Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

[SP Camp] Operation Wayne Grey - Unsung MOD [RWO] version 1.0

Hey, no problem at all nettrucker and thanks for the Campaign.

No problems or errors at all and it's running nice and smooth.

Good to hear that and thanks for playing and giving feedback.

You know when you create a mission and you test it for yourself there might be some bugs you simply don't come across. Every player has his own approach to tackling the mission objectives and they do things which won't pass your mind.

So if there are no major game breaking bugs and the mission ends properly than I'm already glad. The fine tuning is still about to come. I already started to fix some minor things. I hope that the 2nd Mission isn't to boring because there's a lot of humping in the valleys. sometimes it happened that in first 15 minutes you won't make contact at all. I didn't overdo the patrols. I like the atmosphere the 2nd mission has . . . It's dark . . . visibility is reduced but somehow it keeps me on the toes nonetheless. :)

Thanks for your hard work on these missions they are GREAT!~!! Loving them Thanks nettrucker! You sure do know about your NAM history!

Thanks for your hard work on these missions they are GREAT!~!! Loving them Thanks nettrucker! You sure do know about your NAM history!

Hello carzyquick

thanks to you for playing. I'm still taking notes what I can improve and I'm already changing a couple of things and some minor fixes. I'm glad you like it.

cheers

:)

Yay, another mission for Unsung... looking foward and thanks!

EDIT: In the package, the .pbo needs to be one level upwards in order to have it run [at least applies for Arma Beta]...

EDIT2: Ah, people already talked about.

Edited by tortuosit

Yay, another mission for Unsung... looking foward and thanks!

Hi tortuosit

you are very much welcome. Hope you gonna like it.

Cheers :)

Just started playing.

Small feedback:

1st mission:

setidentity not working for player we play with our ingame nick,

there is something wrong with bis first aid module (maybe not working to good with Unsung), almost all my teammates was wounded but i can heal only some of them(i have icon/option that i can heal but i can't do anything),

i think all messages with white text should be radio messages.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 PM ----------

2nd mission:

setidentity not working/not set to player unit.

Ps: nice cutscenes with good music. :)

Just started playing but i really like this campaign.

Nettrucker, once again a Youtube video which cannot be watched in Germany:

@ tom

Thanks I gonna look into these issues.

@ tortuosit

It's due to the fact that I used a song from Jimi Hendrix which is copyrighted material therefore they are blocking the video. Unfortunately there's nothing that I can do about. Sorry.

BTW the video is the intro of the first mission so you can see it when playing the mission.

cheers

Edited by nettrucker

@nettrucker

I checked few soldiers from Unsung with bis first aid module in editor and all was ok, no problems with healing.

So this was probably some strange bug on my side.

@nettrucker

I checked few soldiers from Unsung with bis first aid module in editor and all was ok, no problems with healing.

So this was probably some strange bug on my side.

thanks as always for your feedback. Man I still haven't learned the setIdentity stuff. All missions will most likely have the setIdentity error. For being honest I encountered the thing with the first aid modules myself a couple of times after getting shot and had to revert the flaw was gone and I could heal as always. I'm still doing some minor modification for the time being. I can't use my solid working method with radio communications since UNSUNG has them disabled. You gotta be close to a radio operator. Still haven't figured out everything about this MOD. So I gotta try to find a workaround for the time being.

In any case thanks for your feedback it's always amazing if there are flaws you find them. :)

What's the confusion around setIdentity? I am quite comfortable with this technique and can help if you would like-- you just need to define your identities in a cfgIdentities section of your Description.ext file. Each class entry within cfgIdentities defines a name for the unit to be displayed in dialogs, etc., face, glasses, speaker (Male01TK, Male01_BAF, etc), voice pitch (a value generally between 0.90 and 1.1) then use the classname you define for each identity as the one you use for setIdentity in the unit's init field (it would be unitName1 setIdentity "John_Doe"; with the entry below for example).

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

class CfgIdentities
{
class John_Doe
{
	name="John Bartholemew Doe";
	face="Face20";
	glasses="None";
	speaker="Dan";
	pitch=1.1;
};
};

The one thing I noticed did not seem to be carrying through to UNSUNG mod was the glasses field of identity entries in cfgIdentities, though I'm not sure how this has changed with the final update, nor whether the disconnect has widened since that update or not.

Edited by h34dup

@nettrucker

I forgot that units from Unsung in most cases dont have "itemradio". So you can leave white text as radio messages, its not a problem (i only think that standard radio "blue" text looks better :)). You can add itemradio to players unit and to soldier that is "HQ" and now you should use radio messages without problems.

What's the confusion around setIdentity? I am quite comfortable with this technique and can help if you would like-- you just need to define your identities in a cfgIdentities section of your Description.ext file. Each class entry within cfgIdentities defines a name for the unit to be displayed in dialogs, etc., face, glasses, speaker (Male01TK, Male01_BAF, etc), voice pitch (a value generally between 0.90 and 1.1) then use the classname you define for each identity as the one you use for setIdentity in the unit's init field (it would be unitName1 setIdentity "John_Doe"; with the entry below for example).

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext

class CfgIdentities
{
class John_Doe
{
	name="John Bartholemew Doe";
	face="Face20";
	glasses="None";
	speaker="Dan";
	pitch=1.1;
};
};

The one thing I noticed did not seem to be carrying through to UNSUNG mod was the glasses field of identity entries in cfgIdentities, though I'm not sure how this has changed with the final update, nor whether the disconnect has widened since that update or not.

Yes definitely I would like to fix that. I have compiled the cfgIdentity for the campaign description ext as well as in every single mission description ext. I will post the evening the cfg identities from my description ext. I'm at work now therefore I'm unable to post that right away.

@nettrucker

I forgot that units from Unsung in most cases dont have "itemradio". So you can leave white text as radio messages, its not a problem (i only think that standard radio "blue" text looks better :)). You can add itemradio to players unit and to soldier that is "HQ" and now you should use radio messages without problems.

I haven't a clear idea yet on how to proceed with the radio communications. I gonna figure that out when it comes to get it voice acted.

cheers :)

I know what is wrong with setidentity. For example you have unit with name ap1 in editor and in init you write:

ap1 setidentity "Tom Jenkins" but in description your class has name ap1. So you should write in your case:

ap1 setidentity "ap1".

Ps: i dont know if using the same names as unit name in editor and later as class is the best method, maybe this could make some problems but im not sure.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Mission 3: all text messages are shown on screen very short time, 1-2 sec.

I know what is wrong with setidentity. For example you have unit with name ap1 in editor and in init you write:

ap1 setidentity "Tom Jenkins" but in description your class has name ap1. So you should write in your case:

ap1 setidentity "ap1".

Ps: i dont know if using the same names as unit name in editor and later as class is the best method, maybe this could make some problems but im not sure.

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Mission 3: all text messages are shown on screen very short time, 1-2 sec.

hello tom

Yeah I shortened the text of the radio messages too much it's already on my to do list. Well sometimes I'm in need to name the player for mission purposesand assigning a variable.

I gonna retry to fix that this evening. Thanks for your feedback tom which is very much appreciated. :)

Your unit name and your identity class names should be different, duplicate variables will definitely cause issues. Even idap1 would work for id and you could keep your unit naming convention intact.

Ok now I got it . . . . what stupid. :o Thanks . . . setIdentity fixed in all missions.

@ Tom

Can you remember if it was the mission or was it intro or outro?

thanks for your help guys.

It was in mission not in cutscenes.

OK thanks. I gonna check now if my corrections work as they suppose to.

cheers

Just finished this Campaign!

First, thanks for doing a RWO release. I hope others will be inspired to make RWO missions from your influence from such a fun campaign.

1st mission:

That was hectic like hell. I mean that in a good way. Playing as a medic, was really busy healing teammates and watching my ass at the same time.

Had to pick a good and safe time to heal others. Nicely done. Seemed realistic enough to me!

2nd mission:

It was a long long march like you said but also something one would have expected. long boring marches in the night, can't see worth a damn then BINGO! Ambush.

Ambushes were very well placed. I tended to find myself up front with the leader, because I wanted in on the action, and that I got.

3rd mission:

Still getting through the third mission and enjoiying every moment of it.

Thanks for the hard work!

Your cinematics are masterful! The music in the second mission, CREEPY! It fit in very well.

Next time I go to Vietnam, I'm going to take my wife and go on a hike in the jungle, with that music playing.........Muahahahaha!

Hello Kommiekat

thanks for playing and giving feedback. i'm glad you like it. Well it was my first attempt to portrait a real life event for ArmA I've never done that before. I was trying to reproduce it at my best of capabilities. The second mission Rescue Alpha has quite a claustrophobic feeling mostly due to the "creepy" music and I hope that it wasn't too boring. LOL.

cheers

Hi nettrucker

Very nice work, thank you!

I especially liked the second mission - like Kommiekat I went ahead (fortunately an AI team-mate tagged along) & had great fun. It's a while since I played ArmA (me sick then PC sick - PC terminal, me not). I didn't think a night mission with no NVGs would be fun, but it was, hugely so. It's a long while since I had the sort of startle response / adrenalin rush that some of the ambushes produced. Excellent design :D

Gave me impetus to make a mission loosely based on the Dac To account in the UNS manual. Also I'll probably appropriate mission 2 (for my private play only, ofc) & make an SP standalone with more enemies with random start positions, me leading an LRRP team.

Cheers

Orc

Hi Orcinus

Thanks . . . very much appreciated I'm glad you liked it. Sorry to hear about the terminal state of your PC important that you're ok. LOL :D

I was lucky that the mission date of the second mission was on full moon. Otherwise it would have been impossible to get the mission done. Without moon the nights are pitch black and then it's really no fun anymore considering also that the mission is quite long. I was really lucky in that circumstance.

I did not overuse the patrols but that is a design choice. The walk is really long and the ambushes are not too often which adds a bit of surprise when they happen . . . especially after a long and boring (or maybe tense) walk. It depends with what attitude you are playing this mission. Maybe you get not a lot to shoot at but after the initial mission that should be a welcome change. LOL :) I believe that I leave the amount of patrols as it is for this mission.

Gotta refresh my memories on DAC TO. Excellent looking forward to your mission then. Let me know when you are about to release it.

Thanks for your feedback

cheers :)

Hello guys and gals. This is my first post here so hi to all of you! I'm into ArmA for a while and I'd like to thank this awesome community for its H-U-G-E and great, high-quality output! Also thanks to nettrucker for this campaign and all his other great stuff and the whole RWO staff. I can't wait for new output! What a great concept. Sorry in advance for bad grammar since english is not my mother tounge. My grammar also decreases when I am very excited about something ;)

I ran into many bugs while playing the ArmA-series - as everybody I guess :) But I've allways been able to erase them somehow. But I have never seen such strange bugs as in Operation Wayne Grey and I have no idea what causes them. So I am still stuck in the first mission. I started the first mission many times. The first two problems only appear sometimes.

- loud radio all the time

- dramatic radio messages ("we're getting shot to bits") allthough there is no enemy contact yet. (I don't mean the talking that comes with UNSUNG and is there always. I mean the scripted talking (text) that belongs to OP Wayne Grey)

These bug kill the athomsphere a bit but they don't prevent me from going on in the mission. But here are the bugs that REALLY made me crazy. Restarting the mission does not erase them.

- I can't heal every soldier. At the beginning, I am able to heal all wounded soldiers. But after a while I'm only able to heal soldiers who are standing or kneeling. Wounded robbing soldiers are not healable. At this point it is also not possible to drag them aynmore. Thanks to the other medics that my whole teams wasn't erased.

- I kept trying to heal and drag them and this happened: I clicked "drag" and nothing happens. I am shooting some rounds into the jungle and suddenly my charakter goes into the dragging position but is not dragging the other guy. On the contrary and more weird: the wounded guy is robbing around and draggs ME with HIM and I am unable to get away. So after minutes of him dragging me around he dies and I am still stuck to the corpse. Some minutes later, my chararkter does his healing motions into nowhere and I am able to walk around normaly again.

What the hell is going on here? Do you have any idea what causes this weird bugs?

- small EDIT: the campaign is listed two times in the in-game menu. No problem here but its strange.

Edited by CYHFC