Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

Quick poll about the game so far

"1" objstatus "DONE";Tsk_poll1 "SUCCEEDED";sleep 7;Obj_poll1 = true; publicvariable "Obj_poll1"; :D

done1.gif

nice poll, should post the results for all to see.

my final word at the end of the poll

"A few changes would make the A3 experience so much better.

Default the scroll wheel to "change pace/speed" for better control over the player's movement speed as well as the speed for land and sea vehicles (acts as an de/accelerator).

Adding a dedicated (and bind-able) action menu key + scroll wheel for navigation, would be a huge improvement. no more fighting with the menu when ever it opens when not wanted.

No more accidental placement/detonation of explosives. No more going into the gear menu in the middle of a fire fight.

Add a "stance up/stance down" function that is bind-able(would allow these functions to be bound to the scroll wheel for those who want it). remove the currently locked stance change function from "move forward/move back" keys. this will allow players to change stance on the move, as currently we are forced to stop before changing stance.. and we all know that in combat, if you stop moving, you're dead."

Take your conclusions, albeit the relative small number of participants and saved the proportions I think is fair to say that it represents some kinds of players and show some tendencies.

http://tinyurl.com/arma-poll

Interesting, at least.

Great poll bro, some interesting stats in there, maybe good to run it again later on down the track.

Nice tool from Google!

A lot of people, especially new players, found that they'd like a sort of tactical guide to help them transition from BF3 and COD. I found this guide to be of great help, and I'm pretty sure 90% of players have read it at some point, so it's useful even if it's written for A2.

Take your conclusions, albeit the relative small number of participants and saved the proportions I think is fair to say that it represents some kinds of players and show some tendencies.

http://tinyurl.com/arma-poll

Interesting, at least.

Gotta say, I personally find it interesting that "Saw videos on the internet" was a full two-thirds of what got the polled players to buy Arma 3 while "Commentary of other people on forums", "Played the Lite Version" and "Read reviews on trusted sites" were only ten percent each... would not be surprised if "the DayZ phenomenon" was somehow involved. :p Not directly of course, and the sample is skewed due to it being seemingly if not exclusively BI forums members... but an interesting glimpse at the "marketing" of Arma 3 thusfar.
A lot of people, especially new players, found that they'd like a sort of tactical guide to help them transition from BF3 and COD. I found this guide to be of great help, and I'm pretty sure 90% of players have read it at some point, so it's useful even if it's written for A2.
While of course that's an invaluable contribution, I believe that the player community (particularly outside of these forums) could stand to benefit from having a publicly-available tactical guide that's more focused specifically on "transitioning from BF3/COD"...

Youtube videos are increasingly becoming more and more important in getting the word out about games. That's how people like NorthernlionLP make their living, and a lot of indie developers like, Mike Bithell for example, have already embraced it as a form of free marketing. They give these Youtube people a free review copy of their games, and boom, their sales go up. I think Rogue Legacy had a massive spike in preorders after NorthernlionLP made a video about it. Now we wait for the bigger companies to catch up, I guess.

Nah, the bigger companies seem to have also been well aware of and riding "the YouTube hype wave" too... but we're definitely at a point in time where the atmosphere surrounding the Arma name in gaming has changed so radically that BI/Arma can get in on "the YouTube hype wave" to Arma's benefit, both directly from official videos (including the Community Guide videos produced and narrated by Dslyecxi) and indirectly from user/player-produced videos.

My interest in this is that it seems to hint at what works and how BI as a publisher could and allocate marketing resources... as well as how BI as a promoter of itself and the Arma brand has changed. :D

Youtube videos are increasingly becoming more and more important in getting the word out about games. That's how people like NorthernlionLP make their living, and a lot of indie developers like, Mike Bithell for example, have already embraced it as a form of free marketing. They give these Youtube people a free review copy of their games, and boom, their sales go up. I think Rogue Legacy had a massive spike in preorders after NorthernlionLP made a video about it. Now we wait for the bigger companies to catch up, I guess.

That's also how I decide if I should buy a game which is totally unknown to me. For example, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion was on sale on Steam last week. Didn't know much about it and looked up some LPs on youtube. Found it to my liking and bought it. Sometimes you really have to see raw gameplay footage to know if you may like the game or not.

it definitely needs more people voting :) so keep filling it up ... we're watching :cool: