Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

I see the helmet on the first post, you guys going to do different versions (different aesthetic accessories) of that or just one? (Hope I'm not stepping on toes as you guys are getting a bit touchy with variant of this, variant of that.)

I see the helmet on the first post, you guys going to do different versions (different aesthetic accessories) of that or just one? (Hope I'm not stepping on toes as you guys are getting a bit touchy with variant of this, variant of that.)

Be cool, check the rest of the post and you'll se some other helmets. I final, trust the masters of modding! You'll get satisfied...

Variety is the name of the game, we will have different variants of the model and different textures with different levels of wear for each of the separate units. We don't want 'clone like' units.

Variety is the name of the game, we will have different variants of the model and different textures with different levels of wear for each of the separate units. We don't want 'clone like' units.

And this is why we love you Binkowski.

Looking great guys! Could we get an estimated percentage of how much is done?

Looking great guys! Could we get an estimated percentage of how much is done?

No you cant, ever, at all.

No you cant, ever, at all.

Can you give us a fraction then? :p

Just kidding, keep it up. Really looking forward to it.

Can you give us a fraction then? :p

Just kidding, keep it up. Really looking forward to it.

Like Fluttershy said, it's really hard to tell so we're not going to throw out a percentage and get everyone's hopes up/down. At this stage we're still brainstorming more and more contents that we can put in, team members trying out new things (remember addon makings is also about giving developers a chance to experiment and wander outside their comfort zone) etc.. Personally I'm really excited about what we've got in store currently and are planning to do, that's all I'm gonna say.

For those of you (if any) are still interested in the blog, sorry about the delay, we haven't forgotten about it!

Let me start this off by saying that this looks really neat: I've always been fascinated by the Rangers mostly because what they do is really cool.

But what kind of vehicles do you plan to put in? Something like an RSOV (or one of the modified Humvees used by USMC Recon / Army Rangers during 2003 Iraq) to roll about offroad?

Just a quick question , i follow your thread since the begining and i saw lot of pictures of your helmet and i have a question , i think that's more for binkowski do you plan to turn on the light on your helmet if it's possible ?

Let me start this off by saying that this looks really neat: I've always been fascinated by the Rangers mostly because what they do is really cool.

But what kind of vehicles do you plan to put in? Something like an RSOV (or one of the modified Humvees used by USMC Recon / Army Rangers during 2003 Iraq) to roll about offroad?

The earlier post in this thread said they are focusing on the current state of the Ranger Regiment. RSOV's are not current so I believe they will not be included.

The earlier post in this thread said they are focusing on the current state of the Ranger Regiment. RSOV's are not current so I believe they will not be included.

Ah. I thought they were. Although maybe they were more of a '90s thing that they don't use anymore.

RSOV's were before my time (2008-2013) I believe they were replaced by GMV's then GMV's got replaced by the current vehicle(s) of choice

Some foliage on a helmet would be pretty great :)

You must have mistaken this for the addon request thread... disreguarding our kind reminder from a page ago. We will not consider your "kind" request in any shape or form.

You must have mistaken this for the addon request thread... disreguarding our kind reminder from a page ago. We will not consider your "kind" request in any shape or form.

And I've mistaken this for the be a douche thread, hardly a subtle request... You could just say no we aren't adding, or yes we are like the variety question. But what do you know, Bink has more social skills than a brony.

And I've mistaken this for the be a douche thread, hardly a subtle request... You could just say no we aren't adding, or yes we are like the variety question. But what do you know, Bink has more social skills than a brony.

As if "Brony" were an insult. They stated that they will not consider suggestions/requests/plz-add-dis-or-dat. And I think considering the people participating in this project, we can expect quality without everyone throwing suggestions at them. It's like sitting in a theatre before the curtain goes up, and screaming at the stage with a megaphone with suggestions for the play prior to even having waited for the thing to start.

Love and tolerate.

RSOV's were before my time (2008-2013) I believe they were replaced by GMV's then GMV's got replaced by the current vehicle(s) of choice

Apparently there's a competition going on:

In June 2012, the United States Special Operations Command requested proposals for a GMV version 1.1. Unlike converted Humvees, the vehicle needs to be light, fast, easily transportable by air, sea, and land, with next generation communications and computing equipment. The vehicle was expected to be selected by the end of the year with production beginning in 2013. 1,300 of the new vhicles are to be in service by 2020.[3][4] Vehicles entered were the Northrop Grumman Medium Assault Vehicle – Light (MAV-L), AM General's reengineered GMV design, HDT Global's Storm SRTV, the Oshkosh Special Purpose All-Terrain Vehicle (S-ATV), the Navistar Special Operations Tactical Vehicle (SOTV), and General Dynamics' Flyer.[5] The winner was expected to be selected in May 2013.[6] The decision for the winner has been delayed until August 2013 to work through processes in dealing with vendors. The remaining contenders include the AM General upgraded GMV, the General Dynamics Flyer, and the Navistar SOTV.[7]

So apparently we'll be finding out soon, if the Army sticks with their August 2013 decision.

Hello Assifuah i have a little gift for you check your PM:)

Love the progress BUT have noticed some comments about a C17 that I have seen no screens for PLEASEE tell me it is still going to be made! That project has died so many times over the armaverse that getting one in game seems to be a myth/legend/broken dream to many of us..

Not a request to be clear just inquiring why at the beginning it seemed they had posted a plane/c17 etc and for those of us finding out about the project now it seems that the "plane" screenshot is not there?

Edited by XxSheepDoggxX

Did you read the bottom of the first post?

:)

Note: Previous work shown is still undergoing but all efforts are centered around the current addon.

With LordJarhead back in the fold, are you guys looking to maybe get some sounds from him for your weapons? Also, with ardvarkdb's mk18's and m4's, are you still modelling your own SOPMOD m4's or will you use his and then add some other weapons that the Rangers use?

I hope that the progress is going well and that the release is coming soon!

Best regards