l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

I only tried in the editor... is there a reason it should not work there?

also what is CBA?

from the OP:

It requires CBA for Arma 3.

Installation :

-Extract both folder into your Arma 3 installation.

-Launch arma with the shortcut -mod=@CBA_A3;@VTS_weaponresting

the addon will not function without CBA.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha

Thanks for the help. But it still doesn't work :(

-CBA is installed (icon appears on the main menu)

-VTS is installed

-I bound the action to WINL (220) through the userconfig file

I go into the editor, try it on objects or when prone and nothing happens :/

I had the same problem and than I found that holding down Ctrl and space bar would make my weapon rest .....if the icon is available to rest that weapon.

Those are default controls.

You can change the controls for it in the userconfig, i have mine set to only the space bar.

The icon wont showup til your around a surface to rest on, be it a window sill, door opening, stone wall, or the ground, then you press

your control and the icon will show, icon is only an indicator that your weapon is rested.

I just tried this mod today for the first time, and it works great. Lightweight, simple to use, great functionality. Has anyone seen any unwanted side effects in using VTS+CBA on official showcases and campaigns? Or in any other situation?

Congratulations and thanks to L etranger (and CBA team).

OMAC: in SP missions VTS will occasionally fail to initialize if you use the load game function. This behaviour is intermittent and as you may be aware a common complaint associated with CBA~

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for that.

BTW, is there a similar weapon resting mod for Arma 2 CO other than full ACE? As weapon sway is much less pronounced in A2, I have never needed it, but...

Edited by OMAC

BTW, is there a similar weapon resting mod for Arma 2 CO other than full ACE?

No there is not, at least none that I have found, and I have compiled most if not all gameplay features into my warmod series mods namely COWarMod for Arma2CO.

We should keep on topic here as this is for Arma3 and specific to VTS.

What I'd like to know is how can i tweak vts so that it completely eliminates weapon sway, as i find that with vts there still a small fight to get your sites on target, especially and most specifically sniping.

To me and i would think most people, if your gun is resting, sitting rather on an object, then how is it possible that it is moving?

It shouldn't as you are not trying to stabilize the weapon....because its resting, so i think VTS needs an update, my weapon shouldn't be moving.

Unless you just got done running and breathing heavier then normal, or leaped over a fence and then go to aim at a solder, then i can see your sites moving on you, but...

when you are relaxed and stable, even prone how is it even possible for that gun to move? You should have complete authority over the guns movement when the gun's

weight and most if not all of the gun's body is positioned securely, so unless your 80+ years old and have the shakes I dont see how the sites are still moving.

Günter: You can use VTS_WeaponResting in conjunction with VZ_Steadyshot and tweak the sway out of the config. Personally when I tried it and it made marksmanship too easy. The A3 sway behavior is vastly inferior to the twitching you get in A2.

I'm trying to set Tab as the weapoon resting key, but it doesn't seem to work. I run CBA and this is my config:

// Here you can change the key combination used to rest your weapon
// Available key code can be found at : 
// [url]https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ListOfKeyCodes[/url]
// By default 57  = space
#define VTS_WEAPONRESTING_KEY [color=#ff0000][b]15 [/b][/color]
// Define any combinaison only "true" or "false" below
// so if you want to use the "space + shift" shortcut then just set VTS_WEAPONRESTING_SHIFT to true
#define VTS_WEAPONRESTING_SHIFT false
#define VTS_WEAPONRESTING_CTRL true
#define VTS_WEAPONRESTING_ALT false

Am I doing anything wrong?

EDIT: Just realized I also need to change CTRL to false... :)

Edited by Variable

Hello

I think i found a little bug, when you reload a savegame, the mod don't work

but if you restart or begin a new mission it's work perfectly.

This bug appear only when you reload a savegame.

ps: I try just with CBA and VTS Weapon resting

cya and good work ;)

Hello

I think i found a little bug, when you reload a savegame, the mod don't work

but if you restart or begin a new mission it's work perfectly.

This bug appear only when you reload a savegame.

ps: I try just with CBA and VTS Weapon resting

cya and good work ;)

I can confirm this bug. Tested with official campaign missions with the following mods: Tao Foldmap, BaBe_midTex, JSRS, blastcore and blastcore tracers.

The problem might be with CBA, a few people have reported issues with save games not loading when CBA is active.

The problem might be with CBA, a few people have reported issues with save games not loading when CBA is active.

The saved game loads, just without the addon. It happens with other addons as well, since Arma 2, so yeah it might be CBA causing the issue.

The saved game loads, just without the addon. It happens with other addons as well, since Arma 2, so yeah it might be CBA causing the issue.

Yes it's true, the savegame reload very well.

But for CBA i'm not sure, because other mods works perfectly after a reload.

If L'etranger can see it and say it's a bug or CBA problem.

Cya and thanks :)

Release 05:

-Removed CBA requirement

-Addon now compatible with singleplayer save & reload

L etranger, there´s no link for the v.5 in the first page... just .4 and maybe an older version (the file dates back to may 2013 =P

Well the file on my host is up to date (same filename), just forgot to change the 04 to 05 in the first post :p

L etranger how did you fix the savegame issue? Was it related to CBA at all?

Hey Kju,

Save/Load issue with VTS weapon resting is not related to CBA. Since Arma3 we can directly run cfgfunctions on mission postinit (like CBA allowed on A2) so I'm using that method to keep addons dependency to the lower possible.

Save/Load issue with my addon is due to displayaddeventhandler on display 64 to be lost on reload, like cutscr states, although scripts runtime state and vars seems to be correctly save and reloaded. So I'm running a dummy cutscr which save its ID var on uinamespace, and checking in a loop when the variable is linking to a non existing display (ie when the mission has reloaded and cutscr is gone) to re-add the eventhandler on the display.

Thanks you very much L'etranger !!!!!!!

You're awesome !

Thanks a lot the details :)

its a bit too easy to rest the weapon. on every wall and tree. And you can mount every weapon. could be perhaps for weapon without tripod not so a big bonus on accuracy? Just an idea, makes tripot a bit obsolete. anyway, great mod!