Sign in to follow this  
helling3r

[COOP/TVT/SP] DefendTheBase

Hello,

i want to bring to your attention the release of my Defend the Base! Scenario.

This release is Version 31, which should be fairly stable as its in development since 09/2012.

What is "Defend the Base"?

This mission models a fixed infantry scenario (platoon sized) where one force attacks a prepared and fortified defensive position and must conquer it in a specified time.

Defenders can build various fortifications, weapon systems and gear. Starting positions and mission weather conditions are freely choosable.

Attackers are a standard rifle platoon with weapons squad and a 60mm mortar section.

It can be played in different modes (TVT, COOP against an AI attacker or alone). It is a somewhat assymetric scenario and meant to be played in two rounds, at least if its played in TVTs.

Please refer to the provided README for in-depth details about the concepts and the missions details. Also there is some documentation in the mission briefing.

Core features

• 1-85 players supported (platoon sized scenario), but can be also played without AI
  • Highly dynamic setup: Defenders choose defensive position freely; then Attackers can select their staging area, time and weather
  • Higly dynamic defence: Defenders can build static defenses, fortifications, gear, weapons, etc through a COIN interface
  • ACE and ACRE mod integration
  • Supports JIP and spectator
  • Realism and gameplay widely customizable through mission parameters
  • Playable as SP (with teamswitch), TVT, COTVT, COOP, with or without friendly AI (HighCommand support)
  • Focusses on teamplay: Medic is important and can build an CCP
  • Score system enables usage as competetive mission in leagues
  • Play endless variations of the classic attack/defence scenario

Where can i get it? What do i need to run it?

All Versions need CBA, ACE and ACRE.

I appreciate your feedback and/or bug reports.

Oh, and let me tell you that i am already working on a port for Arma3...

Edited by helling3r
fixed link to thirsk

This concept sounds very interesting. I like the flexibility the different game modes offer and I'm looking forward to the ArmA3 port.

Takistan and ThirskW have the same pbo name? or is it just a mistake?

Any feedback already?

I would be very interested in testing and performance results above 40 palyers.

this mission sounds really awesome, but Im having issues getting the AI commanders to do anything. defenders never choose a position to start. is there a setting that needs to be turned on for AI commanders to work?

for sp i have to put in sp folder?

i miss the map.eu file ???????

Edited by teoleo