Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Will the distance view be fixed?

hi guys.

I've noticed in ArmA 2, even if I set viewdistance to 3000 (for example), I won't be able to see things 3000m away from my position.

for example, while flying, I won't be able to see the LHD Khe Sahn or the Nimitz whereas they are set 2700m from my position.

will the view distance really BE as set in video option?

There is already a separate object view distance slider in Arma3 that does what you ask. (I.e. you can push object view distance to 100%.)

Did you intend to post this in the Arma2 forum?

oh yeah, sorry, my mistake...

I wrote this message a little bit fast, didn't notice I wasn't in the good forum...

can you please move it to the right section?

BTW, what do you mean by " you can push object view distance to 100%"?

the only graphic option I have is setting my view distance to 1500 to 10000 - this is the global view distance, not object view distance

BTW, what do you mean by " you can push object view distance to 100%"?

the only graphic option I have is setting my view distance to 1500 to 10000 - this is the global view distance, not object view distance

Well, it's not actually given in % so I guess I worded it badly. I meant Arma3 allows you to push object view distance up to the same value as the main view distance. :)

Btw., thread moved.

thanks.

however, I think there is no such option in ArmA 2...

When i fly planes i increase the view distance to like 5000 km, but objects will not be visible at that distance unless you set the option "object detail" to very high (this option sets how detailed and far the objects will be seen)

They probably made distance view option for people who fly planes and helis in ARMA II, when you are in air game can run ok at 5000 - 10000 km view, because you are not close to the ground and the game does not have to render detailed ground texture, grass, houses and trees...

If you play as infantry 1500 km is more than enough as it eats FPS as you increase the view and average shootout takes place at 200 meter!