22 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Looks like someone has uploaded your work without permission on steam - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894399456&searchtext=

There is always somebody that upload things that he don't even have a permission to do those

that's Steam Workshop in the nutshell ....

• Like 1

@roberthammer It's not a Steam Workshop problem. Anyone can upload anything to any host for people to download. The files are out there, no matter where you get them from or upload them to. Anyone can download, edit, claim for their own. People are just jerks and don't have any respect for the original authors. I don't understand why modders refuse to make their addons available on the Steam Workshop. That's like blaming Google Drive or Media Fire and refusing to use those places to make addons available. 

7 minutes ago, montgomery said:

@roberthammer It's not a Steam Workshop problem. Anyone can upload anything to any host for people to download. The files are out there, no matter where you get them from or upload them to. Anyone can download, edit, claim for their own. People are just jerks and don't have any respect for the original authors. I don't understand why modders refuse to make their addons available on the Steam Workshop. That's like blaming Google Drive or Media Fire and refusing to use those places to make addons available. 

Well i have my reasons so if i don't want it there , they shouldn't be even uploading that stuff there because they don't have my permission to do so

if they like it or not , plus that guy is lying - classic :sigh:

• Like 3

I totally agree with you. No one should ever upload anything without permission.

Hey RH your pistol pack is on the workshop uploaded by AbeNoMasahiro

• Like 1

Another smart ass that thinks reuploads are ok on SW ... sigh :sigh:

thanks for the report Cloby

Some people just don't seem to care or respect the mod creator's wishes. There are few uploads of your acc pack as well do you want these flagged also? 

Just now, trickshady said:

Some people just don't seem to care or respect the mod creator's wishes. There are few uploads of your acc pack as well do you want these flagged also? 

Yea , go ahead :icon_biggrin:

3 hours ago, roberthammer said:

Another smart ass that thinks reuploads are ok on SW ... sigh :sigh:

thanks for the report Cloby

The person who uploaded is refusing to take down other mods he uploaded like UNSUNG. Even though it has a DMCA request. Let's hope he gets a perma-ban from steam. 

1 hour ago, Cloby said:

The person who uploaded is refusing to take down other mods he uploaded like UNSUNG. Even though it has a DMCA request. Let's hope he gets a perma-ban from steam. 

It's all clear now , check his profile :smile_o:

• Like 1

ive come to ask is i could put his mod in a steam collation for a min sim as we do not us armaholic. if you say no will just keep looking for a different mod but we would really like to use this one.

30 minutes ago, Doc123321 said:

ive come to ask is i could put his mod in a steam collation for a min sim as we do not us armaholic. if you say no will just keep looking for a different mod but we would really like to use this one.

why you guys so against armaholic? and NO i do not support Steam Workshop , so do not even try to upload it there because it will be a insta DMCA :hehe:

• Like 2

because mil sims like to have it all in one collation were you dont have to download mods form lots of different places. also its easier to put the mod on a server when you need as its uploaded form the workshop by the server if you have a collection

1 minute ago, Doc123321 said:

because mil sims like to have it all in one collation were you dont have to download mods form lots of different places.

well download this one from armaholic or don't bother :sneaky2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc123321 said:

because mil sims like to have it all in one collation were you dont have to download mods form lots of different places. also its easier to put the mod on a server when you need as its uploaded form the workshop by the server if you have a collection

Mil sims managed before we had steam with OFP, Arma1, Arma2 so i am sure you can respect @roberthammer wishes.

• Like 3

On 6/5/2017 at 8:45 AM, roberthammer said:

well download this one from armaholic or don't bother :sneaky2:

Hey i love this mod is there any way i can get a working server bikey i tried to use it on my server and so far no luck! :( -Downloaded from armaholic btw :D

The biggest issue with Armaholic is the download speeds, where Steam Workshop is extremely fast and scales with your download speeds from your ISP, also the workshop installs the mods for you, this allows people whom are less technically inclined to have easier access to mods.

That being said if you don't want your work on Steam Workshop then that is the end of the argument, it's your work, you decide how it gets distributed.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cloby said:

Thanks , there are couple more out there even hidden inside of the "mod" pack

They fail to understand that they can't upload whatever they want on SW ....

• Like 2

Some people just don't know or don't care. Pretty sad really.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 1:49 AM, roberthammer said:

Thanks , there are couple more out there even hidden inside of the "mod" pack

They fail to understand that they can't upload whatever they want on SW ....

ROBERT can you please make a working server key for the most up to date version please :D