But there is a way, to use ASM in A2 too, by 'manually' start 'fn_asm.fsm' from init.sqf in your mission (see my post from Jul 4 2014).

@pegruder,

ASM is using some features not available in A2, for example the 'preinit' autostart methode doesn't work for A2.

But there is a way, to use ASM in A2 too, by 'manually' start 'fn_asm.fsm' from init.sqf in your mission (see my post from Jul 4 2014).

This still didn't seem to work for me. I got the same error starting the server and the ASM app doesn't seem to show any data.

See my earlier post about using ASM under A2.

Here

But it boils down to three important things.

mission init needs:

if (isServer) then {[] execFSM "fn_ASM.fsm";};

fn_asm.fsm needs one line changing to the following:

"_output = ""ASMdll"" callExtension format [""9:%1"", 'xxx'];" \n

Finally you need the msvcr100.dll from your A3 directory in the A2 directory.

@pegruder,

i forgot to mention, that you dont need the '-mod=@ASM', because autostart doesn't work for A2.

Just copy the 'ASMdll.dll' in A2 root, pack 'fn_asm.fsm' in your mission (rootfolder) and use this line:

if (isServer) then { ["MyProfileName"] execFSM  "fn_ASM.fsm" };

in missions 'init.sqf' to launch the 'fn_ASM.fsm' at mission start.

(you have to do this for each mission you want to monitor on your A2 server)

ASM starts to monitor at mission start, not at arma start.

@Cyruz,

thanks for helping out.

Modifying the .fsm is no longer nessecary for A2, since the last update.

You can/must now define your prefered profilename in the param-array for .fsm.

Greets,

Fred41

I have this installed and working, I dragged the pbo into the a3\addons folder - one thing I am noticing is that it will cause the server exe to stop responding when the server is taskkilled. Is this a common issue? As this prevents me from rebooting the server through a batch file!

This is a very useful tool! It would be good if I could zoom in on the chart as sometimes it is very crowded. Also, if I could select a value at it would be highlighted, like if I was in windows perfmon.

@ToejaM,

this behavoir could be be related to a known API monitoring issue (NTI value),

that may occure, if clients are still connected at server shutdown/restart.

Try 'enableAPImonitoring=0' in asm.ini, to disable this feature completly.

@SGTGunner,

UI design/implementation is not really my strong side ...

... but, you can disable all unwanted graphs by RMB over history area and uncheck in the popup menu.

Did you try the 'bold mode' for vertical stretching (-b commandline switch)?

For more details/options see the readme.md description in asm github repository.

Greets,

Fred41

Thanks, I did not see the 'Bold Mode' I will take a look at that.

Cheers,

-SGTGunner

I was playing with the settings today and set the window to be transparent. I can't find how to set it back now, since whenever I right click inside the asm program window the system thinks I'm right clicking in Windows. I can't find any relevant settings in the ini file or in user temp files or anything. Help!

I was playing with the settings today and set the window to be transparent. I can't find how to set it back now, since whenever I right click inside the asm program window the system thinks I'm right clicking in Windows. I can't find any relevant settings in the ini file or in user temp files or anything. Help!

I`ve had the same :D

Left click around the CPS etc text to highlight the window then right click at the same spot to open the menu to deselect transparency.

Edited by eRazeri

I have this installed and working, I dragged the pbo into the a3\addons folder - one thing I am noticing is that it will cause the server exe to stop responding when the server is taskkilled. Is this a common issue? As this prevents me from rebooting the server through a batch file!

Can't you just kill the armaservermonitor.exe aswell? I have it this same way and it works for me.

Where do I get a bisign file to be able to use the asm.pbo with a headlessclient? Do I have to sign it myself?

Ok thanks. So I tried that, got everything in place in the /addons folder but still the HC got kicked because of an unsigned asm.pbo :/

--EDIT--

Had to unpack and repack the PBO for this to work.

Edited by LouD

@ToejaM,

this behavoir could be be related to a known API monitoring issue (NTI value),

that may occure, if clients are still connected at server shutdown/restart.

Try 'enableAPImonitoring=0' in asm.ini, to disable this feature completly.

@SGTGunner,

UI design/implementation is not really my strong side ...

... but, you can disable all unwanted graphs by RMB over history area and uncheck in the popup menu.

Did you try the 'bold mode' for vertical stretching (-b commandline switch)?

For more details/options see the readme.md description in asm github repository.

Greets,

Fred41

Disabling API Monitoring fixed the crashing that I was experiencing. It kept giving a Data Execution Prevention warning when the A3 server process would close, both with a #shutdown command through BEC and also when using Taskkill. Seems to be running well now.

How do I prevent the server and headless client wanting to show statistics in the same window/column in ASM? This makes the graphs go all over the place.

When I let the HC start 30-60 later then the server this does not occur. I do not want to turn off api monitoring as I use these graphs for indication.

How do I prevent the server and headless client wanting to show statistics in the same window/column in ASM? This makes the graphs go all over the place.

When I let the HC start 30-60 later then the server this does not occur. I do not want to turn off api monitoring as I use these graphs for indication.

Fred needs to update fsm and either add option to quit if (!isdedicated) or provide option to have either or both.

Fred needs to update fsm and either add option to quit if (!isdedicated) or provide option to have either or both.

Yea I monitor both the server and the HC, so maybe make it detect the HC better?

@Loud,

i think you mean, that two instances (server + HC) are using the same slot (row), which results in mixed data in graph?

If so, the most safe way, is to preselect a slot per instance, via a numeric prefix in your profilename (commandline param '-name' of arma3.exe or arma3server.exe).

examples:

-name=00MyProfileName (slot 0)

-name=01MyProfileName (slot 1)

You may also try todays smal update, where i have tightened some timings in 'asmdll.dll' to adapt for very low fps conditions. Perhaps this may help too.

Hi Fred,

Quick question... can objectcountcommand0 handle and display non integers?