Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

he was meaning while deployed, its one of several infamous stories after marsoc was formed and deployed. They quickly had to learn the dark arts of guerilla warfare, including "growing a beard" haha. Which angered USMC CO's when images of bearded marines starting flowing in
Can confirm. "Famous Amos" threw a hissy fit.

But can SOF operators wear MultiDoge? I think that's the real question here.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/IMG_7227.jpg (165 kB)

Well, i would rather make MultiDoge combat uniforms then MultiCam i can assure you of that.

Edit:

Yes.... PAT things from Desert

http://i.gyazo.com/e257f50458f57ecb03cbff02bd0f4867.png

Edited by fluttershy

Yes that is Desert MARPAT, that that is not AOR 1. I know that people get the two confused all the time.

cecc4369acbac7440404f7f709e72bc2

On the left you have Desert MARPAT on the right is AOR 1. There is only a slight difference in coloring that is barely noticable, but the shapes used are completly different, as AOR 1 is a lot more "cluttered" you could say.

Yes I know its marpat, what I was saying was why is it on a Crye field shirt.... the desert marpat has only been seen a little on the combat sets in G3 form, definitely not G2 fields.

Yes I know its marpat, what I was saying was why is it on a Crye field shirt.... the desert marpat has only been seen a little on the combat sets in G3 form, definitely not G2 fields.

If you can tell the difference between Crye and non-Crye,G2 and G3 from an unfinished texture shot of a sleeve your powers surpass mine.

Edited by fluttershy

Well I assumed it from the shirt material that is cutting into the pattern that it was a combat shirt, however the area for the pads was too small and shaped more like the fields... so I assumed you guys had some UV mapping trickery to reduce addon size by only taking specific selections from the material... just something I believe I talked to one of you about a long time ago. Anyways just wanting to make sure the final models are fairly accurate :) . Though I do wonder about patent infringements.

Either way great work, please feed the beast and give more screen-outs to us ;)

Well I assumed it from the shirt material that is cutting into the pattern that it was a combat shirt, however the area for the pads was too small and shaped more like the fields... so I assumed you guys had some UV mapping trickery to reduce addon size by only taking specific selections from the material... just something I believe I talked to one of you about a long time ago. Anyways just wanting to make sure the final models are fairly accurate :) . Though I do wonder about patent infringements.

Either way great work, please feed the beast and give more screen-outs to us ;)

Our models will be accurate as possible. We have actual uniforms we are looking at, we put a lot of time and energy in getting them as close as possible. What do you mean by "patent infringements"?

I think he may be under the impression y'all are entering the MANW with the mod. IIRC the patent thing is one of the requirements for the contest rules

I know you guys are doing some of the best work out there :) just trying to pitch in, also one of you owns the marpat Crye G3s? And I meant BHI didn't allow the use of any copyrighted material or patented stuff so I was just curious if you had spoken with a dev about it because of all the Crye stuff you have.

Unless you aren't doing the contest, which is fine by most everyone as I think it was hard for you guys to get stuff completed on time due to the fact that some of your members were very busy. Either way I am sure it will be fine as Crye more than likely would not care, I just wasnt sure what BHI would do as it could potentially be a liability, however someone with a legal background would know more. Also I'm talking purely for the contest, as for normal mods the more accurate the better ;)

I think he may be under the impression y'all are entering the MANW with the mod. IIRC the patent thing is one of the requirements for the contest rules

I can neither deny nore approve, that the SOC Mod will be participating in the MANW Contest.

Edited by fluttershy

I can neither deny nore approve, that the SOC Mod will be participating in the MANW Contest.

I guess we'll know soon :rolleyes:

Submission of Entries will be closed on 28th October 2014 at 12am (GMT+1)

Here we go gentlemen!

Edited by Binkowski

Yeah you're gonna have to show some in-game images before you get my vote...... :rolleyes:

..voted anyway.

Good luck with the contest, I hope you will update your page quickly so you will get the attention that you deserve :)

Max255, the "Big boy" rule applies to Marsoc operators as well. They are not forced to use the issued material and can simply request there fancy stuff.

I know that. Yet there are some things which are just not worth messing eith, eg. helmet velcro. Reference pictures also confirm - all of the OC FAST Maritimes seen in use by MARSOC come in standard velcro patter with strip on top.

And units look great, any possibilty for something bit more high res? :rolleyes:

;2802256']I know that. Yet there are some things which are just not worth messing eith' date=' eg. helmet velcro. Reference pictures also confirm - all of the OC FAST Maritimes seen in use by MARSOC come in standard velcro patter with strip on top.

And units look great, any possibilty for something bit more high res? :rolleyes:[/quote']

the pic that shows the velcro on the sides is an older one.. i changed it to the opscore velcro that is on the top and sides

also the screens suck because i have 3 monitors and it takes it in a resolution of 5760 x 1080