l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

I have a problem when using Speed Of Sound V2 with VTS Weapon Resting. It says the mod is being initialized but I can not use it. As soon as I disable SOS it works again. Any idea on how to fix this?

I cannot get this working. After missionlaunch he says initlized but if i press CTRG + Space nothing happend. I dont forget to put the stuff into the userconfig folder as well for the keybindings.

I cannot get this working. After missionlaunch he says initlized but if i press CTRG + Space nothing happend. I dont forget to put the stuff into the userconfig folder as well for the keybindings.
Bet its another mod, that is stealing your key combo. Set your key choice to just one key, like H or delete...etc

Bet its another mod, that is stealing your key combo. Set your key choice to just one key, like H or delete...etc

tried that too, i used the key for the mp statistics "P" but before i did that i removed it from the arma key binding so it is now a free key (restarted arma of course too!). But nothing happen ??? :-(

I use this Mods:

- Flashbang

- cTab

- F-18 Super Hornet

- Task Force Radio

- C-130

- Boeing/SOAR MH-47E

- Instant View Distance Addon

Edited by Clawhammer

This mod isnt loading up after the latest update.. It use to say at mission start. "VTS_resting enabled"( something like that). I no longer get that message when missions start. Keybinds have always been ctl+space, and never had any issues.

How can I change the Keys to use this as on my gamepad i use Left Ctrl for laying down.

Edit: NVM Found it

Edited by mech79

since CBA update from today, the weapon resting isn't working anymore... could anybody have look at that? tnx in advance cause it't such a nice and handy mod!!!!!!

since CBA update from today, the weapon resting isn't working anymore... could anybody have look at that? tnx in advance cause it't such a nice and handy mod!!!!!!

Works perfectly fine for me.

It's not even CBA dependent since the last update, which has been done long time ago.

As there are no CBA-Requirements in VTS_Weaponresting:

Is there a script only version of the mod? I would like to include it in a wasteland-mission for all users.

We already added the signatures for the addon version some weeks ago. But most users do not use the addon version and therefore are in a disadvantage against the ones using it.

In an effort to provide a level playing field I would like to enable the weapon resting feature for all users connecting to the server.

Is this somehow possible?

hey guys im having heaps of trouble trying to get this to work, i must be missing something small idk - just got the game and would love if someone could give me a hand my steam is 88hp add me if ur willing to help a noob out =)

if its not working its because either the mod folder is not structured right or you have not put the USERCONFIG in the right place. the problem i was having recently was because, somehow my userconfig folder got wiped out... and i had to add all the mods userconfig folders back into it.....

extracted files to desktop

Addons - moved contents of this folder to - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons

Keys - moved contents of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Keys

there were 3 other files within the Addon folder that i downloaded - Readme, mod/cpp, mod.caa - unsure what i am supposed to do with these

second folder was named [userconfig] - userconfig\vts_weaponresting - first i tried to copy the file - "vts_weaponresting_config.hpp" to the addon folder that didnt work then i tried to copy it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3" and that didnt work

folders with the arma 3 dolder include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3"

_CommonRedist

Addons

BattlEye

Campaigns

Curator

DirectX

Dll

Dta

Kart

Keys

Launcher

Missions

MPMissions

***vts_weaponresting - which i copied across and i assume is completely wrong as

Error im getting is "incude file userconfig\vts_weaponresting\vts_weaponresting_config.hppnot found"

i hope this helps, i did make up an image but am not able to share on forums as i havnt been member long enough. it showed everything i did as i did it it's on imageshack https ://imageshack.com/i/p18G9lFep - just get rid of spaces between http and it should work, thanks very much for the help i really appreciate it

extracted files to desktop

Addons - moved contents of this folder to - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons

Keys - moved contents of this folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Keys

there were 3 other files within the Addon folder that i downloaded - Readme, mod/cpp, mod.caa - unsure what i am supposed to do with these

second folder was named [userconfig] - userconfig\vts_weaponresting - first i tried to copy the file - "vts_weaponresting_config.hpp" to the addon folder that didnt work then i tried to copy it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3" and that didnt work

folders with the arma 3 dolder include "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3"

_CommonRedist

Addons

BattlEye

Campaigns

Curator

DirectX

Dll

Dta

Kart

Keys

Launcher

Missions

MPMissions

***vts_weaponresting - which i copied across and i assume is completely wrong as

Error im getting is "incude file userconfig\vts_weaponresting\vts_weaponresting_config.hppnot found"

i hope this helps, i did make up an image but am not able to share on forums as i havnt been member long enough. it showed everything i did as i did it it's on imageshack https ://imageshack.com/i/p18G9lFep - just get rid of spaces between http and it should work, thanks very much for the help i really appreciate it

Then you'd better delete the whole stuff again and do it again like this:

0. Read the installation instructions on the page where you downloaded this mod. Alternatively you could try the very first post of this very thread. It's all explained there.

1. Create a folder inside of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\ called @VTS_Weaponresting, so that you have a folder like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@VTS_Weaponresting\.

2. Copy all the downloaded files to this folder, so that this folder exists: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@VTS_Weaponresting\AddOns\

3. Copy the userconfig\-folder from your download into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\

4. Read the installation instructions on the page where you downloaded this mod again. Alternatively you could try the very first post of this very thread. It's all explained there.

thanks very much that worked a treat!, going to mess about with rebinding it now, thanks again!! :bounce3:

You can use it in mp by asking the serveradmin / owner to put the vts-key on his server.

If you want to try it out in mp, feel free to join the [HUD] server usually playing domination

or invade & annex ip 91.100.101.163:2802.

The VTS mod itself dont need to be running on the server, only the key allowing the clients

to join with the mod needs to be on the server.

I just realized what doesn't work in this wonderful mod - If you are in a stance adjustment posture, and you rest your weapon, and try to move a bit, the weapon gets un-rested and your stance rests to your base posture (crouch, stand or prone).

L etranger, can you confirm? If my observation is correct, is there anyway you can fix that?

@Variable : Yes unfortunately when I created the mod, switching the player to a stance adjustement was locking him in the anim state without escape. I don't know if BIS has fixed this since.

@Variable : Yes unfortunately when I created the mod, switching the player to a stance adjustement was locking him in the anim state without escape. I don't know if BIS has fixed this since.

Daium :)

I hope you'll have the time and interest to have a look and see if it's fixed. Thanks for this great addon!

This is amongst the few mods our group can't do without :) if there is one thing to improve it; it would be the ability to manually dismount the weapon without having to move.

Hello guys. I have the following problem.

I've installed a lot of Mods. It worked a lot of the time. Now, since one day, I have the following problem:

[bIS_fnc_activateAddons] The function can be activated only during the mission init :butbut:

What is it and how I can get this away?

Thank you for answers,

AlchemistGamer

hey etranger we would like permission and possibly some help to turn your vts script into server side so that only the server needs to have it so that you dont have to download the addon to use it any help would be appreciated