Sign in to follow this  
Warlambs

Horrible frame rate, even on lowest settings.

I've been having an issue with Frame Rate ever since I've been playing ArmA 3.

The game auto-sets me to the highest settings, so I doubt it's a problem with my hardware.

Even when I've set the game to its lowest settings, I still can hardly get over 15 frames.

I don't often do Troubleshoots, so let me know if you need any more info.

Here is a link to my DXDIAG.txt

Edited by Warlambs

The only thing you can really do is wait. Most of the performance issue's are known and this is an Alpha. The biggest things that affect FPS are view distance and object draw distance as well as object detail and terrain detail. Hopefully they can work on performance optimizations throughout the beta.

Yeah, I get that. It's still a bummer though.

Hopefully they'll fix those performance issues so I can finally get back to the game I love.

There is a sticky thread you should use when suffering from low performance: Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

It's really not necessary that everyone with performance problems creates a new thread. ;)

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Forum rules

I noticed just now the sticky has been closed, thread re-opened......

Edited by Guest

arma doesn't really like phenom 2's, from what i've seen from past experience

what you can try it lowering render distance and object and terrain quality to low

Its absolutely your kit. And its what ever mission your using? Resolution and VD,ObjD are the biggest frame users. Poor Missions will lag it out too.

I noticed just now the sticky has been closed, thread re-opened......

can you reopen the Low CPU utilization & Low FPS thread?

can you reopen the Low CPU utilization & Low FPS thread?

Let's hope not.

I've been having an issue with Frame Rate ever since I've been playing ArmA 3.

The game auto-sets me to the highest settings, so I doubt it's a problem with my hardware.

Even when I've set the game to its lowest settings, I still can hardly get over 15 frames.

I don't often do Troubleshoots, so let me know if you need any more info.

Here is a link to my DXDIAG.txt

Join the club...

I also had the same problem, even after lowering all settings I was still only seeing around 15 fps on average in multiplayer while easily getting over 60 fps in single player on very high settings. This is the same thing that would happen in Arma 2s multiplayer as well... but I haven't yet had a chance to try that game out again since I installed my new 670 ftw the other day so maybe that game will run better now.

I managed to make the arma 3 multiplayer a bit more playable by trying a suggestion I found in another thread somewhere on here. I opened the config file "C:\Users\"username"\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\arma3alpha.cfg" and changed the line GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000; to GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;. This seemed to knock the average frames I was getting straight up into the 30s and sometimes 40s with a mix of standard/high settings in multiplayer. Not exactly a fix by any stretch of the imagination but an improvement nonetheless.