Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[SP Camp] Operation Wayne Grey - Unsung MOD [RWO] version 1.0

Hello CYHFC

It's the first time somebody reported these bugs. I will have to take a look into that. For the time being I have no idea what is causing this weird behavior. Especially the healing thing. I will take also a look at all the text messages that seem to be triggered prematurely. Thanks for pointing that out and letting me know.

Campaigns listed twice is a common bug. I've read somewhere if you create a campaign folder in the expansion folder they will be listed only once.

Thanks for reporting and sorry that you have encountered these flaws I will take a look asap.

Thanks

regards

The only thing I noticed, is that the squad has more then one Radio man.

It's possible with two or more could get a bit loud, but I really don't know if that is a problem or bug.

Other than that, no bugs from and enjoyed it mucho.

And yes, he needs to move his Campaigns folder to the Expansions folder.

Just drag and drop.

Hello nettrucker. Thank you very much for your effort to help me. What triggers the radio messages? I had the vague feeling, that it comes to early when I am up front of the group and comes right in time when I'm at the end of the group. But I can't put my finder on that 100% at all. Just my assumption.

In my first post I mixed it up with a german word and wrote "robbing". Of course I meant "crawling".

And @kommiekat too: Yes, that works! Thank you.

Another problem. And I'm about to get really depressed cause it seems to work just fine for everybody else: when I die, the game doesn't stop. I am also unable to open the menu with esc. Actually no key works. So I have to end the game with the task manager.

Another problem. And I'm about to get really depressed cause it seems to work just fine for everybody else: when I die, the game doesn't stop. I am also unable to open the menu with esc. Actually no key works. So I have to end the game with the task manager.

There must be something really wrong but I can't tell for sure what happens. Did you experience these things also by playing other user made campaigns? I'm a bit surprised because other people played the campaign as well but didn't encounter said things. Therefore it's hard to tell what actually is going wrong.

I will look at the trigger conditions for the text . . . I can't recall at the moment what condition I used. I'm currently finishing my first campaign therefore I won't be able to do it immediately. Once I'm done I will improve OWG (Operation Wayne Grey).

I really can't help you out at the moment my apologies for that. I suggest maybe to try in the meantime some other campaigns until I figure out what's wrong.

cheers :)

I'm a bit surprised because other people played the campaign as well but didn't encounter said things.

Actually, I have to tell you the truth:

We, the other players and myself, have NOT played your campaign.

We just said that to make you feel better.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

:p

@Kommiekat

We, the other players and myself, have NOT played your campaign.

We just said that to make you feel better.

Me neither. I am just stressing out random people, ya know^^

@nettrucker

Whenever you are ready. I managed to move on in the campaign and what can I say... this is grade A work. Just as I expected. The messages, the intros, the cut scenes and the athmosphere are awesome.

First mission: as Kommiekat said: this was hectic. Very stressfull to leave my ass in the grass try not to get hit by small arms fire or rpg, but also to help out my squad. Unfortunately, the mentioned bugs remained.

Second mission, which I played at night in a dark room. Creeping through the dark and noisy jungle, the sound of battle in the far, the "sniper" theme well kown from the Full Metal Jacket soundtrack running in the background, occasionally gunfire and flares... just great, man. The vietnam mission I allways wanted to play. Best Nam feeling since 2004s Vietcong :) This loong long walk got me really weary (in a good way) yet tense. It's awesome when a game can do that. The cut scene about finding this shellshocked soldier ended it perfectly! From the middle of this mission on I had to handle with other strange stuff I have never experienced playing arma on this computer yet: ridiculously long loading sequences (around 4 minutes) and an incredible low framerate (around 9; sometimes even 2 - 4. Fiddling around on the graphic settings did not help)

Third mission was again very hectic. Here paradoxically I was able to heal everybody again. The first to radio messages only popped up for a second so I could't read them.

Fourth mission: I'm right in the middle of this misson and... damn, this is tough :D

The problem that I can not drag or carry wounded guys remained throughout the whole campaign. Still I love this campaign though there are many brutal bugs. Maybe you can figure something out if you have the time and muse to. Thank you for this!

Edited by CYHFC

Hey CYHFC

thanks for the feedback. I will have a look at it as soon as I'm done with my first campaign. There's not much time at my disposal so progress is extremely slow. Really first I've to finish what I started more than 1 year ago I owe that to people that have contributed to this and therefore my focus is elsewhere. For being honest Operation Wayne Grey exist only because I had a burnout on editing my first campaign I was doing more harm than good in this period. So I took a break. Unsung released the 2.5 version and it was awesome. So I decided to do this little Nam campaign based on real events happened.

I will improve this campaign asap. I might have also rushed the release of it. My bad. In any case thanks for playing and for the feedback. :)

Thank you :) All the best for your upcoming stuff!

Hey CYHFC

I will improve this campaign asap. I might have also rushed the release of it. My bad. In any case thanks for playing and for the feedback. :)

Before you go to all that work, be sure CYHFC is not using other mods that can be conflicting with the camp.

Going through 6 pages on this thread, no one has reported any bugs, including myself.

For each computer that is used to play any one mission, there are that many possible problems.

Not saying his bugs aren't legit. Perhaps a better explaination, with a PM to you, of the exact characteristics of those bugs.

Cheers

On post #32 tom3kb reportet a similar problem:

1st mission:

setidentity not working for player we play with our ingame nick,

there is something wrong with bis first aid module (maybe not working to good with Unsung), almost all my teammates was wounded but i can heal only some of them(i have icon/option that i can heal but i can't do anything),

And yeah, I disabled all other mods before installing/playing.

Hey here's my beta test for this campaign:

Package

A bit confusing since there is a perfectly working .pbo file resting between a description.ext and mission.sqm file, making the impression that this whole folder should go into your "campaigns" folder. Doing so results in an error in campaign structure. Using just the .pbo file as with all other campaigns cures the problem.

First mission: Valley of tears

The overview and briefing are top notch, especially the briefing is very long and informative. The same can be said for intro and outro. The mission itself is hectic as well, with the radio messages adding to the tension. As a medic, I rush to heal my squadmates, until a whole load of red stars is all around me. This bug where I cannot heal the wounded soldiers happens for me too. Can you explain if you use a kind of healing script on the units to keep a certain number of them alive, which is interfering with the BIS first aid system? Judging from the sheer number of wounded soldiers all around me, I was expecting to be a lone soldier on the battlefield, yet towards of the mission there were still a lot of own soldiers running around. Other than this book this misson was top notch and since all the wounded did not die off I was not left alone and so I was not overrun, could complete and enjoy the mission.

Hello Mathias

a long time has passed since we had contact. I think on OFPEC. I hope you are doing alright and thanks for having tested the 1st mission and giving your feedback. Yeah sorry this little campaign has been rushed and I admit it. It has some flaws which I will improve hopefully for a new release around Christmas. Yeah I forgot to remove some stuff in the folder sorry my bad. Next release will only have the readme and the pbo.

Concerning the heal issue I believe that the standard BI first Aid modules are conflicting with UNSUNG. I never experienced it somewhere else. Gotta try and post also in their thread maybe they can help.

I'm aware that this little campaign needs still some love and polish. Performance is still an issue. Will work on that too. And I will try to get it also voice acted. Let's say it's a basis for start . . . this first release.

Thanks once again for the feedback very much appreciated.

All the best.

Second Mission: Rescue Alpha

This has to be one of the most atmospheric missions I played this year to say the least. The cinematics are long and well scripted and the music score is absolutely chilling. The same could be said for the mission. I know that the very long walk is intentional and it could be a bit shorter according to my taste, but the night fight is absolutely top notch...trying to shoot almost invisible enemies, looking to spot the muzzle flashes... it feels so chillingly like one would picture the real thing. And the medic system works this time. Definitely a great mission.

Thanks Mathias very much appreciated. I know that you've played countless missions and therefore I'm happy you liked that mission in particular. I'll consider to shorten the walk a bit in the next update. Lot's of stuff here to improve. For being honest this campaign saw the light because I had a burnout on my other campaign I'm updating. I'm really close to release the new update of Hammer of Thor. One last test run to make on my new computer and it's ready for a final release as long as there aren't any game breaking bugs.

Once I'm done with that I will update this campaign here and improve it. Therefore thanks for your feedback.

I must admit that it is the first time I try to represent a real life event which has taken place in the Vietnam war. Never did that before and it was more challenging to me to get it done rather than fictional missions for being honest.

And I will try to get it voice acted as well. I've cooperated in Hammer of Thor with some fantastic voice actors. Maybe I can convince some to support me also in this one.

I'm a "sucker" for voice acted missions. LOL :bounce3:

And just to let people know, you and I still have a campaign coming out for UNSUNG!

One day. One day soon:rolleyes:

Good to know KK. I wanted to write you PM about that "lost" campaign, but now i dont have to. ;)

Third Mission: Hill 947

Wow, this is incredibly hectic. No bugs spotted, a total counter-point to the quieter last mission. I had numerous close shaves by enemy fire, and I had plenty of opportunity for mad dashes to save the lives of fellow squadmates or providing cover fire for other mates doing just that. A huge amount of lead is in the air yet you carefully balanced the mission towards playability - it really keeps the player on the edge of the seat. Can't wait to see the next mission of this campaign.

Hello Mathias

thanks for the feedback I'm really glad you like it. Well the next mission is the last one and you're already done with it. BTW did you encounter any lag, FPS drops or performance issues? I guess that I've exaggerated the amount of units in some of these missions. LOL

I saw myself today that you made an RWO mission yourself which I have to check out asap. But as I said I first need to finish the other campaign. I'm dragging the update for more than over 1 year now and I need to finish it because I owe that to all the people who have contributed and especially the voice actors. I will download your mission this evening when back home and give it a go as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback and playing.

Gruß

nettrucker

@ tom3kb

Hello Tom

I hope you're doing alright mate. Well don't take it for granted. The campaign was originally an idea of Texkaz. Kommiekat and myself contributed with some missions to help him out but Texkaz was supposed to bear the brunt of editing the missions and making the campaign. I don't know for being honest if he will finish it or not. That remains to be seen. You did quite a lot of campaigns yourself and you know how much of work it is to get it done and finish it. The main point is to finish it which is the biggest obstacle in my opinion.

All the best

Edited by nettrucker
added comment

Hello Mathias

Hello Tom

I hope you're doing alright mate. Well don't take it for granted. The campaign was originally an idea of Texkaz. Kommiekat and myself contributed with some missions to help him out but Texkaz was supposed to bear the brunt of editing the missions and making the campaign. I don't know for being honest if he will finish it or not. That remains to be seen. You did quite a lot of campaigns yourself and you know how much of work it is to get it done and finish it. The main point is to finish it which is the biggest obstacle in my opinion.

All the best

Yes, with me Is everything okay. I'm now working on a mission pack for CSLA mod (i want to make 10-20 misssions, later i will try to make campaign for CSLA) ;)

Yes, with me Is everything okay. I'm now working on a mission pack for CSLA mod (i want to make 10-20 misssions, later i will try to make campaign for CSLA) ;)

wow that sounds really awesome. I love the CSLA MOD, which is of top notch quality since the first version of CSLA which was released for OFP. Well good luck with your project.

All the best

@ tom3kb

Hello Tom

.......................The campaign was originally an idea of Texkaz. ..................... The main point is to finish it which is the biggest obstacle in my opinion.

All the best

I think maybe he is waiting for the last 2.6 upgrade for UNSUNG as well..........Perhaps I shall contact him soon.

Anyways, WayneGrey was a fun mission. Thanks for your hard work on this and the RWO contribution you made.

I'm still in Thailand, but I got my nice HeadSet hear as well. If you need voice, let me know.......cheers!

I think maybe he is waiting for the last 2.6 upgrade for UNSUNG as well..........Perhaps I shall contact him soon.

Anyways, WayneGrey was a fun mission. Thanks for your hard work on this and the RWO contribution you made.

I'm still in Thailand, but I got my nice HeadSet hear as well. If you need voice, let me know.......cheers!

Hello Kommiekat

I will definitely contact you when I will improve it and when I start with the voice acting. It shouldn't be as much work as Hammer of Thor. I counted roughly some 500 custom speech and radio sounds for the 16 missions. Wayne Grey has only 4 missions and the voice acting to do is a lot less than HOT. I'm finishing HOT last test run to figure flaws and bugs and it will be ready for release.

cheers

Fourth Mission: Ammo Low

This one is as hectic as the third mission and well made as well. Unfortunately I was not able to end it - after finding 2 ammo boxes and combing the marker circle multiple times the mission did not end as the objective would not tick off. It would be very helpful to state the number of ammo boxes in the briefing or maybe have the rest of them being discovered by other squadmates if there are more.

Other than that, this is an excellent campaign and I need to keep an eye open for Hammer of Thor.

Hello Mathias

duly noted. I will have to modify the ending trigger condition. Thanks for pointing that one out. This is a game breaking flaw for which I apologize. :couch:

Thanks for letting me know I will correct this in the new update. There are actually 3 ammo crates to be found to end the mission if I recall correctly.

Thank you very much for playing and giving feedback it will help me to improve the campaign in the next update. I already made a list of what must be corrected especially the medic bug in the first mission gives me some gripes.

all the best

Edited by nettrucker