l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

I cannot get this to work in the server I want to go to. It keeps saying the mod is not signed by a key accepted by the server. I have never had this problem before, so why is the mod not working?

I cannot get this to work in the server I want to go to. It keeps saying the mod is not signed by a key accepted by the server. I have never had this problem before, so why is the mod not working?

The server you are trying to join has signature verifying enabled. Without it enabled people could easily load potentially unwanted mods, such as cheats. If you want to use this mod on that server you'll have to ask the owner to add the bikey file.

I wouldn't need to if BIS added a bipod to this military "simulator". Trying to snipe very long distances without this mod is painful and unrealistic. If you are prone you would flip out the bipod and have a stable aim and not having it waaaavvving up and waaaavvving down and wavvvvviiiiing to the sides requiring you to hold your breath to try and get the aim over the target to be able to find, then having your aim be ten times worse until you catch your breath. I cannot believe this has not been resolved.

They added submersible vehicles, range finders that can tell compass bearings, mobile artillery yet they neglect bipods for sniper rifles and LMG? You need a functional bipod.

So myself and a friend are experiencing a weird issue with VTS Weapon Resting. We keep getting banned from our server. It comes up an error on the VTS weapon resting files. I do not know the exact file, as it does not tell me what is happening, only people in the server can see the exact reason. Any thoughts or ideas on how this issue is happening?

Aside from the reason that BIS don't bother to include a bi-pod so we don't need third party mods that get us kicked and banned from servers? Not a clue.

An Update, after doing some testing we found that a player was getting banned from this line: Player [bP] PG. Meatus: Wrong signature for file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 3\@VTS_weaponresting\VTS_weaponesting.pbo

We have had him reinstall the addon multiple times, we have done testing to ensure that no other mod is causing it. It is JUST VTS_weapon resting. Any solutions or work arounds?

An Update, after doing some testing we found that a player was getting banned from this line: Player [bP] PG. Meatus: Wrong signature for file. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 3\@VTS_weaponresting\VTS_weaponesting.pbo

We have had him reinstall the addon multiple times, we have done testing to ensure that no other mod is causing it. It is JUST VTS_weapon resting. Any solutions or work arounds?

If you copy-pasted it, you could've seen the problem already: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Arma 3\@VTS_weaponresting\VTS_weaponesting.pbo

But that aside: Has your server turned verifySignatures on and if yes, is it set to 1 or 2? Have you put vts_key.bikey into the keys folder of your server? Have you got vts_weaponresting.pbo AND vts_weaponresting.pbo.vts_key.bisign in your @vts_weaponresting\addOns\-folder?

Something I have noticed is that you can't rest your weapon if you're remote controlling a unit as Zeus. Is this fixable?

Is there a way for your stance not to be reset when you move away from the thing you were resting on?

Very new at ArmA, but i've immediately found very strange the absence of a working bipod in the game... thanks L etranger for this mod, but as many of you said, shouldn't this be one of the first features to develop in regards of rifles...?

Is it possible to change the default keybinding?

Yeah, just edit vts_weaponresting_config.hpp. Instructions are inline. :)

Yeah, just edit vts_weaponresting_config.hpp. Instructions are inline. :)

Thanks found it, almost downloaded 150mb JDK and then some other oracle editor thing...then found out you can just edit the notepad :p

How do I set the deploy key to only Tab. I tried using the key code 14 and setting ctrl to false. I just want the tab key to handle the deploying. Also is it possible to remove the icon indicator?

Edited by Emton

How do I set the deploy key to only Tab. I tried using the key code 14 and setting ctrl to false. I just want the tab key to handle the deploying. Also is it possible to remove the icon indicator?

Just modify what you need inside the vts_weaponresting_config.hpp (in your userconfig folder) .

It should work.

Just modify what you need inside the vts_weaponresting_config.hpp (in your userconfig folder) .

It should work.

I couldn't get it to work. Whats the key code for Tab key (US keyboard) and should the key work by itself when I set shift, ctrl and alt to false? Also I would like it better if I didn't have the icon indicator.

Edit: Ok I found out the keycode is 15. And please make a way to hide the icon, I don't need to see it as I can hear the sound and the screen shakes when you deploy.

Edited by Emton

After the update VTS causes a weird glitch in singleplayer only.

Whether rested or not, only every other shot has recoil. This is extremely uncomfortable and disorienting.

For instance, full auto makes a weird bucking, inconsistent recoil and in semi auto every other shot doesn't move.

Any plans on doing a Script version of this? Would love having this in my mission Co-op mission!

After the update VTS causes a weird glitch in singleplayer only.

Whether rested or not, only every other shot has recoil. This is extremely uncomfortable and disorienting.

For instance, full auto makes a weird bucking, inconsistent recoil and in semi auto every other shot doesn't move.

This is probably due to the changes to weapon inertia values in the 1.22 update. I noticed similar things happening with VTS enabled and disabled.

This is probably due to the changes to weapon inertia values in the 1.22 update. I noticed similar things happening with VTS enabled and disabled.

Never understood why BIS add in changes to Stable Branch that are incomplete. That is what DEV is for.

Hey guys, I've been successfully using this addon for a few days now, but today, it stopped working. It still loads the plugin because I can see the logo on the home screen. I was in the editor's function viewer while in-game and when I found that opening the function viewer causes the addon to initialize after I close the function viewer. I also noticed that the function for this addons waits for "BIS_fnc_init" to return true before starting, so maybe opening the function viewer while in-game causes that string to produce the true value needed for this addon? Regardless, I take it the issue is on my end, as it works when I make that string become true. So can anyone provide me a replacement event I could put in for "BIS_fnc_init" such as something that takes place when I load into a mission?

Also: I found that when I first start up Arma 3, this pops up at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure it relates to this addon, but it's there -

"[bIS_fnc_activateaddons] The function can be activated only during mission init"

PS: If you haven't noticed, I'm very new to all of this, so I may be entirely wrong in how I've gone about this. So bear with me, I'm doing my best to learn :D

Edited by TaskForce357
Additional Information

Hey guys, I've been successfully using this addon for a few days now, but today, it stopped working. It still loads the plugin because I can see the logo on the home screen. I was in the editor's function viewer while in-game and when I found that opening the function viewer causes the addon to initialize after I close the function viewer. I also noticed that the function for this addons waits for "BIS_fnc_init" to return true before starting, so maybe opening the function viewer while in-game causes that string to produce the true value needed for this addon? Regardless, I take it the issue is on my end, as it works when I make that string become true. So can anyone provide me a replacement event I could put in for "BIS_fnc_init" such as something that takes place when I load into a mission?

Also: I found that when I first start up Arma 3, this pops up at the bottom of the screen. I'm not sure it relates to this addon, but it's there -

"[bIS_fnc_activateaddons] The function can be activated only during mission init"

PS: If you haven't noticed, I'm very new to all of this, so I may be entirely wrong in how I've gone about this. So bear with me, I'm doing my best to learn :D

When u load into a mission you need to use the mod "Moduload" to reinitialize your plugins ;)

When u load into a mission you need to use the mod "Moduload" to reinitialize your plugins ;)

Thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try. If it works, my 9GB multiplayer modpack is complete! Regardless, here's a graphical demonstration of your help today:

…_|\____________________,,

../`–||||||||————————)< ==-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=--D (Mod Problems)

…),—.(_(__) / -

..// (\) ),—-â€.’

.//___//

/`—-’ /

____ /

Edit: Still no luck, the VTS_weaponresting was not reinitialized when I used Moduload, but all of my other mods were. I still have the addon properly installed, so I'm not sure why it would be ignored by Moduload.

Edited by TaskForce357
Update