Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

negative. most call of duty characters up until cod ghost looked like midgets with poorly done normal mapping, that were just haphazardly scribbled on in zbrush or whatever. and they have almost never accurately represented any of the equipment they were trying to imitate. once, i even thought their art lead may be learning disabled due to his utter inability to reflect the simplest features of a piece of uniform or equipment or mimick normal human proportion. they also seem to have some fetish for mashing together random equipment they find on google images. example: for whatever reason, they keep basing the sas on the equipment they used during operation nimrod in the 80s, regardless of the setting or time period.

. example: for whatever reason, they keep basing the sas on the equipment they used during operation nimrod in the 80s, regardless of the setting or time period.

Don't forget the lace up body armor... because people still use that :rolleyes:

The MARSOC wearing 6 american flags while 'undercover' and wearing jumpers and mixture of camos that doesn't make sense for BF4 made me a little sad...

I liked the models from medal of honor, they seemed to be fairly accurate in comparison to a lot of these newer military games.

Just to add to the above discussion about videogames, I say the reason for all the in-accuracy in military games nowadays is to open them up to a wider general audience of military shooting lovers. I guess the way CoD does their characters is based on stereotypes - like how people think the SAS or Delta Force are like. For example the SAS were famous for conducting Operation Nimrod, thus people recognize the SAS as wearing whats been mentioned above with such equipment and armor.

CoD follows such a method as it is not a mil-sim thats played by hardcored military enthusiasts who knows every single piece of gear a soldier is wearing instead the game appeals to a wider general audience that enjoy military shooters. I should also have to emphasize that it is the more current CoD games that do this, CoD4 and older I thought were quite accurate. Battlefield was rather realistic for a while until the the third and now fourth installment came out - again they're trying to open the game up to a wider range of audience and compete with CoD.

Medal of Honor 2010 also had fairly accurate representations as mentioned by davegary above but Warfighter turned it way down, in particular multiplayer - they had about 2 - 3 different player models for each class which were reskinned and used by 13 different nations Special Forces. Meanwhile, Arma has and continues to serve us military enthusiast that just love our military gear. ;)

Uh.... lets get back to the topic at hand.

A little FYI, I had some issues last week that put me out of the loop so really nothing got done on my end. This week is starting off slow, but I plan to finish strong and possibly we will have some really nice updates coming sooner rather than later.

I have gained moderator rights to this thread and will be updating the first post to keep you all abreast of what is going on within the project. We are getting closer to putting some pieces together and moving closer to our main goal of getting this out to you all. We continually ask for your patience and assure you that we are doing the best we can. Thanks.

I liked the models from medal of honor, they seemed to be fairly accurate in comparison to a lot of these newer military games.

I agree but it is also no surprise since they had partnerships with a lot of companies for the game.

Its update time again gents.

Looks great, fluttershy, as usual. Your attention to detail is remarkable :)

As ever, amazing work! The attention to small detail, while it prolongs the project, will make the wait worth while.

Its never a bad thing to wait longer for a product with exquisite detail, but also function that comes along looking beautiful and functioning smooth and error free.

There is no rush to slap content out in haste!

Looking forward to future updates as always!

Good job guys!

26JAN14 UPDATE:

Updated the first post to help keep everyone informed about the project and its process. I may need to add or remove somethings, so it is not final and nothing is guaranteed.

The CRYE Precision Combat Uniform AC was weighed properly by STALKERGB and all of us are very grateful for his time and help. We are currently getting textures redone and at that time we will post some screens. This is a very crucial part of the MOD and will open up time to complete other projects.

The uniform has interchangeable sections allowing us to have several variations. CRYE Precision Combat Uniform AC w/ Combat Shirt (tucked, untucked), Sleeves (Long, Rolled, Short, Ripped), Collar (Closed or Open), Elbow Pads, Knee Pads, Riggers Belt

The more variations this mod has, the better. Looking forward to some in-game pics. :)

I always like variations in units. Will you guys run a randomization script to give each soldier a unique look?

Thanks Meatball0311 for the first post update. I have a better idea of the mod now.

W00t! Cheers, bud! :)

Edited by Yokhanan
Because lawn gnomes ate my underpants

The more variations this mod has, the better. Looking forward to some in-game pics. :)

I am looking forward to getting something out to you guys ASAP. Once we got some textures I will post some screens. Thanks.

I always like variations in units. Will you guys run a randomization script to give each soldier a unique look?

That could be a possibility....

Thanks Meatball0311 for the first post update. I have a better idea of the mod now.

No problem.. it was long over due. Trying to do our best in keeping you all informed.

W00t! Cheers, bud! :)

Cheers! Didn't know you made the logo. Thanks!

Apologies if someone already asked this, but I was just looking at the first post and wanted to ask, are you guys gonna stick with the vanilla A3 boots or maybe do a pair of Danners or something like that

No we wont use anything already in the game except the character model parts like hands and head.

Regards

26JAN14 UPDATE:

Updated the first post to help keep everyone informed about the project and its process. I may need to add or remove somethings, so it is not final and nothing is guaranteed.

The CRYE Precision Combat Uniform AC was weighed properly by STALKERGB and all of us are very grateful for his time and help. We are currently getting textures redone and at that time we will post some screens. This is a very crucial part of the MOD and will open up time to complete other projects.

The uniform has interchangeable sections allowing us to have several variations. CRYE Precision Combat Uniform AC w/ Combat Shirt (tucked, untucked), Sleeves (Long, Rolled, Short, Ripped), Collar (Closed or Open), Elbow Pads, Knee Pads, Riggers Belt

Thanks for the update bro! Looking good, dying to get my hands on such an awesome, detail-oriented mod. Keep in touch!

This thread is so exciting. Thanks to everyone contributing to this effort. I heard that the GPNVGs might be making an appearance as part of this undertaking -- stoked.

Just a remark :).

I saw on the first page MK18 ... This name is not good for your mod.

The MK18 rifle is the Navy VBSS team weapon. Only for Navy VBSS crew ... Not for SEAL, Devgru, SFG etc ...

The real name for your mod is CQBR (for Close Quarters Battle Receiver).

For more information :

The Mk18 is a old stock of M16a1, used by Crane Division to create a weapon for VBSS team and coast guard.

Crane is the office in charge of developing weapons for the navy.

The M16a1 is custom in workshop :

- Barrel cut in 10.3 or 10.5 inch for maniability

- LMT retractable stock

- KAC RIS to mount accessories (light, laser, grip)

- M16a1 lower with Crane division laser engraving

5ak9.jpg

The CQBR is a upper for M4a1 SOPMOD. This M4a1 upper is custom by Crane Division for SEAL team and SFG.

- Barrel cut in 10.3 or 10.5 inch for maniability OR new LMT barrel (new profile)

- New gen LMT retractable stock

- KAC RAS

- Many internal new and custom parts (gas port, extractor spring, gas ring)

- M4a1 lower

http://imageshack.com/a/img836/3781/j5ws.jpg (149 kB)

So ... We see more and more new generation CQBR (from 2009). This new gen is equipped with a Daniel Defense MK18 RAIL INTERFACE SYSTEM II (RIS II) https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/ris-ii/mk18-rail-interface-system-ii-ris-ii-865.html

The rail is called MK18, but the name of the weapon does not change. It's always a CQBR.

yu8i.jpg

Friendly

Nico

The CQBR is a upper for M4a1 SOPMOD. This M4a1 upper is custom by Crane Division for SEAL team and SFG.

- Barrel cut in 10.3 or 10.5 inch for maniability OR new LMT barrel (new profile)

- New gen LMT retractable stock

- KAC RAS

- Many internal new and custom parts (gas port, extractor spring, gas ring)

- M4a1 lower

So ... We see more and more new generation CQBR (from 2009). This new gen is equipped with a Daniel Defense MK18 RAIL INTERFACE SYSTEM II (RIS II) https://danieldefense.com/rail-systems/ris-ii/mk18-rail-interface-system-ii-ris-ii-865.html

The rail is called MK18, but the name of the weapon does not change. It's always a CQBR.

Friendly

Nico

I think you're getting your Wikipedia entries confused. The CQBR was custom cut by Crane, but it wasn't part of the M4A1 SOPMOD project. It was a standard M4 barrel profile cut to 10.3". The MK18 MOD 1 uses the RIS II MK18 rail (as you said), it also uses the M4A1 SOPMOD barrel (fatter profile barrel under the hand guard for automatic fire). A MOD 1 is not the same thing as the original CQBR.

Does any of this matter? Probably not. People generally refer to it as a MK18 and move on.

@cocazoulou: we would greatly appreciate if you would refrain from such posts. Please have confidence in our research ability and reliability of our sources. There is no real given reason to doubt any of the information or integrety of the intended ingredients of our planned addon.

@LIMA_KILO: please do not approach users about there posts in such a fashion. Rest assured that we are well capable to handle our thread in this forum.

So finaly! - back to progress:

We are currently encountering a slight setback with the Setup of some of our 3D Models. Thankfully we already found the problematic areas and cleared out new rule sets for our Mesh setup. Currently two pieces of equipment are inside the pipeline of completion, awaiting above mentioned modifications, sculpting adjustments and textures. Meanwhile the Combat Uniforms are beeing worked on by Sabre.

We will most likely be able to present you several screenshots during the course of the upcoming weekend.

Edited by fluttershy

cocazoulou..... this probably isn't the mod for you.... you may want to take another look at ref pics for marsoc and ragnars and what not...

fluttershy: pics or it didnt happen ;) keep up the good work