Sign in to follow this  
wowanno

Steam Combined Operations BETA Dedicated Server with Server-Side mods

After spending 3 days searching these forums, reading through Wikis, Readme's and god knows what not, I finally decided to give up and ask for help here.

I am studying java programming, .net, databases and have been doing quite a bit of SQF tinkering with things here and there. I am not new to Arma, been with it since day one.

I need help with adding server-side mods, specifically Arma2NET and CBA. How hard can it be, you place the mod folders into your Arma root directory, place the signature keys into the Keys folder and launch the server with:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@Arma2NET

In my case, the Arma Root folder where I placed the addons is located here: "E:\IGRE\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead".

This does not work. For some reason, when trying to connect to the server with NO MODS client, this makes the server loop the infamous "mission read from bank" message and the RPT log file gets spammed with this:

14:02:03 Missing addons detected:
14:02:03   cawater2_destroyer
14:02:03   caweapons_ammoboxes
14:02:03 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cawater2_destroyer, caweapons_ammoboxes

The same thing happens if I launch the server with only @Arma2NET.

These are server-side mods and clients do not need to run them in order to connect.

The mission is a clean basic mission which does not require any MOD content.

The mission runs perfectly fine when I launch the server without any MOD parameters.

I tested launching the server using -mod=BLAHBLAH (non-existing mod, just to see what happens) and the server returns the same error in RPT:

14:02:03 Missing addons detected:
14:02:03   cawater2_destroyer
14:02:03   caweapons_ammoboxes
14:02:03 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cawater2_destroyer, caweapons_ammoboxes

I also tested launching the server with and without "-mod=expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion" parameter.

Why is the server refusing connections in this way? Does this have something to do with Steam? I have Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and I have run single-player missions at least once.

My guess (from that missing addons error) is that you are not launching Arma as Combined Operations... I believe both those addons are from Arma 2 which tells me that you are running Operation Arrowhead only. I think with Steam you need to launch each game once (or did that change last patch?) but from your post it seems you've done that already.

Solved this by buying Arma 2 CO directly from BI. I've had enough of Steam and complications which come with it.