Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Since we have been asked on Twitter to release some more Screenshots of our Textures i finished the Normal an AO Maps for our Regular sleeves today. I also added some notes so people can see how much workflow is integrated in such a small portion of this addon.

I cant tell you how much time went into this particular piece until it reached its current state as we are doing this in our spare time, but i would say we are looking at about 9 hours. The maps were created as 4096 x 4096 to make full use of our new cap in Armed Assault 3.

AJXbGlv.jpg

Wait, are you guys using 4k maps for your normals?

A, because then it won't look like ass.

B, The game now supports it well enough.

C, Fuck your hard drive.

Gonna have to go out an buy a fucking stonking rig to see these new addons in all their glory!! :D

C, Fuck your hard drive.

I'd be more concerned about VRAM.

I'd be more concerned about VRAM.

The current Engine used within Armed Assault 3 uses a downsampeling technique called "MID Mapping" it automaticly reduce the source image size according to your graphic settings ingame. Therefor, as long as you dont play with Maxed out settings your VRAM will be fine. Though point C still applies, because we can.

Really great work but is it really for Arma III or for a CryEngine game? ;)

Wait, are you guys using 4k maps for your normals?

ideally, for content creation, render it out to 8k downsample it to 4k or less. A way better way to achieve supersampling than any other method. Plus, you can never have enough pixel space ;)

I keep following this thread since the beginning, but it's getting hard to get an overview of what's going to be in it... could you create a list with Equipment/Weapons and so on that'll be included inside the first post? :)

I keep following this thread since the beginning, but it's getting hard to get an overview of what's going to be in it... could you create a list with Equipment/Weapons and so on that'll be included inside the first post? :)

I have a feeling it's more of a "Well they need an M4, lets do that" and then a week later "They could probably use a MK48" rather than a "We need this, this, this and this and we're not going to change that until after release even if they look numpty without something not on the list".

There will be proper documentation of what is going on as soon as we have a completed (in-game) unit. We have several models completed that are awaiting finalizing touches. We will do our best to keep you guys informed, but there are limitations due to the fact, that only the person who started the thread can do any type of editing of the first post and that person has limited time. The first post is outdated and some things have been tweeked since then, so disregard the first post.

I have a feeling it's more of a "Well they need an M4, lets do that" and then a week later "They could probably use a MK48" rather than a "We need this, this, this and this and we're not going to change that until after release even if they look numpty without something not on the list".

You are coming in broken and unreadable.. say again, over... Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, but we do have a direction and a understanding on what will be needed in this mod.

This is still in WIP status and we can only do what we can do with our skills, time, and energy. We are working on getting this moving as fast as possible, but there is something that is called "Real-life" that gets in the way at times. Personally, I have had some issues that have taken a toll on my workflow, but hopefully things will be resuming again. Unfortunately, ideas don't just magically form into models and models do not magically get in-game. There is a tedious process and much time required to form the model, unwrap the model, rig the model, texture the model, bake the textures, config the model, test the model, take care of real life issues. So please have patience and understand the project is active and progressing. Thank you all for your support and interest in our mod.

Edited by Meatball0311

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean, but we do have a direction and a understanding on what will be needed in this mod.

I didn't mean you lacked direction, just that there wasn't a definitive list of what will be in at this point in time and things may be added as you go.

I didn't mean you lacked direction, just that there wasn't a definitive list of what will be in at this point in time and things may be added as you go.

Roger, solid copy... There will be standard gear in helmets, vests, uniforms, but yes there will also be new items that are not determined at this point. Once again thanks for clarifying.

We are making attempts to make this project a little bit more organized and informative to the public. Also, our twitter account is here

Our main goal at this moment is to get a unit in-game.. I am rigging a uniform model at the moment and am having some issues, so that has put a slight delay on any type of screens from my end.

A, because then it won't look like ass.

B, The game now supports it well enough.

C, Fuck your hard drive.

aka the dayz standalone method. the characters in that game look straight out of bf4. it's pretty amazing.

Its update time again gents.

Progress

We are currently adding Models ingame, this includes the proceedure of weighting the Models, which we would be unable to do without the help of STALKERGB. Currently this step includes 1 Crye Precision AC Uniform, as well as an OpsCore Helmet.

Textures for either the Uniform or Helmet have not reached the desired Stage yet but we are about half way trough the Uniform, featuring at least one Camouflage pattern. But since we are working with Templates adding other patterns later on will be easy and quick without sacrificing quallity of course.

Insight

It is still unclear to most people what type of variaty this Addon will feature upon its release-stages. Therefor i have prepared some Renders for you to take a look at. Featured in the Images is the current state of the Crye AC Combat Shirt, the sleeves are the exact same texture with 3 different ammount of weathering added on top as well as a small picture of the Crye Precision tags that will be featured on all Combat Shirts (including the correct text on the tag).

axIExEH.jpg

QEsQk5t.jpg

WagQZTv.jpg

Upcoming

At the moment we are concentrating on further Equipment, that is needed to create a fully custom Soldier inside A3. This includes Gloves, Glasses, Boots and a fitting Platecarrier. As always we are doing the best we can with the limited ammount of time our members have available. So stay tuned for more.

oh god that looks beautiful... also one thing. the crye tag is upside down and missing a size tag? maybe add SOC instead of the size? profit? anyways guys really impressed looks beautiful...

2 things that I noticed that look absolutely great, and are not seen in every model>

Weathering effects looks great and adds to immersion and variety and second is

stitches.They are textured really well!Good work on that.

Dont get me wrong with this, but sometimes I think that these are such great models that they're just about irrelevant for Arma 3's combined arms scale. Are you sure you guys aren't pushing it too far with the amount of detail? I mean every nook and cranny has to be absolutely perfect to pass QC?

@Warden_1: Yes it is upside down, just checked back with the reference images. We might also add a size tag later on, but that i am not sure of.

@Modder: The ammount of detail used only has two purposes to us: first we want to show everyone how much detail is even possible without having a huge polycount on objects, just to give the incentive to the community to strive for details. Secondly we want to do something that people have missed over the years by big AAA Studios and even smaller companys, a well made finished product.

Are you serious Modder... if you dont want a realistic game play vanilla some of us who own this shit like to see it represented right so it feels better in game... the more detail the better.

@Modder: The ammount of detail used only has two purposes to us: first we want to show everyone how much detail is even possible without having a huge polycount on objects, just to give the incentive to the community to strive for details. Secondly we want to do something that people have missed over the years by big AAA Studios and even smaller companys, a well made finished product.

It certainly is an eye refreshing project you guys are working on, and I have a huge amount of respect and appreciation for the work thats gone into this. In that case, keep striving for what you guys strive for as I now have a better understanding of what detail means to you guys, and its obviously always on top of the "to-do" lists. :)

@Warden_1: Yes it is upside down, just checked back with the reference images. We might also add a size tag later on, but that i am not sure of.

You really make great work ;) but i am not agree with you about AAA studios and games, of course there are bad things (COD is technically a shame for example) but there are also very impressive games and quality works using very powerfull games engines (Frostbite, CryEngine, RED Engine, just for quote them) difficult to compete with about rendering, and its not just a question of texture details but also about engine features supported (architecture,directx and graphic cards functionalities used, and lot of other factors)

Edited by g00d69

details will get drowned out by mip mapping anyway, so i question the necessity of having things like readable wash tags. a lot of those big companies miss details because of deadlines, you don't have this restriction, but it's also a form of organization and management. by the time you get these addons out, visual technology may have advanced enough where your work may be moot.

i know a few ambitious mods that have suffered this fate.

best of luck.

You really make great work ;) but i am not agree with you about AAA studios and games, of course there are bad things (COD is technically a shame for example)

Actually, on the quality of models and such, especially on soldiers' gear, I find the Call Of Duty series to do a preeeeetty sweet job.