Sign in to follow this  
karbiner

Ability to bind 1 tm 0 keys to other actions

Hello,

As fps players we like to have our buttons arround WSAD(inb4 azerty blasphemers). Some important ones are the 1 tm 0 (1 tm 5 to be realistic) keys but at this moment they are ONLY for squad controll, which I NEVER use since I am a co-op/pvp/tvt player.

So all I want is the option to bind these keys to more usefull actions (IMO) such as switching to secondairies, or switching grenade types etc etc etc.

And I am sure there are more players who could agree with this.

And sorry if this thread is in the wrong section:)

but at this moment they are ONLY for squad controll

No, they are bound to RADIO control. A subtle distinction, I know. I do agree that it would be nice to have total control over keybinds, however.

I have asked for the same thing a couple of months back in May. Making it completely optional would be beneficial for players who can utilize these keys for other elements, actions and features (especially those who particularly play co-op/MP like myself). I messaged a few of BIS devs active here about this after I created a thread that didn't go nowhere, only DnA replied back (which I greatly appreciate).

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. Don't worry, many of us are actively and constantly scanning the forums, Feedback Tracker, social channels and lots of other places for feedback, suggestions and issues. It's simply too busy to reply to every one of them in detail. We've had this topic opened many times also internally; there may be technical limitations preventing it. Can't promise anything, but it's something we can at least look into.

Cheers,

Joris

So I really hope this still holds true and they can consider this for Arma 3. A game of this nature needs to give complete control to the user in my opinion.

No, they are bound to RADIO control. A subtle distinction, I know. I do agree that it would be nice to have total control over keybinds, however.

I actually use the mouse scroll for those actions, so for others that desire to rebind those reserved numeral keys they can do the same, the functionality is still there by default. The Num Pad keys are binded to looking around you, I use ALT and mouse to do that (some utilize TrackIR), so anything reserved to the numeral keys I would love to move it to the Num Pad and free those up for my own personal customization.

using a shift or ctr to change the radio keys to bindable keys would be a good.

i said it before: it would actually be better if 1 to 0 would be switched (or available to switch) to numpad 1-0. That said, for a PC exclusive game of 2013, it would be better to be able to bind all keys whatever you feel like, without reserved keys (that includes F1 to F12 keys just as well).

For instance, the game does NOT recognize my steel series XAI button 6 and 7, and for some weird reason, you cannot bind shift and ctrl to additional mouse buttons except LMB and RMB...pity

I've had a Xai in the past and yes you can't bind them to things, what you can do on the other hand is binding them to keymacro. On my sensei the 6 and 7 are PageUp and PageDown and with that I can bind/use them in any game.

I wish you could bind modifier keys to mouse buttons! I already have mouse buttons 4-9 as macros in the Logitech setpoint software, but I still can't use alt/ctrl/shift + mouse buttons 1,2,and 3