Sign in to follow this  
Hulahuga

Escape From Chernarus - HulaZone

Aight, PVP spawn/respawn seems to be working perfectly. Also did a minor tweak to correct the ammo type for the extremely hard to find police shield.

I do however need your help now, and will be releasing a PVP testbuild, to test it out, as I need more players in on the server to properly test out the new mechanics (join in progress as Spetsnaz among them) =).

If you are willing and able give me a shout!

Also, don't fear, I will retain co-op only as an option ;).

Edit: PVP-Testbuild has been uploaded now as a separate mission file download.

Edit 2:

Changelog for the testbuild:

PVP mode (still alpha)! (To make things even more difficult, an optionable Spetsnaz player team has been added, with the goal of hunting down the escapees).

Setting the viewdistance is now properly applied and confirmed working.

Fast ropes should now be working properly.

A lot of new vehicles, coupled with balanced vehicle spawns throughout the map.

Some new enemy types, as well as proper balancing.

Giant spreadsheet for the units and vehicles added to the dev-dashboard, enabling a lot faster changes and better balancing.

M9 mags now spawn with the very hard to find police shield instead of Makarov.

To do/In progress:

Win/lose condition for the PVP (works for co-op though).

Briefing for the Spetsnaz team.

Starting ammo depot, courtesy of the Chedaki, for the Spetsnaz.

Variation of the starting vehicles for the Spetsnaz.

Location reports of the fugitives (either fading markers or radio messages).

Edited by Hulahuga

I seem to be having an issue with the large downloaded rar. I have the community addons enabled in expansions, I am launching with the beta, I have the escapefrom.pbo enabled however I get two error related to the Vilas weapons pack.

bin\config.bin/cfgmagazines.30.rnd.9x19.vitayzsn_tracer which occurs as soon as I load into arma at the main menu.

bin\config.bin/cfgmods/vilas_rw_forces_co.dir which occurs when I select the menu expansion. I am not able to enable the Vilas weapons pack at the expansions screen. Both the error are "no entry"

For some reason there are two community expansions which I am able to enable on the menu. Not sure if that would effect it.

Cfg errors are a known issue inherent to the addons, however they don't matter, you can still play the mission with all the content, just click ok. Regarding the two expansions I have no clue as to why and haven't seen it before, use both? The Vilas you don't have to enable, just use cba and escape and you are fine :-)

Cfg errors are a known issue inherent to the addons, however they don't matter, you can still play the mission with all the content, just click ok. Regarding the two expansions I have no clue as to why and haven't seen it before, use both? The Vilas you don't have to enable, just use cba and escape and you are fine :-)

Strangely even though I do not have the @cba in my folder I can still enable it. It must been installed somwehere else. I do get errors in game when it starts, I can not recall what they are. Same deal cfg errors. Mod is awesome. Question my buddies and I have is if we all play as the Opfor in the .5 version do the captives spawn? I assume they do not.

Strangely even though I do not have the @cba in my folder I can still enable it. It must been installed somwehere else. I do get errors in game when it starts, I can not recall what they are. Same deal cfg errors. Mod is awesome. Question my buddies and I have is if we all play as the Opfor in the .5 version do the captives spawn? I assume they do not.

You might have it installed in your documents folder :).

Both bluefor and opfor (as in Spetsnaz) units can only be played by human players :)

If you want to you guys could join me and some pals in trying out the pvp, we need more people to do a proper test...

You might have it installed in your documents folder :).

Both bluefor and opfor (as in Spetsnaz) units can only be played by human players :)

If you want to you guys could join me and some pals in trying out the pvp, we need more people to do a proper test...

Best way to reach you? Steam?

Skype would be best probably. Same name there ;-)

Still observing this thread, Hula! Enjoying it though I must say, as a single player I never escaped Chernarus ... always died before :D

Still observing this thread, Hula! Enjoying it though I must say, as a single player I never escaped Chernarus ... always died before :D

Thanks man =). So have you survived yet? Also, do you save when playing single-player?

Have a test coming up the 13th, will probably be able to put some more time into it then. What I would really like to come out of this now are some let's plays so that I can actually see how others play it and what they like or not... Seen some streams though, and a couple of youtube vids :)

No I tried some kind of hardcore mode, no saves ... I must say there is a lot of love for Chernarus so I do not mind to restart and not reaching the extraction point. Will try hard :)

No I tried some kind of hardcore mode, no saves ... I must say there is a lot of love for Chernarus so I do not mind to restart and not reaching the extraction point. Will try hard :)

Haha, all right :). Good to hear!

Btw, a lot of good balancing is on its way for the 0.5!

Expansion of content for all play-styles is also on its way after that update is finished.

Hi Hulahuga,

Great stuff, really enjoying this mission. So big thanks

Curious if you intend to update with a 'version 0.50'?

Key feedback which may be of some value (generally 3-4 players):

> Aircraft availability is great. Really makes for some fun moments. We find that the north-east and south-west airfields are pretty lightly defended however (maybe inconsistent with the hardware available there). Perhaps add an APC or something as a 'roving guard dog'?

> When transiting map in an aircraft generally find AA light, except for the main airport which is heavy (due to fixed and mobile defences). Potentially buff a few random manpad emplacements? Or add to ammo dump / comm centres

> Spawning attack chopper (Hokum?). Awesome when this appears. Is it random however? Generally encounter it 1 out of ~6 or so play throughs. If often disengages early also.

> General level of ambient & civilian adds a lot to the atmosphere

> Wondering if when completing the comm centre hack there is any triggers to spawn enemies? Perhaps would be cool if that triggered a stack of units around the base randomly, with perhaps an attack chopper routed to the comm centre.

> Would be cool if the odd opfor jet did a patrol of the map, with 'fire at will 'orders of course

> When waiting for the boats, or getting close, could be cool if randomly spawned some kind of chase or enemies in the area. We generally find after clearing the map the last ~2-3km to the end waypoint is vacant and we can wait 'unmolestered'.

Awesome stuff however, cheers

Sorry to raise this from the dead but,

My friends and I have been playing this fairly frequently for the last six months. Over the past month or so we've been adding new weapons/units/vehicles, fixing some bugs, breaking some other things :p

Wondering if Hulahuga would approve of an eventual public release?

Sorry to raise this from the dead but,

My friends and I have been playing this fairly frequently for the last six months. Over the past month or so we've been adding new weapons/units/vehicles, fixing some bugs, breaking some other things :p

Wondering if Hulahuga would approve of an eventual public release?

Hey man!

Good to hear it is still being played haha :D. Feels really quite valuable then. Have you tried the PvP mode to any extent?

Well my project started as a fork, and it seems like you are going for solid. I don't mind, as long as the mention is clear that you have used my mod as a base-plate :). I wish you luck, and make sure to keep me updated, I would love to see what you do with it!

All the best,

Hula

Also, @ArmedPuncher - . Sorry for not getting around to answer you, but I always valued your post. The feedback is solid, and I agree on most of the points (jet might be too random and punishing though), they would up the ante quite a bit!

I got the search heli working today, It was something stupid that got changed in the mission.sqm that I believe was an accident. I changed it from Mi17_INS to UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1 to give players the option to try to fight the heli earlier in the escape with smaller arms. Player skins have been changed, and the spotter class has been changed accordingly (the skin may change again, this is the second time I've changed it any I may or may not be happy, idk.) I've added ~20 new enemy units, I've been trying to give them interesting primary / secondary weapons, but editing the configs for units can be time consuming with all the packing / unpacking involved.

As for weapons I currently have Robert Hammer's pistol pack, and Slatts' AUG pack (texture missing on the M203 mount?) next for weapons will probably be an expansion of the available SMGs. I really want to go through all the weapons and remove the ones with broken optics, I know there are probably 10-15 like this. This seems like a fairly tedious job, which is why I haven't done it yet, but I wont be pleased until it's taken care of. The Vityaz_sn has been removed, not only did it throw an annoying error everytime the mod is launched, but if the ammo spawned, and someone looked at it in the gear menu each client would randomly crash within 20 mins, every time. Strangest bug I've ever seen.

Here's a question directly for Hulahuga:

MON_surrended.sqf is referenced at;

//Adding eventhandlers
"KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[east] execvm "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};
"KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[west] execvm "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};
"KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDED" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (_this select 1) then { nul=[resistance] execvm "scripts\UPSMON\MON_surrended.sqf";};};
"MON_LOCAL_EXEC" addPublicVariableEventHandler { if (local ((_this select 1)select 0)) then {
	call ( compile format[(_this select 1)select 1,(_this select 1)select 0] );
	};
};

In file: init_UPSMON.sqf

However, the file is missing. Was this intentional? Can I just remove the above chunk of code? It's throwing an error every time we play looking for this file.

Edited by dj3hac
I went advanced

@dj3hac - Be vary when you add weapons if you want to retain the balance btw. That was actually one of the considerations that took the most time from my part (big spreadsheets and statistical analysis).

For the MON_surrendered. That was actually code put in by Engima, but yes, that is a legacy from UPSMON, which I really wouldn't say is needed anymore. Try commenting it out with /* */ for backup purposes.