Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

I'm sure this has been asked already, but would you guys consider stuff like taking existing assets (vehicles for example) and modifying them to look more the part of your assets? Like piling a ton of gear on an ATV for example. Seeing as you're already generating the assets it'd be cool to see existing stuff that has some added details like that to make them stand out from standard versions.

I like the sound of this, would definitely make current assets more "themed" towards SOF. Who knows, we'll see in the future!

Well, if you are doing MARSOC you absolutely need to have a dirtbike ;)

I just thought I'd like to add that a number of the items you plan on making would fit in great as part of a UKSF pack. Items I know are used include the Multicam Crye G2 Combat Uniforms, Crye Airframe, Mich 2000, LBT-6094A, Crye Cage PC, Merrell boots, Salomon boots, TYR tactical Pico, JPC, Paraclete RAV and L119A1/A2. So a great amount of what you already plan on creating is used! Also I might add that some Salomon Quest 4D boots would certainly not go amiss for the Seal pack!

I'm really looking forward to seeing your work in game!! :D

Well the variety of high speed gear used by western special forces is very small like for uniforms many countries are using crye sets now, but if we look back 10 years there would be way too many for us to cover. So yea some UKSF units could be made from some of the stuff we will put together but so could Canadian, Polish, Danish special forces and many more.

So i guess that means that it isn't happening, at least not in the near future... check that in the future near the near future :)

Read something about PTACH vest you guys know something? heard it was the vest on the neptune op

We'd be happy to receive information that could help us be accurate with regards to the contents of this mod. So please PM one of us with it and we will do our best to look into it and check with our sources

I like the sound of this, would definitely make current assets more "themed" towards SOF. Who knows, we'll see in the future!

Awesome. It'd be cool to see, the vehicles feel a little unused in the game as it is. Some gear that is visibly attached would make them look like they are actually used by a unit, IMO. But if it doesn't happen I don't think I could possibly be disappointed.

Wasn't being snarky or anything like that at all.

I was just simply expressing my opinion.

Obviously that person meant no offense, and I did not think they did.

I understand that some people interpret short and to the point sentences in that way, I try not to ramble on. :p

Just remember that the modders here always respond to comments and questions. :)

I hope you understand.

And back to my point. I reckon this with a couple new animations would win the contest.

My opinion only!

Cheers!

Here is a little something we finished today. Hopefully this will bring some variation to the game!

Kaenon_Render_Release.jpg

Edited by astast

Do you guys have a release date? Must be some crazily optimized and perfectly detailed mods for it to be taking this long. Or, the people making the mods have lost interest.

Drewdaddy, making comments like you have made will not win you any friends. The mod creators are doing their best to provide us, the rest of the community, with quality content that is accurate to real life issued equipment. This takes time and effort and is done when they have spare time to do it.

Lately I see too many newcomers to the forum seeking release dates or demanding updates instead of waiting patiently like the rest of us.

Sit back, relax and it will be done when it's done.

Drewdaddy, making comments like you have made will not win you any friends. The mod creators are doing their best to provide us, the rest of the community, with quality content that is accurate to real life issued equipment. This takes time and effort and is done when they have spare time to do it.

Lately I see too many newcomers to the forum seeking release dates or demanding updates instead of waiting patiently like the rest of us.

Sit back, relax and it will be done when it's done.

"making comments like you have made will not win you any friends"

Maybe you are actively seeking online friends through the internet, however I am not.

"Lately I see too many newcomers to the forum seeking release dates or demanding updates instead of waiting patiently like the rest of us."

There are others on different parts of the forums saying the SOC WIP is taking forever and are looking for other alternatives. Rumor has it that the mod creators have abandoned this project.

"Sit back, relax and it will be done when it's done"

You should relax. I am only asking for a release date.

Making a high quality mod with this much content is extremely tedious. Especially when your team is international and have real lives too. Yea it takes alot of time, energy, and even butt chewings from your wife ;). All their hard work, patience, attention to detail, etc is going to pay off on D-day. I personally consider all these chaps my friends, and hold them in high regards

"making comments like you have made will not win you any friends"

Maybe you are actively seeking online friends through the internet, however I am not.

"Lately I see too many newcomers to the forum seeking release dates or demanding updates instead of waiting patiently like the rest of us."

There are others on different parts of the forums saying the SOC WIP is taking forever and are looking for other alternatives. Rumor has it that the mod creators have abandoned this project.

"Sit back, relax and it will be done when it's done"

You should relax. I am only asking for a release date.

Well mate if the man talking to you with respect and trying to handle it without being rude made you be rude...how about this you can't ask for a release date, the forum has rules in which you agreed to be a part of the community, if you have a problem with the rules take it up with the team of moderators who handle things in here, if you chose to don't take your problem with the rules or people who will try to take it to your attention to them, i sincerely ask you to respect the rules, and do something constructive

Drewdaddy, please accept my apology. I did not intend my post to be rude. Poor choice of wording I agree.

Ckrauslo, you got it right. Looking back it was rude and I could have said it better. Apologies to all offended by what I said.

Drewdaddy, please accept my apology. I did not intend my post to be rude. Poor choice of wording I agree.

Ckrauslo, you got it right. Looking back it was rude and I could have said it better. Apologies to all offended by what I said.

You wasn't the one to be rude, read my post again mate, you simply explained the rules to the lad

No Problem mate, don't take people like this to the personal, or sometimes you'll want to never step foot here again

As for everyone asking for release dates, i'm an acquaintance of astast he is working hard, him and everyone, they recently released a new update the sunglasses they are working to make the pack cooler so guys give some slack, and be thankful

"There are others on different parts of the forums saying the SOC WIP is taking forever and are looking for other alternatives. Rumor has it that the mod creators have abandoned this project. "

Jeah do not worry about the rumors, they are total BS. No one of us, as a team, has ever said anything about abandoning this mod or team.

And yes we are taking forever, composing a complete base model for every single object used, including a highpolygon variant that later gets refined with other software to enhance details, takes considerably longer then reskinning BI's standard models.

I know there is other amazing teams out there that deliver amazing work in a short periode of time, though the scale of these addons is mostly less then what we have on our tables.

If you find an "alternative" or look into a different addon that covers the same area of Special Operations Capable assets of the Coalition forces, be my guest, no one is forcing anyone to use or wait for this particular addon exclusivly.

There already is a couple of finished addons out there that resemble current era special forces, of several different nations even, that you are free to use instead of just waiting.

For a release date, somewhere between "when its done" and "i really don't know". From my personal part in this team, i am crushed by the ammount of work still ahead of me, while i am about 20% done with what is overall still waiting to recive my part of the overall workflow.

Thankfully some people have it right in knowing that we are quiet bussy with real-life, having some parts of our team temporarily absent and constantly working on the overall quallity makes it hard to update you guys with anything new.

20 Screenshots of the same object over and over will get boring to observe at some point, some would even show changes you might not notice since they are, visualy speaking, extremly minor. Our curent efforts are guided towards finishing 1 basic unit set, including a full Uniform, plate carrier and helmet. With the PC only awaiting game-implementation the Uniform is still beeing sculpted and the Helmet will need to be textured and refined.

Thanks for the update Fluttershy. Really appreciate the work you guys are doing.

To all...

I had some real life issues plague me these past few months and it really took me out of the game. Thank you, to all that have come to the defense and conveyed the fact that this is not just a simple task of copying and pasting but an intricate process that simply takes time. Once again, thank you for keeping interest in this project.