fred41

Arma Server Monitor (very small, but useful)

@Hurtz72,

probably there is a process consuming some cpu cycles on your 45FPS server.

Open taskmanager->processses and click tab CPU to sort for cpu load, to find out what process the problem causes.

BTW: To exclude ASM as a possible source of your FPS loss, why not just remove it for comparing?

Fred, yes I removed ASM and still have the problem. Can't see any processes hogging resources.

Hello.

Can I use this addon for ArmA 2 or DayZ?

Hello Boevik,

it is tested with arma 3 only and the preInit = 1 command is only available in a3 (afaik).

If you are able to insert the fn_ASM.fsm in your missions init.sqf, then it should work in A2 too (for that prepared mission).

If you ask for DayZ standalone alpha, i really don't know.

Greetz,

Fred41

Can confirm it can work for A2 and modded versions of A2 (so likely DayZ mod versions). Fred gave me the init line to use earlier in this thread.

AFAIK you can't host your own DayZ standalone servers yet anyway, they need to be hosted by one of the 5 or 6 approved hosts. Bet it would work though.

sometimes, number of alive server remote AI units (AIR) is stuck on 65000. Is this tool bug or a mission problem?

Would it be possible for the PID to display in Decimal if hovered over, or instead of Hex?

The times I've had to kill a rogue game process and looked in TaskManager, I've had to go look up a Hex to Decimal converter website to find out which process to kill each time!

@havena, that should not occure, at least if you use ASM for A3 and if you installed ASM correctly.

Maybe you try a whole new install from github repository (see readme.md for details).

@zach72, a few weeks ago, i removed this PID value completly, just to make room for the new custom object counters (OC0..2).

But your point is a good point, let me see how i can reintegrate PID value in two different variants (decimal and hex), maybe as 'hint'.

Greets,

Fred41

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

small update, added a little hint for current PID (process ID) of server instance (hoover over profileName string value to show)

Edited by Fred41

Fred, there is a typo in your first post:

20.01.2013 added a little hint for current PID (process ID) of server instance (hoover over profileName string value to show)

Fred, there is a typo in your first post:

... thanks, located and fixed just now :)

I've a problem, may be i'm stupid but I've swhitch the transparency ON and I can't switch it off. How can I fix it ?

I've a problem, may be i'm stupid but I've swhitch the transparency ON and I can't switch it off. How can I fix it ?

just rightclick anywhere where the graphics element from ASM is (e.g. middle of the colum bar)

just rightclick anywhere where the graphics element from ASM is (e.g. middle of the colum bar)

Thank you, it works fine !

minor update:

- added vertical gridlines, for each 60 pixel/seconds, for more intuitive time aproximation

- added hints to most of variable fields, to help new users understanding meanings of fields

- changed the width of history windows from 800 to 600 pixel (scales to exactly 10 minutes now) and supports smaller monitors

would be possible get variable width size, i don't like it being smaller ;( and in fact i would like to utilize whole screen width

would be possible get variable width size, i don't like it being smaller ;( and in fact i would like to utilize whole screen width

... you shouldn't be unhappy ;)

UPDATE:

Added a -wwidth param (for commandline), to set the horizontal number of pixels/samples for historygraph.

For best scaling, use a multiple of 300 for this width value.

usage example:

ArmaServerMonitor.exe -server -n2 -lASMlog -t2 -w1200

And now dwarden, don't forget our deal, i think at least stable 50 FPS in all MP situations, would be appropriate :cool:

Edited by Fred41

gj, now what's missing is :

1. LMB click on the graph where the vertical line under curcor pointer will return values of each graph line (just like MSI Afterburner graphs do)

2. zoom on the history

gj, now what's missing is :

1. LMB click on the graph where the vertical line under curcor pointer will return values of each graph line (just like MSI Afterburner graphs do)

2. zoom on the history

... when is your birthday :P

minor update:

different shades of gray used for gridlines in history graph, for better approximation of time and values

... there is already a very long queue for OS's, ASM should support, but at first place is IOS,

Any update on this part of the project?

soooo....I've noticed a few weird things lately on my server's ASM. I've been messing about with a LOT of mods (30+) including some heavy ones (Alive, MCC, Xmed) and the FPS was grinding to a halt.....and noticed that also the AIL, AIR were counting up like there was no tomorrow. (I don't have any remote, headless AI) And when I joined the server, the player count doubled every minute or so!

So I went back to look at my simple Domination, barely any mods, and the AIL and AIR were rocketing up there too. but no player showed when I logged in.

I figured the last download I did of ASM a few weeks ago may have been installed wrong, so I deleted all reference, went off to the GitHub and downloaded it again.

Now it only shows me server name and map name, nothing else! Think I may have installed it wrong, but I've done it several times before no problem.

Copied asm.ini and ASMdll.dll to game folder (Arma 3 Server)

Copied @ASM to addons subfolder (so it always loads)

Copied everything in all the sub-folders of ASM-master.zip (besides the addon folder) into an "ArmaServerMonitor" folder to run the Server Monitor from.

(put them all in one folder)

Copied the asm.ini and ASMdll.dll into the "ArmaServerMonitor" folder for good measure.

Fire up 2 servers. Join one and see it's name and mission appear. Log out and join the other, to see this one's name and mission overwrite the one from the first server (that was still running)

I think I've done something wrong somewhere - any words of advise?

@Tankbuster, i am sorry i have to tell you, this idea has not much chances to be real.

My son has left arma weeks ago and this 'smart device' idea was planned to teach him a bit coding, while having fun with iPod :/

@Zach72, this sounds misterious.

I assume you know that @ASM consist of 3 essential components:

1. fn_ASM.fsm (included in ASM.pbo, 'addons' folder or '@ASM\addons' folder)

2. ASM.dll (+asm.ini, a3 root dir)

3. ArmaServerMonitor.exe (can run from everywhere)

This 3 components are exchanging data in a specific format and therefore they must 100% of same version (preferable the latest and most advanced).

To ensure this, the best way to update is updating all files together, otherwise you will have strange data displayed.

Did you shutdown all arma instances, while replacing the .dll?

Thanks for the quick reply Fred.

So ArmaServerMonitor.exe doesn't need any other files with it to run? Just the ASM.dll and asm.ini in the game root, and the @ASM loaded by the game?

What are all the other files in the package for? The DllTest, DLL folder and FSM folder? Not needed by end user?

Yes, I shut down all game instances before deleting all relevant files and copying in the new ones. I will try again to be sure.

More surprisingly, when I deleted ASM and failed to get the new version running again, the complex 30+mod mission stopped dropping to 1-5fps and now stays at around 30fps even when I'm aggressively spawning stuff in. Something was seriously afoot with my last install!

I'll probably sleep on it (as I've been up 30+ hours now!) and have another look tomorrow, and will update here my discoveries!

So ArmaServerMonitor.exe doesn't need any other files with it to run? Just the ASM.dll and asm.ini in the game root, and the @ASM loaded by the game?

... exactly ...

What are all the other files in the package for? The DllTest, DLL folder and FSM folder? Not needed by end user?

DllTest.exe is a little tool to simulate arma sending data via ASMdll.dll. It is for testing data flow and output only.

DLL and FSM folder are containing the 'source' files, just in case you want to code something similiar to ASM and have no clue how to start :)

Hmm. Everything fresh from the download from GitHub. Even rebooted server. Only one server/mission shows on first 2 lines at a time. No stats :(

Monitor running as administrator.............

Aaaaaaaaand I've fixed it.

Remember I said 30 hours no sleep? No excuse!

So, last time I upgraded (and this time) I just dumped the @ASM folder in the Addons folder like a true heathen, instead of putting the .pbo in the Addons folder.

Hence I've been using an older .pbo that caused the weird responses in my earlier post (I assume).

Sorry to trouble you. I'll now go away and think about what I've done (and hopefully sleep at last!)

minor update:

for all users with old/bad eyes (like me) or with large monitors, you can now add -b to the command line.

The usage of -b param results in:

- larger font size for variable fields

- bolder graph lines in history view

- more 'high' for user interface used per instance