If anyone else is wondering why some addon pistol sounds/recoils don't work, it seems as if all of the sound information now has to be included under the child class

class Single: Mode_SemiAuto {

class BaseSoundModeType {};

class StandardSound: BaseSoundModeType {}

etc

If it's outside of that, it doesn't seem to work, so adjust those configs appropriately.

Edited by Pd3

If anyone else is wondering why some addon pistol sounds/recoils don't work, it seems as if all of the sound information now has to be included under the child class

If it's outside of that, it doesn't seem to work, so adjust those configs appropriately.

Yes ,because of this change - 90% of the config is borked , now i can have rewrite the config to fix it - oh the joy ...

I'm not finding that to be true on my end, I just decided to experiment and for some reason, some guns work with custom recoils, and some do not.

RH_pistolbase_auto works for me for some reason, yet recoil_pistol_heavy, a default BI recoil does not!

Very peculiar, if it is determined why this is happening, I'd like to know for my own personal understanding.

Not to mention that some addon weapon sounds simply don't work, which is doubly strange.

Ah you might be right they also moved recoil away from firemodes and into the weapon itself (which frankly feels like a step back)

Ah you might be right they also moved recoil away from firemodes and into the weapon itself (which frankly feels like a step back)

I don't know... I prefer the new system. It's much easier to understand and configure, and it's now impossible to make mistakes that create inconsistencies in recoil between semi and full auto, which was pretty common before, even in vanilla content.

I think its a better way to implement it to be honest. It certainly aids people who are writing configs (not so much those who have already written said configs and now have to re-do them - I feel your pain RH, I was in your shoes a few months back when the new recoils hit devbranch and I began updating my addons). It allows weapons with a common superclass to have completely different recoil values without having to (re)define firing modes, sounds etc. if all you're changing is barrel length or some such. Certainly not a step back...

I don't know... I prefer the new system. It's much easier to understand and configure, and it's now impossible to make mistakes that create inconsistencies in recoil between semi and full auto, which was pretty common before, even in vanilla content.

The main issue I have with it is it makes it harder to do AN-94 style '2 round burst' stuff. But I guess with a high enough ROF and the new recoil system that shouldn't be an issue anyway

Config fix For A3 1.42 game version > http://www.mediafire.com/download/93...42configfix.7z

There might be some issues and maybe it will sound weird because it uses BIS default Sound tails

If you get some Bisign mismatch with the old RHI.bikey , keep the old RHI.key but rename the new RHI.bikey to RHI2.bikey to solve this problem

Edited by RobertHammer

I have updated the main Armaholic RH Pistol pack archive with your config fix and for those who prefer to not download the whole pack again the small config fix is also seperatly available on our downloadpage :)

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the update and for the mod! I'm using the pistol pack since I started to play modded A3 and I could always trust in this sidearms. There is just one request I wan't to make. Is there any way to add a laserpointer to the mod? I realy enjoy it that there are some hq-attachments to customize the pistols (especially the USP's), and a laserpointer would be simply awesome. It looks like the Insight X2 got a laserpointer under the flashlight, is it working somehow?

Also... I know, it's just a modified USP, but are there any plans for a SOCOM Mk23? Thanks again for your pack and your updates.

Thanks for the update and for the mod! I'm using the pistol pack since I started to play modded A3 and I could always trust in this sidearms. There is just one request I wan't to make. Is there any way to add a laserpointer to the mod? I realy enjoy it that there are some hq-attachments to customize the pistols (especially the USP's), and a laserpointer would be simply awesome. It looks like the Insight X2 got a laserpointer under the flashlight, is it working somehow?

Also... I know, it's just a modified USP, but are there any plans for a SOCOM Mk23? Thanks again for your pack and your updates.

I would love to use lasers ,but you might know the A3 doesn't support visible lasers (i still don't get why the BIS didn't used whole vbs2 laser tech which been borrowed from vbs2)

only IR laser and flashlight can be used + there's another problem - that you can't switch between IR laser and Flashlight , most of modern laser units does have a flashlight with visible and IR laser too

this can't be done in A3 at the moment > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4770 , http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16445 and http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4771

about Mk23 maybe , i will look into that

Edited by RobertHammer

Hello;

Foxhound, the link to the "patch-only" version doesn't work.

I would love to use lasers ,but you might know the A3 doesn't support visible lasers (i still don't get why the BIS didn't used whole vbs2 laser tech which been borrowed from vbs2)

only IR laser and flashlight can be used + there's another problem - that you can't switch between IR laser and Flashlight , most of modern laser units does have a flashlight with visible and IR laser too

this can't be done in A3 at the moment > http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4770 , http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16445 and http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4771

about Mk23 maybe , i will look into that

Yeah, I was just thinking about a IR-Lasers how they work in A3, not even about normal las-pointers. Any chance to get a attachment for that? I would love it.

When i install the mod the guns are invisible in game, i can shoot and it makes noise but bullets dont come out and i dont see a gun. I installed it by putting the addons folder in the addons folder in the aram 3 directory, and same for the keys folder.

Key will not be accepted (already renamed the old rhi.bikey to rhi2.bikey).

Possible to re-pack it with the actual key?

Version: Last Version from Armaholic.

Edited by Dscha

I am having an error occur after downloading this mod from Armaholic, the error states "key not found for signature E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\RH Pistol pack 1.11-A3\addons\rh_de.pbo.RHI.bisign Test FAILED!". How can we solve this?

These pistols have still not been updated to have the new audio enhancements added in the Marksmen Update. Would love these to have echos and indoor reverb.

For some reason with the new update the pistols emit some kind of heat/invisible smoke when shooting. Is it a bug?

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

i did some test today (with latest a3 update) and ..imho RH pistols have more spread over a distance ~40m than vanilla A3 pistols. Is this problem with config or latest a3 patch (i use dev build.)

i did some test today (with latest a3 update) and ..imho RH pistols have more spread over a distance ~40m than vanilla A3 pistols. Is this problem with config or latest a3 patch (i use dev build.)

Hmm , you are right - i will need to rework my dispersion values to be more realistic , ETA: in the future

For some reason with the new update the pistols emit some kind of heat/invisible smoke when shooting. Is it a bug?

huh? there been a heat effect since a long time , unless you mean something else

Please keep that heat effect. Love it! Really sells the immersion.