Sign in to follow this  
james2464

BASE Jumping Test Map v1.0

Hey guys,

The purpose of this test map is to enable the community to provide better feedback in regards to BASE jumping and falling from high structures/terrain.

In the process of building another map I've discovered it is possible to BASE jump from high terrain. I assume this is thanks to the new and improved HALO script(?) for Arma 3 because it wasn't possible in Arma 2 as far as I know.

After further testing and not looking at the HALO scripts myself I believe the decision to transform the character into the free-falling animation is dependent on the distance the terrain is from the character thus when you initially jump off the terrain you are stuck in limbo. However once you jump your distance from the cliff increases and the distance to the ground increases exponentially.

There are core glitches that you will experience like being catapulted out from the cliff once you step off which I can't explain myself. Perhaps a DEV can comment here?

arma32013052515245801.jpg

arma32013052515241675.jpg

arma32013052515240681.jpg

If there are terrain features you would like to see changed or implemented please feel free to comment. :D

Enjoy!

J.

Edited by James2464

There will be a wingsuit in ArmA 3 ?

Possibly ;)

Fun driving down the North side...:butbut::D

Thanks for sharing your island..

Edited by ChrisB

Fun driving down the North side...:butbut::D

Thanks for sharing your island..

Lol nice video however I think this points out a critical issue in regards to basic physic laws etc. :P

How did you make this? I've wanted to make a map were I can test physics, have insane race tracks and places for aircraft stunts.

Lol nice video however I think this points out a critical issue in regards to basic physic laws etc. :P

;)..

Still its fun..:D

How did you make this? I've wanted to make a map were I can test physics, have insane race tracks and places for aircraft stunts.

Perhaps try downloading a free terrain modeling program like L3DT and trying sculpting what you would like to see in-game. That's a good start because the rest is pretty straight forward, if you would like the source files to this map just PM me :)

I have dragged the @BJ into my arma 3 directory how do I get this up and running? EDIT: Got it lol so simple nvm

Edited by iWoundPwn