Sign in to follow this  
Korneel

Arma 3 - Pre-E3 Livestream Hangouts

Cancelled in our 2004, not in their 2004. The timelines have diverged ever since the mid-1980s. ;)

True!

It is a parallel world since the soviet invasion at that time.

Well it is kinda Merlin... but not by the name, exactly like merkava is not named merkava in Arma. Strange though that they've decided not to use real names(except comanche). Ehh, those licensing issues.

any image of the UH-80 ghosthawk?

BTW, what's the new transport helicopter

http://arma-france.fr/wp-content/gallery/e3/2.png

looks like an EH-101 Merlin (kind of)

No images of the Ghost-hawk, no. I did see a texture file of it though and the only remarkable features I could make out was the angled tail section, modified engine exhausts and the trademark silent tail rotor. The nose section looked like that of a normal Black hawk. So I guess it looks something like this

The "Merlin" is called the CH-49 Mohawk.

No images of the Ghost-hawk, no. I did see a texture file of it though and the only remarkable features I could make out was the angled tail section, modified engine exhausts and the trademark silent tail rotor. The nose section looked like that of a normal Black hawk. So I guess it looks something like this

The "Merlin" is called the CH-49 Mohawk.

https://twitter.com/HUNTER497/status...924480/photo/1

What is the Greek combat optic?

Do the 3D scopes have "painted on" reticules or a collimator like effect? With the current Arma 3 anims the sight would presumably misalign if they're painted on.

Edited by RasdenFasden

What is the Greek combat optic?

Do the 3D scopes have "painted on" reticules or a collimator like effect? With the current Arma 3 anims the sight would presumably misalign if they're painted on.

The sight looks like the IOR Pitbull.

Don't know about the second point. A dev has to answer that.

I know of that one. I was refereeing to in-game images of the aircraft.

1) PC Specs

Yesterday's live stream was running on my work machine and the specs are:

- i7

- 8gb

- GTX660

And Arma 3 runs very well on it, with great visual quality.

Beware that the streaming video doesn't make justice at all, the video has much less quality.

Neokika, are there coming more Weapons? I mean ARMA II had a shitload of weapons and it was pretty much fun to try them all out. I mean compared to A2 there are just a quarter of the AII Guns. (I mean are there coming more bolt action sniper rifles?)

Yesterday's live stream was running on my work machine and the specs are:

- i7

- 8gb

- GTX660

And Arma 3 runs very well on it, with great visual quality.

Beware that the streaming video doesn't make justice at all, the video has much less quality.

Then you might be the best person to ask this. :D

Edit: Nevermind.

Neokika, are there coming more Weapons? I mean ARMA II had a shitload of weapons and it was pretty much fun to try them all out. I mean compared to A2 there are just a quarter of the AII Guns. (I mean are there coming more bolt action sniper rifles?)

It was stated that more content (weapons, vehicles, units) will be added later in development.

Btw Vanilla Arma 2 didn't have many weapons, they added more in Operation Arrowhead and DLCs...

I can't wait for new Beta. Is anybody know when will be available?

Edited by PurePassion
Moved. Please search before posting. Thanks! You can also find information in the stream.

Should also be mentioned that a lot of those weapons were multiple variants of the same thing. Now we have base models that we can attach god knows what to them, though granted it'll be nice to see more rifles and such.

As for vehicles, remember a lot of the stuff already featured in screenshots and previous E3 videos that isn't present in the current alpha, as well as stuff that we've been teased with (i welcome our Ghosthawk overlords).

We will probably not get to test the full list of features until the last few dev builds of the beta before the game goes gold.

Beta will be after E3 as per Livestream. Also forgot to mention how impressed i was at being able to be at such a semi-personal(somewhat) lvl with the devs was awsome an IMO makes BI 2nd none in community awareness..course most of us who been around since OFP/A1 already knew that.

You should check official Arma 3 website sometimes:

WHAT IS IN THE ALPHA

Stratis (20 km2)

3 Factions

12 Weapons

8 Vehicles

2 Multiplayer Scenarios [?]

4 Singleplayer Showcases

Multiple Weapon Attachments

Customizable Gear

Scenario Editor [?]

Modding [?]

WHAT IS IN THE FULL GAME

Altis (270 km2) & Stratis (20 km2)

5 Factions

40+ Weapons

20+ Vehicles

Multiple Weapon Attachments

Customizable Gear

Singleplayer Campaign

Multiplayer

Multiple Scenarios & Challenges

Scenario Editor

Modding

That may look like it because ArmaII has numerous variants of the same weapons, while on ArmaIII you can just drag, drop and combine a silencer, different scopes, IR laser or flashlights on a single weapon. Moreover ArmaII got much more weapons after one expansion and three DLCs.

Anyway they are adding a third faction in the beta and already showed the F2000, the Negev, a new pistol that kinda look like a Browning Hi-Power as well as a new AA missile launcher and much more to come. You just gotta be patient... ;)

Edited by dunedain

cannot wait till Q3 2013 :) arma 3 will be amazing when finnished...

i like the way they released the alpha for us to test also... hopefully the final version will have hardly IF ANY bugs...

also looking forward to the mods for this game (I44, ACE, UNSUNG, STAR WARS)

Great presentation.the 3d scopes look fantastic.

I've only ever looked at the mission editor a few times and closed it.I think after watching this i might have a proper go with it.

Good job bis you deserve another beer.

Things that will be included in the beta (more to come):

• Green Faction (Greek Army)

Where did they say green faction = Greek Army? I dont recall them saying that??

yeah they did :) that is what the mission was based on the green army :)

:pwhen we get access to the beta in the DEV BUILD?:p

You can access the devbuild by right clicking on Arma 3 in your steam library > properties > BETA > select the Development build from the drop down list

They never did (at least I never saw or heard anything). People are just assuming things, I guess due to the similarities in the gear and camo.

Went through the recorded livestream. For anyone interested in the mission editing aspect, they showed how to set up a task, assign it to the player and have a trigger monitor whether or not the task has been completed.

He also made a few interesting remarks about how to use certain waypoint types for reinforcements, but unfortunately never came around to much detail.

Zipper5 is a master of mission editing, just to watch him work and explain was great. At some time, it would be great to simply have him host a half-hour of "here is how I set up a semi-complicated mission".

Thanks for a few good laughs too :)