Sign in to follow this  
Adviss

Adding a east unit to a west plane

I realize this is a simplistic question, but ive searched the forum many times over and couldnt find any information on it.

Recently it was found out that jet planes in ofp could infact engage each other.

Since I have no Airplanes for the "east" side to dogfight the F14 and Tornados I figured I could just put in a empty F14 airplane and add a east soldier in (much like the "this addweapon ..." command) but I failed to figure out how. I just want to have a squadron of enemy planes starting out in midair so they can have a go with the allied fighters. I realize that there is a Mig-29 fulcrum out (scorpios) but for some reason whenever I put more than three of them on screen my computer grounds to a halt . Whenever I replace the plane with the su-25 my system flies at 60 fps (9 su-25s vs 9 f14s...it isnt pretty. poor SU's). Any help is a appreciated!

ok, what you need to do is add the F14 as an empty plane, and give it a name (perhaps, F14east)

Then, place an east unit near it for reference

In the init line of that east unit, write

this moveindriver F14east

You can also use the moveingunner and moveincargo commands for other units. If you want to do that in a trigger, you can replace "this" with the name of a unit. The moveincommand sends someone instantly as the driver/gunner/cargo of that other unit.

I would also recommend assigning the soldier to the plane first - it just makes things a lot easier if the AI thinks it really is his plane!

soldier assignasdriver f14

then do the moveindriver as described previously.