Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Pre-E3 Livestream Hangouts

You can access the devbuild by right clicking on Arma 3 in your steam library > properties > BETA > select the Development build from the drop down list
I believe what JumpingHubert meant was when the beta content would come along for dev build users in the supposed "release of beta content in dev build before actual beta"?

Yesterday's live stream was running on my work machine and the specs are:

- i7

- 8gb

- GTX660

And Arma 3 runs very well on it, with great visual quality.

Beware that the streaming video doesn't make justice at all, the video has much less quality.

my exact same machine! i tought it was mid-ware.. :D great streaming, it was fun!

I believe what JumpingHubert meant was when the beta content would come along for dev build users in the supposed "release of beta content in dev build before actual beta"?

Oh... I completely ignored the "BETA" in that sentence :ill:

Oh well, guess the post will just serve as a guideline for those who don't know how to do it.

What I liked about the 'hangout' was to be able to see the main movers and shakers at BIS. It is good to see the faces behind the names.

It was also good to see names from the forums popping up as well in chat. Pity that there were some tools on the chat that needed to be muted (or neutered!) that spoiled it. In the end I removed the window so I could concentrate on what I was seeing.

It is good to see the faces behind the names.

Indeed it was :cool:

It was also good to see names from the forums popping up as well in chat.

I gave up on that, unbelievable how people act when theres no moderation...

Beta looks promising - like the new features especially:

-Editor - Steam Workshop publishing

About - The Workshop

Ever dreamed of seeing your brilliant ideas come to life in games played by millions of people? Now you can, with the Steam Workshop. Here you can submit, find, rate, and download new content and modifications for your favorite Steam games.

Different games may use the Steam Workshop in different ways, but everything here is created by members of the Steam community, just like you.

-Editor task modules and streamlined editor layout

-New helicopters

-New MANPADS

-Moricky

-Was gun stability better, if so wonderful? (in the current stable build, A3 simulates holding a rifle while very drunk)

dislikes:

-Comanche cockpit - you can get better MFD's in current Cessna production models! (I'm sure it's a WIP)

-Sounds - please watch some videos, helicopters haven't sounded like that since the days of the 'Whirly Birds' Bell model 47 and the Alouette III.

Comanche sound (today EC-135 / EC145-T2 sound very similar):

XM301 gun operation (35 secs):

GAU-19 for comparison:

more:

-hope the editor manual will be comprehensive so we get people making some good missions

-artillery?

-whats happening in/on the sea with th BETA?

-can we see more snipers?

-more info on MP features / editing?

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

You can access the devbuild by right clicking on Arma 3 in your steam library > properties > BETA > select the Development build from the drop down list

My question was a different one. When we get the beta in the dev build? I think it was announced earlier than the stable build. I hope you understand now in spite of my crap english :p

My question was a different one. When we get the beta in the dev build? I think it was announced earlier than the stable build. I hope you understand now in spite of my crap english :p

It's not your English. It was early in the morning and I skipped over the word BETA in your sentence :p

The dev's said that the BETA content will be deployed on the dev branch right after E3 (13'th of June)

The actual BETA will be lunched for the general public 2-3 weeks after E3.

thanks for the answer...so we get lunch...äh..breakfast after the 13th :p

I have an idea for the next stream. Volunteer one more dev to chat with users but put him on a irc chat that is announced on these forums only. So we get two chats, the twich chat for the spammer kiddies and one for the community :)

I have an idea for the next stream. Volunteer one more dev to chat with users but put him on a irc chat that is announced on these forums only. So we get two chats, the twich chat for the spammer kiddies and one for the community :)

+ 1 to this

Where did they say green faction = Greek Army? I dont recall them saying that??

If you opened up the editor in the Alpha and placed a unit you could select as faction "Independent" and as soilder "Greek Army". They changed that to "Green Army" with one of the latest updates, but there is still a screenshot of it somewhere on this forums

We already had Dwarden on IRC and managed to torture some answers out of him.

Too bad those spammer kiddies are the part of the community now. All the accessibility/streamlined talk makes sure the number of these will only grow...

If you opened up the editor in the Alpha and placed a unit you could select as faction "Independent" and as soilder "Greek Army". They changed that to "Green Army" with one of the latest updates, but there is still a screenshot of it somewhere on this forums

I hope this doesn't mean BIS moves away from real world entirely. Fighting some Durkastan instead of Iran will not be the same

Edited by metalcraze

Well it makes sense for the companies income that the need to cater for them as a priority then us here, they know we are hooked, hooking the public guys and reining them into submission is the key for future profits.

I hope too they don't move away from reality, the AA we saw in the live demo looked pretty unattractive kinda like a bland rectangle box :( I was long since said that in the future we will loose our artistic ideals that must translate into weaponry too, but alas A3 is still being developed.

Edited by Bigpickle

I hope this doesn't mean BIS moves away from real world entirely. Fighting some Durkastan instead of Iran will not be the same
It's probably just for consistency with "BLUFOR"/Blue and "OPFOR"/Red and with the same reasoning, because as far as gameplay testing purposes (i.e. testing "balance" or bug testing) you could just call them 'Faction 1', 'Faction 2' and 'Faction 3'.

As far as the "Titan MPRL Launcher" MANPADS... what exactly were you expecting a MANPADS to look like, especially if they seem to have made a conscious choice "cannot be a Stinger or an Igla"? A quick glimpse at other real-world MANPADS didn't turn up anything as "throw this in now"...

Edited by Chortles

The dev's said that the BETA content will be deployed on the dev branch right after E3 (13'th of June)

The actual BETA will be lunched for the general public 2-3 weeks after E3.

Good Guy BIS. Release the Beta in dev BUILD to the weekend. :)

Noticed that after watching this for n'th time... GUYS PLEASE let the pilot control non-guided rockets. Even though Comanche has those DAGR, and they are guided I believe that the pilot should have control over them! Simply he should have the target in front, aiming the comanche at it and pushing the right button to acquire target(ka50 - with only pilot can do that, and in arma we have 2035) . You've made a great thing in beta patches in Arma 2 that helicopter pilots have the ability to shoot non-guided rockets(it's both realistic and fun!). Anyway, the pods would be open when the pilot would choose rockets(he might be able to switch between none(stealth) and rockets) or the gunner would choose the "hellfires". While the pods closed it would be harder to acquire target :>(well.. it's comanche... "stealth" helicopter), by that i mean you would have to be more precise with aa launchers and it would take longer to acquire tracking.

we still haven't any information about the campaign in ArmA 3.

I'd like to know what kind it will be: story driven like OFP, ArmA 1 or Operation Arrowhead? or more sandbox-style (which I didn't like) like Harvest Red?

moreover, will we be in charge all the time, or will there be missions in which we are led?

most of usermade missions/campaigns in ArmA 2 always set the player as commander - which is a bit annoying. sometimes I just want to be led and do nothing but follow my squad leader - not spend my time doing micro management.

last but not least, will there be warfare style missions in SP? I really hope not, as I hatred them - I DO think warfare is not designed for SP...

thanks

we still haven't any information about the campaign in ArmA 3.

I'd like to know what kind it will be: story driven like OFP, ArmA 1 or Operation Arrowhead? or more sandbox-style (which I didn't like) like Harvest Red?

There was actually a bunch of campaign talk in 2011 and 2012, but at/after E3 the main theme seemed to be a conscious desire not to repeat the "power disparity" of OA, and consciously calling on elements of Operation Flashpoint: Resistance. Unfortunately after all the quiet from this past autumn and winter and the Greek incident, who knows how much if any of it applies now.

Hi guys, I hope you've all enjoyed the first livestream. We surely did - thanks for the support and patience! :D

As RoyaltyinExile (Jay) pointed out, it was also a bit of a trial run for next Saturday (and possibly other hangouts in the future). This Saturday we'll be showing off the Combined Arms showcase from the upcoming Arma 3 Beta. The idea is to do 2-3 playthroughs, taking a different approach each time. Joining Zipper5 (Thomas), are Encoding Lead Petr Kolar (Pettka), Nelson Duarte (creator of the Combined Arms showcase), and our Senior Designer Karel Moricky.

Just a quick heads up: this livestream might be a bit more of an one-way event, as several of our guys will be in a plane to LA. However, for future occasions, we'll definitely consider the suggestions for improving the interaction.

Edited by Korneel

it would be cool if a poll could be made on the subjects/questions the community like to see highlighted in the next livestream, the chat was really 'noisy'