Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Where is everyone?

I mean ok online action was never actually active but come on...

My five last attempts to play online with other players on the MadSin[dedicatedServer] and on ones that I start with missions such as the convoy mission were all worthless. I was always alone although I was online for 2 hours at a time!?!? I played the convoy mission so many times on my own that I can now beat the mission by myself!?!? Imagine that...

So please is anybody aware of specific times and dates that players gather online to play TOH Rearmed? Is there really nobody around? Because I have noticed new players coming in and so I was optimistic that more and more are going online but things just got worse!?!?

Thanks for your time.

Any bit of help will be appreciated.

I kind of gave up with the game, didn't run well for me on my old laptop, but I am playing Arma 3 and will probably stay over there, especially if they add the TOH flightmodel in for those aircraft. (and at least someone is playing my convoy mission still :D )

Seriously now, the multiplayer Convoy mission is the BEST available in my point of view and am not at all exaggerating. It has many possibilities and the team work would be astonishing, if only there were team members.... Congratulations for your mission.

Now as for playing Arma 3 I really would if the TOH flight-model was added. But till now nothing as such has occurred, except from some patches that have a lot of issues, and so I am just hoping that something will eventually happen. It would be absolutely thrilling to transfer players to the battlefield or provide support or participate in EVAC missions or even SAR missions. It really would be great...:)

Seriously now, the multiplayer Convoy mission is the BEST available in my point of view and am not at all exaggerating. It has many possibilities and the team work would be astonishing, if only there were team members.... Congratulations for your mission.

Now as for playing Arma 3 I really would if the TOH flight-model was added. But till now nothing as such has occurred, except from some patches that have a lot of issues, and so I am just hoping that something will eventually happen. It would be absolutely thrilling to transfer players to the battlefield or provide support or participate in EVAC missions or even SAR missions. It really would be great...:)

My clan thought that too, we are hoping it will be in beta at some point or another. That convoy mission was going to include infantry so they could be carried to battle, but we had enough trouble getting enough pilots let alone infantry...

That would really be great. It would bring this mission to a whole new level. And if troops were inserted I believe that more enemy trucks would be inserted. It is heartbreaking to know what we miss...

How about Arma 2,3 players? Aren't they interested in something like this? I mean, and if that is not enough, a raid in the enemy base would be thrilling.

Another advantage would be that players without much experience in helicopter flying would have the chance to actively participate and play a key factor to the whole mission.

Is there really such a shortage in TOH players or is it that they don't go online?

I kinda gave up with the game as well, mainly because of lack of serious multiplayer action and the usual mod dependency chaos, but also because I wasn't too happy with the flight models, especially the medium one. Switched over to X-Plane 10, having my flight model and multiplayer fix there :-) Also, I've been closely following the Outerra/Anteworld development whose potential is simply breathtaking even in it's early alpha/demo stage...

Haven't tried A3 yet, maybe I will once the TOH flightmodels are in there as well, but I admit I'm kinda sick of the usual wargame thing... I had really high hopes for TOH becoming a unique flightsim-multiplayer-sandbox game, but sadly it looks pretty much abandoned/neglected by the addon/mission scripting community nowadays...

That would really be great. It would bring this mission to a whole new level. And if troops were inserted I believe that more enemy trucks would be inserted. It is heartbreaking to know what we miss...

How about Arma 2,3 players? Aren't they interested in something like this? I mean, and if that is not enough, a raid in the enemy base would be thrilling.

Another advantage would be that players without much experience in helicopter flying would have the chance to actively participate and play a key factor to the whole mission.

Is there really such a shortage in TOH players or is it that they don't go online?

Most people I tried to convince didn't want to buy it, simply because it was a helicopter game (despite the fact I told them about rearmed), and also after the announcement at the time of TOH flightmodel being in Arma 3, they decided to wait. I do have a base assault mission with only 2 choppers made, but we couldn't find any infantry unfortunately so the AI had to fill in for them (that and it was a long flight, people don't appreciate that)

Players TOH, now in the other games. Bring back will not work. Too poor play.

Hope that people will create a multiplayer game modes, did not materialize. Too few players bought TOH. Even fewer know how to do interesting missions. The lack of combat helicopters at the time of the game only made ​​the situation worse.

In my opinion the biggest mistake is trying to sell TOH as a standalone game, besides not having a highly detailed multiplayer. This game is not the level of FS and CA-50.

Exit DLC for ARMA2 year ago, here is what could save the situation.

And it's not that difficult to fly, and that to a full simulation OET has not held. A grunt to run it does not make sense.

Finally spoil our ozhadaniya of gameplay can be a virtual pilot, refused to include in the TOH flight model ARMA3. This will be the final nail in the coffin.

To himself. Once a week, run the game. I go out in multiplayer. 'm Bored convoy 1-2 hours, without waiting for connecting players go out.

Thanks for your posts guys.

Also, I've been closely following the Outerra/Anteworld development whose potential is simply breathtaking even in it's early alpha/demo stage...

I took some time to watch the videos and the images but although I do find the scenery graphics a lot better than TOH's, the absence of cities helps though, the aircraft graphics are way worse than in TOH.

I do have a base assault mission with only 2 choppers made, but we couldn't find any infantry unfortunately so the AI had to fill in for them (that and it was a long flight, people don't appreciate that)

I believe that the issue here is that the infantry will have to wait long hours so as to get in action. In my point of view this increases the anxiety and adrenaline but indeed not many people believe so. So much military realism is not what they seek.

In my opinion the biggest mistake is trying to sell TOH as a standalone game, besides not having a highly detailed multiplayer.

Maybe if it was inserted in Arma 3, in other words what most of us are waiting for, multi-player action would be great. The problem would be the pilots that are not so good at flying. Imagine a troop transportation failing due to a pilot's stupidity in the air or in the start-up procedure. It would really logically piss off the infantry players. Also flying in "civil" mode is also great and if the game was separate that mode would be vanquished.

Hi

I bought TOH and Hinds last year when, the rearmed patch was released. However, I never really gave it much of a real try as a helicopter game until recently. I can say, that I am currently enjoying the game, as something similiar but somewhat more interesting than being a foot soldier in Arma 2. I do own Arma 3 alpha and I am waiting with anticipation to see if the TOH flight models appear in A3.

The chief thanks for your post. Now what I would like to ask you and the other players that have Arma 3 is what kind of possibilities exist for Take on Helicopter pilots.

I mean we are all indeed waiting for the flight models of TOH to be installed in Arma 3 but how are the flight models at the moment? And what do chopper pilots do exactly? Do they log in a server and find themselves in a chopper which awaits other players to ask for transportation? How does it work exactly?

The reason I am asking all these is that if the flight models are installed I will logically buy Arma 3 too so I would like to know what exactly I would be doing. :)

Thanks for your time.

If A3 is going to be as open as the previous titles it could be anything and ultimately open to the community of mission builders. That's the beauty of it.

As for the built-in multiplayer missions, I don't know and - frankly and personally - I don't really care that much as I'm not interested in the pure war simulation/game aspect anymore. I expect the really exciting stuff to happen once the game has matured, maybe a year after initial release, as with all the BIS products. This is especially true for any multiplayer related game modes as they usually take a lot more effort in terms of design and debugging.

For mission and addon designers it will be quite decisive to see how much of the already existing concepts and content (missions, addons, scripting language, utilities) can be re-used in A3 without having to start over from scratch.

Is there some kind of briefing before you start a mission? I mean you must be informed of some basics, aren't you? You can't just start knowing nothing. And as for the mods how will you know which one you need to join a server? And how many will you have to gather?

I know. Too many questions. Thanks for your time and posts.:)

Is there some kind of briefing before you start a mission? I mean you must be informed of some basics, aren't you? You can't just start knowing nothing. And as for the mods how will you know which one you need to join a server? And how many will you have to gather?

I know. Too many questions. Thanks for your time and posts.:)

Normally you have to load in before you get a briefing, unless of course you play a mission like domi, where you will probably know what the mode is about.

Since the release of DCS: Huey by Belsimtek, most of the rotorcraft fans it appears to have switched their attention to the new game.

Well Starsky396 I took a look at some videos from the game that you mentioned and I didn't find it that good, I must say.

The graphics weren't good enough and the way that the helicopter crew reacted to a mission that I watched was a bit off. They were taking on board some survivors from a Huey crash and nothing was shown. You couldn't even see the people that were in the ruined chopper. There was nothing. The only action there was was one of your crew members standing in front of your hello. A bit disappointing.

Also there is no Rearmed something which gives multiplayer action possibilities and you can also fight on foot this way. But still I would really like to know how the flight realism is. Is it as good, better, or worse than TOH?

Nevertheless, thanks for the heads up.