l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

Release 05:

-Removed CBA requirement

-Addon now compatible with singleplayer save & reload

You're a hero!

Having an issue where the crosshair bounces up after crawling with resting on.

Only using weapon resting addon here for testing purposes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TOPqHInpK8

At about 2seconds in the video it shows another issue.

Every time I rest or "unrest" the weapon by moving, the whole screen blinks.

It doesn't get picked up all the time when I record @ 30fps though.

Any thoughts?

Anyone else haveing a strange issue with this updated version... now when running VTS_Weaponrest my game will crash randomly after a mission starts.. in SP or in MP / on a Dedi server.

when i removed vts_weponrest and i dont get any more crashing.

Ill be looking into it just wanted to ask if anyone else is haveing this issue

There is a MAJOR BUG when running VTS and the peral a10c

The above combination will force you to crouch at random intervals

All it takes is for you to have both mods loaded, no a10 has to be spawned in the game for the bug to occur.

Please look into what's causing this

i can confirm that the latest update crashes my game with in seconds of launching a mission. I used PlayWithSix to revert to the last version. and no crashing. Something is amiss with the latest version of weaponrest.

ive downloaded the newest version of vts weapon resting and it doesnt work anymore. i was using an old version and i decided to update and now simply nothing happens... have already deleted the old version so i cant install it again... and i dont know what to do about this... or when was the release of the 05 version?

L etranger,

I believe I found a possible bug: I had begun work on a mission, and place several static bag fences. They were on a hill so I added calls to the setvectorup function in the init of the fortifications like so:

this setvectorup [0,0,1];

I think this caused issues with the weapon resting system, as I could not deploy my weapon on the bag fences (or anywhere else for that matter). They bag fences with the calls to setvectorup were the only static objects on the map initially. Very infrequently, weapon resting would work, so this isn't a totally reliable way to reproduce the issue. I can provide you with a mission that creates the issue very reliably if you have trouble.

i can confirm that the latest update crashes my game with in seconds of launching a mission. I used PlayWithSix to revert to the last version. and no crashing. Something is amiss with the latest version of weaponrest.

I can conform as well that this mod crashes my game after launching a mission

For crash : do you start a new mission or resume one ? You should check the rtp to find the issue I think

@dogjones : The mod check for collision, so if an object have collision issue after a command. It's more a BIS issue

Edited by L etranger

Well, honestly i never really checked the userconfig in detail, it looked the same as the old one. and maybe i missed reading where it said to replace old config with the new one. However. I have updated back to the latest version and pulled the userconfig to the main folder. and i do NOT get crashing anymore...

hmm.

Thanks kklown.

and if i haven't said it already, Thanks L etranger for the mod!!

Was this mod broken by the latest CBA update?

Works fine for me after CBA update.

The 05 release of the addon has a broken .bisign signature (it does not pass a DSCheckSignatures.exe check)

X:\@VTS_Weaponresting> dschecksignatures addons Keys
Signature addons\vts_weaponresting.pbo.vts_key.bisign is wrong

Edited by Killswitch

Is there any way to make it a bit more realistic? It seems right now, mounting your weapon turns it into a laser gun. With an AKM, I can hit a man sized target in fully automatic fire at 300 yards.

stupid question : it's correct that vts is only started by client and is not need to start on dedi ?? :icon_rolleyes:

stupid question : it's correct that vts is only started by client and is not need to start on dedi ?? :icon_rolleyes:

That's correct. You don't need to have VTS running on the server, just on the client using it.

I've been using VTS SWR for a while now and I can't imagine playing without it. I got one suggestion: Would be possible to keep the weapon rested while you change stances (as long as the regular conditions apply of course)?

I've been using VTS SWR for a while now and I can't imagine playing without it. I got one suggestion: Would be possible to keep the weapon rested while you change stances (as long as the regular conditions apply of course)?

Should already be the case.

Is there any way to make it a bit more realistic? It seems right now, mounting your weapon turns it into a laser gun. With an AKM, I can hit a man sized target in fully automatic fire at 300 yards.

Well all weapon are their own recoil and sway. The mod as been calibrated for A3 standard.

use this mod as standard. great work. thanks again!

one question, to visually tie in the bipod action would you consider adding asdg joint rail compatability?

also i agree that it does make certain weapons more accurate than they have any rigth to be but that i can over look as i use this mostly for sniper rifles which do deserve to be accurate,

Hi, please, how to uninstall the mod completely? I removed the mod folder and the user config file but, when I'm playing with DUWS scenario, the game is still trying to initialize the mod.

Edit : I tried using a savegame, with a new game it's fine ...

Edited by Olivier02

Edit : I tried using a savegame, with a new game it's fine ...

Yep, anytime you remove a mod from the load-line your saved games will not load.

One tactic I use while comparing different mods (e.g., currently I'm comparing asr_aiA3 with bcombat) is to create a different profile (copy & paste the profilename.cfg contents so you don't have to reset all the keys, etc) and play the same missions with the different mod(s).

Oh, and welcome to the forums :)

I have seen where the VTS weapon resting is in the mission and players don't need the mod..how is that done..Ive taken apart one of the missions but cant seem to figure out how its done.

I add the folder and a line in the init.sqf "ExecVM "vts_weaponresting\init.sqf";" with out the quoates but when I load the mission to preview it it just keeps initializing and doesn't stop.

I am wanting to add this to a modded Domination mission.

Any help would be great.

Diesel