Sign in to follow this  
kng

Stratis Sniper Range v1.0 - SP & COOP

Stratis Sniper Range 1.2

by KNG

Description:

A simple sniping range to debut the new sniper / spotter duo for Bluefor and Opfor in Arma 3 0.60

Clear all the targets to complete the Mission.

Features:

• test the new sniper / spotter weapons and equipment for Opfor and Blufor
  • singleplayer and coop

Scripts used:

a few lines for the description.ext from Murcielago's DM4

FHQ Task Tracker

ArJay A3 Libraries

Media:

Screenshots:

GNGsRohl.jpg

NTzqgxjl.jpg

WtNP2nXl.jpg

lbbBngel.jpg

AxckK2ul.jpg

Be advised, you need to have the latest dev build (0.59) installed to play this mission!

Known Issues:

when you switch sides you need to restart the mission for everything to work properly

Installation:

• copy extracted files to your \Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions folder

• start mission from the multiplayer menu: Play -> Multiplayer -> New Game -> LAN or Internet -> Stratis Sniper Range -> OK

Changelog:

v1.2

• fully 0.60 compatible
  • added two more shooting ranges
  • shoot targets up 2.8km from your position
  • adjusted spawn positions & removed all AI weapons

Note: Use the Distance Settings (Mousewheel down -> Settings) and manually increase your view distance, or you probably wont be able to see the targets!

v1.1

• removed live targets
  • added pop up targets, hit them 15x to complete the mission
  • pop up targets have different distances
  • some UI tweaks (a hint tells you if you hit and how much and who etc.)

Download: Stratis Sniper Range v1.2

Edited by KNG

*clicks Play after choosing this mission as a SP Scenario, is immediately shot dead by an OPFOR sniper... tries again, is instead shot dead by the OPFOR spotter*

seem he forgot to set AI behavior to "careless". They will ignore your enemies.

Yeah, this just looks like a troll to me.

Careful with such accusitions. Until proven otherwise, one should assume a simple bug in the mission.

don't run the mission as "SP Scenario".

Mission has to be installed in your arma3 "mpmissions" folder.

Just start the mission through the Multiplayer "New Game" menu and everything should work fine.

In Main Menu go to: Play -> Multiplayer -> New Game -> Lan or Internet -> Select: Stratis Sniper Range from the List and click on OK.

I just tested it and everything is working properly.

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

I updated the thread with a video to show you guys that it should work fine. :)

just ran the mission and rifle has no sight attached..

Desrat, I didn't get that issue when I tried it, as both BLUFOR and OPFOR I had the SOS attached to their respective anti-materiel rifles.

Also, KNG, I must say that I'm glad that you changed the OP at the Armaholic forums, but that was a major oversight to not make it more explicit that this is a "Co-Op" mission (even though you can run it locally with only one player) and has to be installed/run as one; hopefully this will not be overlooked in future missions of yours created using this structure. :)

Have you considered alternately using different distances for each... target? (When I realized that I wasn't supposed to shoot at a bullseye but rather a flesh-and-blood-and-bone torso, that was... huh. I suppose the appropriate term is "surprising and rather perturbing", because I was almost immediately thinking "firing squad".)

Well, I just put the default Units, available in the Editor, down (with their default equipment). Usually everything should be on the Unit, when you spawn. Since I did not change anything on the Unit's loadout. As Chortles said, you actually should spawn with a SOS 85x Sniper Optics attached to the weapons. I really don't know why you would spawn without it, this maybe a problem with the fact that it was just added to the dev build and might still cause some problems.

Desrat, I didn't get that issue when I tried it, as both BLUFOR and OPFOR I had the SOS attached to their respective anti-materiel rifles.

Also, KNG, I must say that I'm glad that you changed the OP at the Armaholic forums, but that was a major oversight to not make it more explicit that this is a "Co-Op" mission (even though you can run it locally with only one player) and has to be installed/run as one; hopefully this will not be overlooked in future missions of yours created using this structure. :)

Have you considered alternately using different distances for each... target? (When I realized that I wasn't supposed to shoot at a bullseye but rather a flesh-and-blood-and-bone torso, that was... huh. I suppose the appropriate term is "surprising and rather perturbing", because I was almost immediately thinking "firing squad".)

Hey Chortles, yes I realized that there is a difference in "real" Singleplayer / Coop. Since you can basically play this "MP/Coop" Mission alone, I considered it playable as a singleplayer mission, although you have to start it through the Multiplayer Menu. (I now know, that there's a difference).

Having different distances for different targets is a great Idea, I might expand on that and put some more ranges down with different distances. I have to admit that this mission was rather done quickly to test the weapons and get a feel for them.

Actually they put a lot of target dummies and bullseye targets in the latest dev update, you can even build a "shoot house" now for training purposes. The fact that they have put so many stuff in the editor made me play around with it. But I don't know how to make the target dummies act as a " live target" you know, when you shoot at them, they dont just flip over indicating that you hit the target and I also don't know how you can make them flip up so you actually have to wait for the target to come up. But I think this is possible. Because what would be the target dummies good for then? You can place them and shoot at them, but you never know if you actually hit them. So it did not make sense making the dummies a target to shoot at. The easiest solution at the time was just placing down the "live" targets to get some shooting practice. :D

thanks for the feedback though, I'm glad it worked for you.

Edited by KNG

Is it occuring without the mission too? Are you using a combination of SUD_AK107 and HAFM_Weapons? I found these weapon packs made the new scope nonexistant.

Is it occuring without the mission too? Are you using a combination of SUD_AK107 and HAFM_Weapons? I found these weapon packs made the new scope nonexistant.

does seem to be a mods issue - however I'm not mod crazy, all I have installed are CBA, ShackTac Hud, and NV and Thermal Optics Pack, with these enabled I can't even apply the SOS to the sniper rifles if I manually create a test mission or use a mission that include VAS .. dunno which mod is the cause but I'm sure they'll get fixed eventually

EDIT: Added After

Having now played with both of the big rifles I have to say sticking the SOS on the EBR is a better all rounder for most situations imho - although I haven't had to engage outside more than 700-800m really as yet.

Edited by Desrat
Less than 24 since last post

narrowed the conflict to the NV and Thermal Optics Pack I referenced in my post above - I fixed the conflict with the addon and updated it to include additional versions of the SOS scope with thermal modes, hopefully the original author will jump in at ArmAholic and release it as official update to his/her mod.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=21481

updated to v1.1 :D

This is a pretty good idea. It's much easier to practice with a sniper rifle when the targets AREN'T shooting back... :D

I DID manage to die in a horrific fire but that's because I got sidetracked and stole a helicopter.

updated to v1.2 - now with extreme long range targets - can you hit them?

Any way you can make the coop version 8v8? We are a group of about 12-15 and it would be nice to fit everyone in.

Any way you can make the coop version 8v8? We are a group of about 12-15 and it would be nice to fit everyone in.

hey, yeah I could, but you could also just open 3 Servers with 4 Slots and have them try the weapons out :D

We played a modified version of this last night, thanks for the range. It was a nice way to experience the new weapons and understand their mechanics.

Is this mod free? You mention scripts, none of which I assume are mods?

Trying to run it on Beta, I get error "dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted, A3_Soft_F_offroad etc? Is is this an Alpha_>Beta issue?

I also get the error. Can you update the mission for the beta?