Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Nice scar-H there :) Good to see that you are adding more and more weapon.

If this is the 2030s, shouldn't hyperspectral goggles like those that DEVGRU used be standard issue?

In 2030s gear like that probably will be a standard issue for regular troops, however this addon isn't set in 2035, as it was stated in the first post:

The first addon of this project will introduce an accurate depiction of the US Army Rangers c. 2012-2013 using both current and upcoming equipment.

Besides, I don't know for sure (may be someone else can confirm or refute my assumption), but I don't think that engine of Arma 3 is capable of:

Hyperspectral imaging is the use of multiple light spectrums to produce an image. For example, combining low light illumination, IR, and UV into a single image. ... Picture from a hyperspectral imager tuned to visual and LWIR.

such a feature.

Hyperspectral imaging is the use of multiple light spectrums to produce an image. For example, combining low light illumination, IR, and UV into a single image. There was some mention that the NVGs that DEVGRU used during Neptune Spear were of that type. Picture from a hyperspectral imager tuned to visual and LWIR. But you guys want to be smart asses when I was just trying to be helpful, so whatever.

In an effort to both help the SOC team with their realistic efforts (which I greatly look forward to) and help educate...

I can't speak to Neptune Spear since I wasn't there, however, in the training I've had recently, no one was saying the GPNVG does UV. ALL NVGs do near IR and low light. That's nothing new. The GPNVG-18 has its positives and negatives (greater FOV, limited adjustment once in the field), but it's not a Modern Warfare fangasm that you describe.

If the AN-AVS9 or the GPNVG makes it into the SOC addon, I assure you we will all be happy. And that SCAR is sexy too.

I am in the process of bringing over my M4A1's. My personal opinion, is that they are looking really nice and will include some nice animations.

Don't wanna turn this into a request thread, so I just want to make it clear I'M JUST ASKING, but are you guys doing Block 2 M4s aswell? I know theres the MK. 18 pack but I don't think ardvarkb is gonna update that any time soon

---------- Post added at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

I'm moist with anticipation

These mk17 models are really nice, I love the pws rail.

One thing I noticed when I looked at it was that the side rail has only 9 picatinny nubs including the bolt portion at the front. This should be ten, it is simply missing one on the rear.

fabrique-nationale-fn-scar.jpg.

Also something is off about the sizing of the gun, unless it is the isometric or whatever view you have it in, I was looking at the Elcan and I think it might be bigger than it should be.

8c8WC.jpg

If you look at a few pictures of it on the gun from online or if you've ever seen one on the gun it isnt that big. Other than that I didn't really see anything else that stood out to me. Again great job guys.

Edited by Warden_1

Don't wanna turn this into a request thread, so I just want to make it clear I'M JUST ASKING, but are you guys doing Block 2 M4s aswell? I know theres the MK. 18 pack but I don't think ardvarkb is gonna update that any time soon

---------- Post added at 04:19 ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 ----------

I'm moist with anticipation

Yes! We're currently also in the process of working on M4 Block 2's and MK18's.

Yes! We're currently also in the process of working on M4 Block 2's and MK18's.

I just want you guys to know that i love you, that's all. With this project, TMR, JSRS, Blastcore A3 and RobbertHammer's M4 pack, this game is gonna be fun...

For a good 10 min not a second 10 min i thought this is in game picture...it looks realy awesome..and you got me.. :) i cant realy cant wait for this man..this is gona be the best addon in arma 3 because the best team is making it. :) more pictures mybe? :)

Believe me when I say that we have several projects that are in queue to be completed and this is one of them. Not really sure if this will make the final cut, but it is something that I made while learning more about 3ds Max. It is a simple BUIS sight that is attached to my ported M4A1's that I have improved on. This is just a bone to chew on in the meantime...

http://i.imgur.com/m5okM6y.jpg (108 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/tMGtJLW.jpg (152 kB)

It's good to see a great team of guys working together to get some quality content into Arma 3, keep up the good work fellas, we really appreciate it!

Nice, I hope there'll be PEQ-on-top options/variants with those M4s and SCARs :)

they can just make it compatible with the RH M4/M16 pack

Just to clarify DevilDogCro, I am not a part of their team. I was just showing some example images to explain something.

Good Stuff, Heads up to the guy wanting PEQ on top layout probably wont happen as with this layout you take up that space for NVGs to be set. #themoreyouknow! #joke #beadvisedthesearealsoajokeabouthashtagsbeingeverywhereandabouteverythinganditbeingratherstupidandannoying

Just as a small little updated for everyone, i finished a pair of CRYE Pants in Mudbox today and will get into refining the normal map further. I am currently looking at finishing the normal maps at sunday. After that ill try and get some nice renders done to show you.

Just as a small little updated for everyone, i finished a pair of CRYE Pants in Mudbox today and will get into refining the normal map further. I am currently looking at finishing the normal maps at sunday. After that ill try and get some nice renders done to show you.

Lovely :)

Believe me when I say that we have several projects that are in queue to be completed and this is one of them. Not really sure if this will make the final cut, but it is something that I made while learning more about 3ds Max. It is a simple BUIS sight that is attached to my ported M4A1's that I have improved on. This is just a bone to chew on in the meantime...

http://i.imgur.com/m5okM6y.jpg (108 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/tMGtJLW.jpg (152 kB)

Great idea it looks promising. I assume it's the ported M4's from your marsoc addon?

Alright as i said, i would post some WIP on the CRYE Pants. I did not get as far as i wanted to but its about the quality after all.

So first of a Shot from a slight distance so you have an idea of the overall process of the pants.

eev0f07.jpg

Now for a more Detailed view. I have notice that a lot of texture artists that start out there contact with the internals of A3 have done a whole lot of reskins. Mostly connected to there interists in the Military or to represent there home country. Sadly i have seen a whole lot of lack in detail on there work reguarding logical things, like seams and pockets breaking the pattern and other things like that. Therefor here is a close up view, you can see that the Multicam pattern stops at the seam. Oh and also that i have included seams and stitches as well as the NYCO Ripstop Fabric texture in the normal map (which i might have to adjust a little because it is not sticking out enough yet).

4x5Igmj.jpg

@Brian & Zim: Please take your BS posts somewhere else, i am getting sick and tired looking for useful feedback and information in this thread only to find you two pulling your hair and hiding the shovel from each other.

the quality of the texture and the detail are stunning ! i really hope this year santa claus come with some nice gift like that in the armaverse