Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Man y'all have been quiet! Glad to see the dust blow off this thread lol.

That'd be the knee pad no?

Yessum.... yeah this thing fell way back in the threads I could not find it for a minute. We have been working all along though... just getting stuff right and having to learn a few new things. Have a lot of the members inactive due to real life... so we are holding strong getting stuff done.

Well I know from y'all's quality and attention to detail that the wait will be more than worth it. We are on y'all's time and generosity!

Like the others said, it is good to hear from you.

So those are kneepads for a Crye pants?

Edited by Papanowel

The AirFlex pads look nice :) can't wait to see..... maybe a full kit teaser? ;)

Had my regular daily talk with Mr Meat yesterday evening and i wanted to share some intel with you guys.

First and foremost - Weighting Uniforms in Object Builder is a bitch of epic probortions. But Mr. Meat ensured me that he is about done with the pants model, reassuring Screenshots were also delivered to me.

For me, the next thing to do will be the fitting Combat Shirt texture, which will then again be weighted by Mr. Meat and undergo excessive testing under a microscope.

Once i am done with the "fun" part i will have to go and destroy my retina by doing a vector version of MARPAT Desert (yes including the USMC Symbol). I am looking to finish the basic texture work by about Saturday.

I will not post any type of WIP Pictures, since it is up to Mr. Meat to do so, as releasing pictures from a rendering Software would skew the overall image of the textures and model ingame.

this stuff looks amazing! I havent seen any news on this till now. Great screens, all the work looks incredible. Your sig says it all Fluttershy haha Cant wait to see how this all comes out in the end!! Gonna peruse through the last 80 pages and fapfapfap

Weighting Uniforms in Object Builder is a bitch of epic probortions.

that's why you don't do it in object builder/oxygen since the early alpha: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Modding_Characters

the "character examples" under "requirements" includes a 3ds max script that will allow you to export weighted models.

sorry if you guys already knew this. just making sure that valuable hours of work are not wasted for no reason :D

that's why you don't do it in object builder/oxygen since the early alpha: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Modding_Characters

the "character examples" under "requirements" includes a 3ds max script that will allow you to export weighted models.

sorry if you guys already knew this. just making sure that valuable hours of work are not wasted for no reason :D

Thank you for your time in helping me with this. I started to learn about it, but was just so use to having to do it in Oxygen 2 and never looked further into it. Thank you for your help.

Edited by Meatball0311

So i can not post WIP of textures... because they just would not look right. But what i can do is.... Post WIP of highpoly models.

I am sure some of you remember these particular things.

gUpBvkd.jpg

mmmm that anvis looks nice :) are you using a ground mount adapter or is the mount still WIP?

mmmm that anvis looks nice :) are you using a ground mount adapter or is the mount still WIP?

There will be a ground mount adapter.

I can say that we have a unit completed and are doing the finishing touches and at the same time working on the next unit. Remember we are going for a nice variation of looks so there are many things we have planned. fluttershy and I are putting in some major hours this month and do have screens, but are waiting to release them until we can say that we are comfortably ready. Thanks for all of your support.

Thanks for the new pic and the information guys.

Meatball, can you please update the first post with the last few updates?

An other question though, are you guys working primarily on the Rangers or there is no real order about it?

...An other question though, are you guys working primarily on the Rangers or there is no real order about it?

We are currently focusing on our MARSOC Units, though most of the equipment we are creating is widely used trough all Special Operations Infantry it was Mr. Meats wish that we would create our MARSOC Operators first.

After the MARSOC Group, we will focus on our Frog and Sealife experts. After that, maybee, some phrase screaming, multicam wearing, support depending, almost Special Forces Soldiers would fit to round it off.

Furthermore there is currently no plan including Delta, since they are stretching the big boy rule out so far, that it is almost impossible to recreate a structure of there Fireteams and equipment used without at least having to guess half of it.

P.S. Yes i don't like Rangers, neither do i acknowledge them as Special Forces, out of personal experience with several of them. On and off field, if you don't like it... see if i care.

It's going to be awesome once this comes out, having newly modeled uniforms and vests to break the monotony of reskins by the thousands will be a breath of fresh air for the arma scene.

And it'll be awesome to see MARSOC hit first, especially with their tendency to rock BDUs which I miss (ya I call the M81 camo BDU, sue me)

P.S. Yes i don't like Rangers, neither do i acknowledge them as Special Forces, out of personal experience with several of them. On and off field, if you don't like it... see if i care.

No Rangers or Rangers, I don't really matters anyway (Marsoc or other units that you are creating will be better than 99% of what we have right now in A3...), I just thought that they were the first to come out (the first post was meaning that before Meatball modifies it).

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty and the rest of the intel ;)

No Rangers or Rangers, I don't really matters anyway (Marsoc or other units that you are creating will be better than 99% of what we have right now in A3...), I just thought that they were the first to come out (the first post was meaning that before Meatball modifies it).

Anyway, I appreciate your honesty and the rest of the intel ;)

Well they were planned, but due to several reasons they are not the priority at this time. Do I see something in the future of possible Rangers.... I do not know, but it is a possibility. Rangers are apart of the specop community, but we see that MARSOC and SEALS would be more of a priority. I know some will disagree, but that is the decision that has been made.

I have not updated the first post for several reasons. Some are we just don't know what else we are going to get. We have had the majority of teammates take an indefinite time off due to other obligations or whatever. So flutter and I are the ones doing the work and there was a lot of rework that had to be redone. In a project that has taken as much time as it already has, I would have to say that we will have a well put together initial release and then there will be updates. What we have so far is:

1. CRYE Precision G3 w/Airflex Kneepads

2. CRYE Precision G3 without Airflex Kneepads

3. FAST Maritime

4. LV-MBAV

5. LV-MBAV with First Strike Triple Magazine Pouch

6. Some other goodies....

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Updated first post

Edited by Meatball0311

And these are the actual G3 cut not the AC cut you showed a little while ago right? Because if you do woodies in AC cut..... the Crye god will be angry.