fred41

Arma Server Monitor (very small, but useful)

The large fonts etc "-b" on my screen makes all the text disappear from the window. Also transparency makes the menu to go transparent i can't make it nontransparent again.

asm_screenshot.png

Edit. I found a small section where the menu came up and got the transparency to go away

The large fonts etc "-b" on my screen makes all the text disappear from the window.

... you are running more then one ASM instances in server mode simultanous on the same system, that makes no sense and results in some resource conflicts ...

ASM is able to monitor up to 4 arma server instances simultanous, while running only ONE ASM instance in server mode.

As you already found out, switching back from tranparency mode is only possible by hitting a non transparent area in the ASM window :)

Greets,

Fred41

UPDATE:

- added new API values NTI & NTO (Network Traffic In/Outcoming) in kByte/s

- added new API value DIR (DIsc Read) in kByte/s

- MEM value is now available in history graph too

- some little fixes/rearangements

The 3 new API values have to be scaled for optimal displaying in the history graph.

As initial scale, i selected a range of [0 .. 2500] kByte/s, lets see how it works on full servers.

Just let me know your suggestions if the scale doesn't fit for you.

Greets,

Fred41

Since the latest patch, ASM doesn't pick up on my Headless client. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

Since the latest patch, ASM doesn't pick up on my Headless client. Is this possible or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the latest version and it sees my hc just fine. My hc is on the same pc as my ds.

- added new API values NTI & NTO (Network Traffic In/Outcoming) in kByte/s

can you increase (or let configurable) the maximum for NTO? because I'm often stuck at max on the graph (I often use 4000-5000).

thx for this great tool

Hi,

When adding -mod=@ASM to my Headless client he got kicked off my dedicated server.

Any idea?

can you increase (or let configurable) the maximum for NTO? because I'm often stuck at max on the graph (I often use 4000-5000).

thx for this great tool

... just now updated to 0..5000 kByte/s for NTI/NTO/DIR ...

Additional, this values are now sampled each second (4 seconds before).

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

... indeed it is possible, but it shouldn't happen ...

Do you get any error message or does ASM just not displaying the expected data?

minor fix:

AIR showed sometimes strange values like '65535'.

Reworked units calculations (fn_ASM.fsm) should fix this behavoir.

Only ASM.pbo have to be replaced this time.

Edited by Fred41

finally got Headless clients working, but can't get ASM to report on it. Adding -mod=@ASM to the HC startup causes it to be kicked by the server (I signed the pbo and added it to my serverkeys)

Any ideas? (I'm using a version of ASM from a few weeks ago)

just place the asm.pbo and bisign file into \Addons\

finally got Headless clients working, but can't get ASM to report on it. Adding -mod=@ASM to the HC startup causes it to be kicked by the server (I signed the pbo and added it to my serverkeys)

Any ideas? (I'm using a version of ASM from a few weeks ago)

Is the problem solved with dwardens solution?

No, didn't :(

I'll grab the latest version and re-sign it (assume you've not signed it yourself?) - and try again.

No, didn't :(

I'll grab the latest version and re-sign it (assume you've not signed it yourself?) - and try again.

Is there a more detailed description for the HC kick reason?

I will upload a new version of ASMdll.dll for testing.

With this version you can disable the new API monitoring feature, by inserting/changing the following entry in asm.ini:

enableAPImonitoring=0

Just in case BattleEye has a problem with API monitoring, this could/should help.

Please let me know how it works.

Edited by Fred41

just place the asm.pbo and bisign file into \Addons\

Working for me

UPDATE: The issue is with the signing of the mod. If I turn off V2 sig checking, the HC connects OK and shows stats. With sig checking on, the server kicks the HC.

So I guess it's not an ASM issue, it's my signing of the PBO or my server key. Odd, as I've signed other mod pbo's before and they get accepted by my server.

Upgraded to 1.31 and ASM is no longer seeing my headless client. :(

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

Update to the above comment.

Although ASM is showing only a single instance, that instance is switching between the server and the HC on a roughly 10 second cycle. I have a bunch of AI in the mission, spawned on the server (I accidentally didn't put them on the HC) and the figure counting them , about 110 is switching between AIL and AIR. So either these units are switching locality, or ASM is reading both server and client into one graph. My money is on the latter.

@Tankbuster, thanks for your report.

I had to add a 'alive' check in this latest version, because crashed arma server instances can left behind orphaned slots.

It is possible that the used mechanism fails in some specific situations. I have the following questions:

1. is this problem always or just some times?

2. are all other values switching between this two instances too, or only AIR/AIL?

Greets,

Fred41

It's been happening since we upgraded to 1.31

I *think* CPS and FPS are switching too, MEM certainly is. NTI and NTO, I'm not sure - hard to say.

armaservermonitorcao9r.png

Is this normal? We had in this mission the problem that all players have 10-12 FPS more while standing around then while moving. Its horrible, we dont know where this come from. Same problem we have in the newest Patrol Ops 3.1 but is this Arma3 releated, server related or.. ??

@Tankbuster, ok thanks, i will look into it.

@Numrollen, there are many possible reasons, that can cause problems, like low client FPS.

The periodical CPS decreases, shown in your screenshot, are most likely caused by mission (scheduled scripts load), but that should not impact clients FPS directly.

(could you please post screenshots with the full color resolution, that would make it easier to read all details)

Greets,

Fred41

you need to click above the picture to see it full size. we run with mcc (gaia)

you need to click above the picture to see it full size. we run with mcc (gaia)

... i meant color depth (24bit), because ASM uses very subtil color differences ...

... i meant color depth (24bit), because ASM uses very subtil color differences ...

On this subject - I often only use the FPS and CPS in the history pane, but as they are a similar colour, it's hard to tell them apart. Could they be given more different colours, or perhaps even user customisable colours?