l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

Hmm i been testing all three with out issue(WW_AI,TMR,VTS_rest). What was the issue?

Windwalking had overridden all other eventhandlers instead of adding to them in WWAI_menu. All sorted now with his latest version.

Ive been using a few mission ssandbox thing these days and stubled uppon your marvelous resting mod, sadly, when i load my game it isnt working anymore. I do have some knowledge in modding game ins general, but if you could just point me in the right direction how i could fix it that would be awesome.

Mission campaign sandbox thingy:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=173155826

In fact its anytime i reload a game no matter what... Thats sad....

Edited by jocan2003

Have we made any progress on this mod not needing to have a userconfig file?
Why would he do that? I like being able to select the key/keyset I want to use.

Why would he do that? I like being able to select the key/keyset I want to use.

I think Baskerville means not necessary to have the userconfig (i.e. just uses default) :) so you can have it either way.

I think Baskerville means not necessary to have the userconfig (i.e. just uses default) :) so you can have it either way.
really? Default what tho? Is there a default weapon rest ingame right now? Been running VTS-rest since Alpha, and now with TMR, so i haven't looked for a default wep-rest from Bis in the controls.

really? Default what tho? Is there a default weapon rest ingame right now? Been running VTS-rest since Alpha, and now with TMR, so i haven't looked for a default wep-rest from Bis in the controls.

I mean the default key combo for VTS weapon resting addon.

Well first of all Letranger, congratulations on your outstanding mod, it has become one of my must haves when playing ArmA 3. That said, I'm experiencing one problem with it: when I start a new mission it works like a charm, and if I have to reload a saved game from the mission itself i.e. I have died and reload, it still works fine. The problem comes when I save the game, exit ArmA and then I load the mission, now the weapon will refuse to deploy wherever. I have tried using the ArmA expansion submenu, using the -mod command line on steam and even launching it with PlayWithSix, always with the same results. I am also using CBA, TPW realism bundle and recently started using WWAI cover, but the results are the same no matter what mods I am using. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?

Hi F3n1xESP, it seems it is an issue with CBA_A3, it doesn´t recall the functions that enables the addons based on CBA, so they doesn´t load up on saved games... =/

Basically, everybody has this issue...

Ok thanks for your response Corporal_Lib. I've gone to TMR mod to get some sort of bipod/weapon resting, even if i liked the simplicity of this one. Let's hope CBA gets fixed soon, or just BIS do their work and add a real weapon rest feature on the core game...

I cannot get this to work in multiplayer. I've tried both local and dedicated, I have other addons working in multiplayer but this one won't. am I missing something here? excellent addon otherwise.

edit: I've determined that it actually is working on multiplayer, but it's just conflicting with nearly every mission I've tried.

Edited by Bruhmis

Had the same problem recently. Probably you have some other key that is influencing and not letting the combination keys to work properly.

Would it be possible to change the defaul keys for this addon?

Anyone getting a weird "userconfig weaponsrestingpaa not found "error when staring A3 and it will not allow you to get to the startup splash screen let alone "expansion" screen? Can I run TWR with VTS?

Here it stops working after a while. There are no visible errors, it just doesn't work anymore when pressing the keys.

I am using CBA A3 and the rest of addons are mine so i know they are not the cause.

Anyone getting a weird "userconfig weaponsrestingpaa not found "error when staring A3 and it will not allow you to get to the startup splash screen let alone "expansion" screen? Can I run TWR with VTS?

Make sure you have this .hpp in your userconfig under vtsweaponresting http://pastebin.com/67iBmUN5

its a bit too easy to rest the weapon. on every wall and tree. And you can mount every weapon. could be perhaps for weapon without tripod not so a big bonus on accuracy? Just an idea, makes tripot a bit obsolete. anyway, great mod!

I can't get it to work for some reason. No combination of key works... but the mod is definitely activated, I see the icon on next tot the main menu. Can anyone help?

I can't get it to work for some reason. No combination of key works... but the mod is definitely activated, I see the icon on next tot the main menu. Can anyone help?

I've found it only works on certain missions (though in my case those missions accounted for 90% of the my library). try a couple different missions if you haven't already, make sure you have CBA installed/working.

I've found it only works on certain missions (though in my case those missions accounted for 90% of the my library). try a couple different missions if you haven't already, make sure you have CBA installed/working.

I only tried in the editor... is there a reason it should not work there?

also what is CBA?