Editing other people's configs when they explicitly tell you not to edit their configs isn't helping anyone, it's theft. I see no quicker way to destroy this forum then folks going around ignoring the wishes of the people who actually create mods for the community. 

Theft: the action or crime of stealing.

Your statement makes no sense.

• Like 2

You're modifying someone elses work without permission, therefore stealing it.

You're modifying someone elses work without permission, therefore stealing it.

Please explain in detail how it is theft.  Feel free to PM me.  I would like to know how you came to this determination.  Seeing as how this is not a re-release, you are way off.  This is a potential fix for an existing mod.  

Also, if my method works for others, then it is helping others.  Your logic seems flawed in that post.  Furthermore, this is a public release with no fix for more than 10 months from what I can tell.  I came along, a guy that just started taking a crack at this, and made it work.  I didn't beg for a fix, or ask for help.  Meanwhile, looking at the multiple forums I have looked at, there was no fix, or helpful suggestions...  just guys giving up and waiting.  And when someone, like myself, attempts to help others, it seems guys like you just complain.  Have you offered a helpful solution to the problem?  Any constructive assistance to people trying to make the mod work on a dedicated server?  Or are you just offering complaints?

• Like 2

What part of "Do not edit or redistribute without explicit permission" do you not understand? Telling people how to edit something they've been told not to edit, is violating Robert Hammer's right as the author of the work, to make whatever terms upon its use he wishes to make. It's irrelevant how long you, or anyone else has been waiting for a fix. Robert isn't under any obligation to provide one in a timely manner, or at all. As you didn't pay for it, you have no right to assume any obligation on his part. Nor do his rights as an author expire just because you wish it so. The correct thing to do is to wait for the author to provide a fix, not to publish advice that, if taken, violates the author's express wishes. You seem to have a serious problem with notions of entitlement.   

RH is busy with ASTFOR, I'm sure that when he's good and ready, he'll update this pack to work with Apex. Until then people should either wait, or if they can't wait, seek out an alternative.

What part of "Do not edit or redistribute without explicit permission" do you not understand? Telling people how to edit something they've been told not to edit, is violating Robert Hammer's right as the author of the work, to make whatever terms upon its use he wishes to make. It's irrelevant how long you, or anyone else has been waiting for a fix. Robert isn't under any obligation to provide one in a timely manner, or at all. As you didn't pay for it, you have no right to assume any obligation on his part. Nor do his rights as an author expire just because you wish it so. The correct thing to do is to wait for the author to provide a fix, not to publish advice that, if taken, violates the author's express wishes. You seem to have a serious problem with notions of entitlement.   

Please explain how it is theft.  You are failing to explain that.  Also, if the author is upset, he can address me directly.  If he does, I will remove my post from this forum.  Its that simple.

• Like 2

Please explain how it is theft.  You are failing to explain that.  Also, if the author is upset, he can address me directly.  If he does, I will remove my post from this forum.  Its that simple.

Because you're violating the terms of use, and still using the mod while violating the terms under which it's given to you.Therefore you're using something you've no permission to use, which is theft, stolen work. Whether or not you redistribute that config yourself in considered irrelevant. People have got in trouble for posting screenshots that included gear they didn't have permission to reskin, even if they didn't distribute that reskin.

Because you're violating the terms of use, and still using the mod while violating the terms under which it's given to you.

Violating terms of use â‰  theft.  You should have went with that.  My statement still stands.  If the author takes issue with the fix I am showing, then I will remove the post.

Violating terms of use â‰  theft.  You should have went with that.  My statement still stands.  If the author takes issue with the fix I am showing, then I will remove the post.

Moreover, because when doing the deed You ve used tools supplied by Bohemia Interactive You additioally broke terms of two, no three EULA s to which You ve agreed to by buing and using Arma 3, using dev tools and signing up for this forum.

Regards.

• Like 1

Moreover, because when doing the deed You ve used tools supplied by Bohemia Interactive You additioally broke terms of two, no three EULA s to which You ve agreed to by buing and using Arma 3, using dev tools and signing up for this forum.

Regards.

I read the EULA document.  Please list the violations.  Also, I read the forum rules.  I see nothing specific to this.  Please list any forum rule violations.

I read the EULA document.  Please list the violations.  Also, I read the forum rules.  I see nothing specific to this.  Please list any forum rule violations.

Im quite certain you havent read the forum rules, did you read this one?

Posting addon/mod other content without permission:

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community. People work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. You must get permission to alter someone else's work, to mirror their work or to use it in any way other than for personal use. Without permission please do not edit, mirror, add to your mod pack or edit and share around your private squad.

Unfortunately we cannot control what people do outside of these forums. However, on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission, and we receive a complaint, the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved. Participation in this behavior comes with the risk of being permanently banned from these forums. Get permission by communicating with the original content creator(s).

• Like 2

Im quite certain you havent read the forum rules, did you read this one?

Guess I didn't. I already put in a message to the author.  Waiting for a response.  If I get banned here, so be it.

I will fix it myself but yet i have to find a good free time to at least fix the damn config

• Like 10

Does anyone have a sound mod for these by chance? Such a magnificent set of handguns that only need a bit of audio love.

I was on my way of making sounds for this mod , some time ago, if i can remember properly, RH liked the sounds but could not find the time to implement them, and don't know how to make a sub mod dependable on RH pistol pack. I still have all the sounds on my external hard drive, so if anyone wants to help we can make a sound replacement mod for RH pistol pack.

• Like 1

I was on my way of making sounds for this mod , some time ago, if i can remember properly, RH liked the sounds but could not find the time to implement them, and don't know how to make a sub mod dependable on RH pistol pack. I still have all the sounds on my external hard drive, so if anyone wants to help we can make a sound replacement mod for RH pistol pack.

yea , btw there new sound tech going on with tails - so its not only one sound but double the work now heh

yea , btw there new sound tech going on with tails - so its not only one sound but double the work now heh

Yeah i had to figure it out , i was working on a Serbian army mod sounds but the mod is going to be integrated/dependant with RHS so they will use rhs sounds instead. Tails would make the sounds for this pistol pack so much better, as i can make a few different samples for each firearm depending on the surroundings, it actually sounds pretty damn cool. No idea why BIS uses such basic sampels when they can do so much more with the game.   

• Like 1

RobertHammer, do you sometimes wish life will give you brake so you can work on your mods in peace?

I'm just asking because I do like your mods.

I want to second the above, I love these mods. I hope someday you'll get a chance to fix the config errors that the m4/m16 pack has now with the latest release of the game. I don't know if it actually causes any problems but I'm always nervous when I see them. Great mods

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

news_download_a3_3.png

RH Pistol pack v1.1

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello i have a problem i want to add the RH packs to my server but I always get a key error can you help me ?

Hello i have a problem i want to add the RH packs to my server but I always get a key error can you help me ?

@Mapachex:

1. Please don t quote armaholic frontpage notice posts.

2. To answer your question, only author of the mod can properly and legally update this mod to work with dedicated servers (this question has been asked over and over on this thread). RobertHammer is currently busy with large modding projects like Project ASTFOR and/or semi retired from arma 3 modding due to real life commitments, so please don t hold your breath. In short, find another pistols for your dedicated server.

Regards.

Well that was a fun little convo!

Anyways, is anyone else having a problem since the RHS update that has broken the RH weapon sounds (M4/Pistols specifically)?

48 minutes ago, fathersarge said:

Well that was a fun little convo!

Anyways, is anyone else having a problem since the RHS update that has broken the RH weapon sounds (M4/Pistols specifically)?

Do you have sound problems with specifc gear or generaly all of them have issue ?

On 2/3/2017 at 11:55 PM, M1ke_SK said:

Do you have sound problems with specifc gear or generaly all of them have issue ?

Apparently it was just a mod conflict with something else (an editor mod that was mistakenly left on that was causing everyone's sound to be hit or miss)

For which version of JSRS evro? The new one? If it was already released but I have no idea.