l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

This dont allways work in MP .. very confusing, i tryed making a dedicated server and connect, but it didten work.

Mods were activated on server and client.. Am i the only one with this problem?

You dont need this mod on the server. It is clientside only.

We got the server keys for this one enabled on our servers (check my signature). Feel free to join them and test this addon on them.

As far as I can tell, the way this addon reads config (through #include) is very very vulnerable. To fix it you could, for example, read config by preprocessFile to a string and parse it manually.

can anybody help me? I am getting an error (script vts_weaponresting/init.sqf not found). Do I need an init file and if I do, what's the script to put in the file?

EDIT...I have CBA installed, I placed the mod folder in the ARMA 3 root(steam>steamapps>arma 3>@mod_folder here) and placed PBO/Bisign in addon folder(steam>steamapps>arma 3>addon>PBO/Bisign here) then placed bikey in key folder(steam>steamapps>arma 3>key>bikey here). I just placed the userconfig folder in the @mod folder(@vts_weaponresting>userconfig here).

Edited by FTW_PHOENIX

can anybody help me? I am getting an error (script vts_weaponresting/init.sqf not found). Do I need an init file and if I do, what's the script to put in the file?

EDIT...I have CBA installed, I placed the mod folder in the ARMA 3 root(steam>steamapps>arma 3>@mod_folder here) and placed PBO/Bisign in addon folder(steam>steamapps>arma 3>addon>PBO/Bisign here) then placed bikey in key folder(steam>steamapps>arma 3>key>bikey here). I just placed the userconfig folder in the @mod folder(@vts_weaponresting>userconfig here).

Is there a reason you're not using TMR, it does a better job of this at the moment, though this mod came out very quickly and was very good.

Installing mods: Just put @VTS (or whatever it's called) into the root. The addon folder shouldn't be moved. (So it should be like steam>steamapps>arma 3>@vts_weaponresting>Addons>A bunch of pbos and bisigns here). Copy/paste the userconfig in steam>steamapps>arma 3>@vts_weaponresting into the root directory and merge the folders, the same goes for bikeys.

To run the mod edit the lauch params to add -mod=@CBA_A3;@vts_weaponresting

Note that @blah has to correspond exactly to the folder name, so if your CBA is just called @CBA then type that out instead.

Is there a reason you're not using TMR, it does a better job of this at the moment, though this mod came out very quickly and was very good.

Installing mods: Just put @VTS (or whatever it's called) into the root. The addon folder shouldn't be moved. (So it should be like steam>steamapps>arma 3>@vts_weaponresting>Addons>A bunch of pbos and bisigns here). Copy/paste the userconfig in steam>steamapps>arma 3>@vts_weaponresting into the root directory and merge the folders, the same goes for bikeys.

Note that @blah has to correspond exactly to the folder name, so if your CBA is just called @CBA then type that out instead.

You can also enable the mod from the game menu (configure->expansions), and click restart. The mod is now permanently enabled until you disable it.

Edited by Zorg_DK

Put all the .pbos and .bisigns in the Arma 3\@VTS\Addons folder. Ignore the bikeys (unless you host a server with signature check). Put the "vts_weaponresting_config" in the Arma 3\userconfig\vts_weaponresting folder.

Then activate CBA and this mod in the expansion menu or do this:

Thanks everybody...I got it working. This is a great mod. I like that I can actually use LMGs to suppress fire and get some baddies too.

Thanks everybody...I got it working. This is a great mod. I like that I can actually use LMGs to suppress fire and get some baddies too.

Yeah, weapon resting actually adds a lot more to the game than most people would expect. There's a reason it has filtered down to more arcade games, it's beneficial for gameplay and realism.

Thanks to Tupolov for the technical sway insight.

Now VTS weapon resting is also reducing sway (for each stance & adjustement). Enjoy sniping with the rail of a Tower.

release 04:

-Resting weapon now decrease sway

Edited by L etranger

First post still states that it does not reduce sway :)

Oh, thanks for the head up. it's fixed now.

Sway change showcase :

Edited by L etranger

I'm confused here, as I can get this to run (alongside other addons) in the editor, but the moment I put it into an MP game it fails to work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong L Etranger?

I'm confused here, as I can get this to run (alongside other addons) in the editor, but the moment I put it into an MP game it fails to work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong L Etranger?

Hm I didn't hear other people having any issue. Are you sure you're shortcut or addons are correctly launch for your multiplayer games?

I'm going to have to trace the source of it. It is probably a conflict between this and another addon.

We use it on your server and no problem here. I know there are some conflicts with the TMR addons, maybe it s your case Kremator.

Thx l'Etranger.

Tested the addon on our server, if you could look into a fix for missing resting after respawn, this would be perfect.

Found the source of the conflict. It was Windwalkings AI menu. All good now. This works great with TMR stuff too!

Found the source of the conflict. It was Windwalkings AI menu. All good now. This works great with TMR stuff too!
Hmm i been testing all three with out issue(WW_AI,TMR,VTS_rest). What was the issue?

Tested the addon on our server, if you could look into a fix for missing resting after respawn, this would be perfect.

The addon is working perfectly with respawn. I suspect another addon or a mission script breaking the player event handler on your respawn.

The addon is working perfectly with respawn. I suspect another addon or a mission script breaking the player event handler on your respawn.

That might indeed be the case. Will look into that matter.