l etranger

VTS Simple weapon resting

Hello there

Arma has long needed a weapon rest mechanic away from mods like I44 or ACE, so kudos for implementing this. I look forward to it;s progress.

Good stuff.

Rgds

LoK

That's the beauty of this community ... we dont NEED BIS to make it now. They can get on with doing other things - L'Etranger has this one in the bag !

I hope BIS adds this to the game by default.. This mod is AWESOME.. but i think that statment is a silly... BIS should TAKE NOTE... and Add it in the game.. Not pass up on it because someone made a MOD... That's just plain silly!! And just to pre-empt the SHHHH... I know they have other more important matters... but considering that someone just made a mod to add it .. It's obviously do-able and can't be that difficult (not trying to insinuate that i can do it ). I mean, they code for a living, it shoulnt be hard to add weapons resting as a default action..

The addon seems to work nicely as far as recoil is concerned, is there a possibility l'etranger than it can also minimise weapon sway?

Did you try player setFatigue 0; yet?

(if it works, save the value before the action and apply again once decoupled)

Great addon :)

@Wipman : It's far from perfect, and having to aim exactly to a shoulder would take you 5 seconds ingame, where IRL you would do it in 1 second. I'm more on the side of a having smooth flow.

You should try to do this the same way as it was done in Invasion 44, everything is automatic and faster, no key to press, and it doesn't seem to impact FPS.

@Kju : From my test fatigue is more for the stamina. I'm no sure if we can make the camera different or modify it to reduce sway

@Le_Culto : The system can be easily turned in full automatic resting. But after a long think, I though it would be more immersive to use a key to rest your weapon.

Hi there.

I´d like to run this Mod (Release 01) on our Server but it seems that your mod is wrongly Signed (bisings and Bikey). I can´t run this with verifySignatures=2!

Could you relook into your Mod and sign this for me? Or am I the only one with this Problem?

Thanks in Advance!

Hammer

I didn't tested the signatures, just followed thoses intructions : http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Addon_Signatures

But I'm not sure on which file to use DSSignFile. I did it on the PBO which is what it look like to be said on the wiki. I'll try to take a look more in depth.

Did retry to generate a new key and test on a dedicated server with verify signature : 2. And It's not accepting them... I'did what all tutorial said. I'm clueless...

Edited by L etranger

If you give me Permission, we can try signing it for you and send you the files via downloadlingk so you can release it with proper signs?

Thanks, It would be nice, I'll try more thing and see of how its going. I rather be able to sign my own addons than disturbing someone each time.

Thanks, It would be nice, I'll try more thing and see of how its going. I rather be able to sign my own addons than disturbing someone each time.

You don´t disturb me with this addon since we badly want it working :P

Make sure to get DSSign/DSCreateKey v2.

;2402169']Make sure to get DSSign/DSCreateKey v2.

Thanks, I was using an outdated version of dssign. It was the one packed with the binpbo though... The last version of this tool is hard to find.

Release 02 (First link updated) :

-Fixed BI key (now using V2)

-Added an audio feedback when resting the weapon

Edited by L etranger

The last version of this tool is hard to find.

Can you save me some shoeleather and link this v2 signing tool please? :)

I actually don't know which version I'm using at the moment.

Can you save me some shoeleather and link this v2 signing tool please? :)

I actually don't know which version I'm using at the moment.

I didn't found the official package, but the Signature Gui tool made by Soner hold the last version of filesign :

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14124

Does the server have to be updated for this, or will it work on any server? Yea, it's an uninformed noobe question.

Does the server have to be updated for this, or will it work on any server? Yea, it's an uninformed noobe question.

You will need to upload the new bikey to your virtual server's "Keys" folder before your clients can use it on your server

Is it just me or is it still not working? It´s not working for me with sigcheck

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14122 Try that L etranger ;-)

That sill not working ? from my tests the addons was ok...

The armaholic page is sending to a wiki which can't provide a valid link ;(

No, sadly not! That link contains the v2 Signing Tools though at the bottom.. not sure what´s causing it. We´ll maybe try to sign it ouselves and see if it works then if it´s still not working... I always found this signing and bikey'ing very frustrating and complicated.. there should be an easier way :P

EDIT: Oh well, that ftp Link is broken... maybe some BI-Moderator/Administrator can fix that download link or provide a direct link to the download which is not broken?

Edited by Hammerballz
EDIT again....

I can confirm, that clients CANNOT join the server when the server is running verifysignatures=2 with the new Bikey

Really looking forward to you sorting this out