Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Wow, everything looks fantastic. If you need someone to give them a test run I'm always around ;) Haha. Can't wait to see all your projects released!

Hey guys, very, very nice project. I don't know if you know this photo stream but I thought it might be of some use for you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/world_armies

And US SOF photo set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/world_armies/sets/72157623265044546/

And ADS inc catalogue, lot of stuff provided to US DOD:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/ec0ed039#/ec0ed039/1

www.adsinc.com

I also have a question, mainly I wonder if you ever thought of making some opfor units like Taliban fighters or Iraqi insurgents? (Just thought it would be nice to have some punching bag once these units are released).

Also a small wish from me - SFOD-D from early OIF (2004-2006) :D (just skip it :D)

Anyway, thanks for your great work, keep it up!

Thanks for those sources mate :)

We have no plans at this moment to make taliban fighters or aq's. Since we are a small team we can't make opfor units at least not before we are all done with all the planned projects and that is a lot but there isn't any promis we will be making more units or other addons for soc after.

Also a small wish from me - SFOD-D from early OIF (2004-2006) :D (just skip it :D)

Anyway, thanks for your great work, keep it up!

Thanks for the ref pics mate :) I'm a big fan of the OIF era SFOD-D, but since there's so much to do, we can't promise anything ;)

Surely do look nice... Too bad all of those stuff are just American...

It kinda reminds me of them squad sub-forums...

What I mean is, why not doing something a bit differ?

Edited by Sakai

Do you mean something like other sf units from other countries?

Do you mean something like other sf units from other countries?

I don't really mean only SF but if you plan to do only SF mods than well I could say, yea something like that.

Edit: Not even going to get into this pointless debate....

JP - Are there going to be any units with your awesome Ops-Core lids and the GPNVG's with the Manta strobe? I seriously hope the answer is yes. :D

I don't really mean only SF but if you plan to do only SF mods than well I could say, yea something like that.

Well since our name is SOC which stands for "special operations capable" our main goal is special forces within the US armed forces.

Well since our name is SOC which stands for "special operations capable" our main goal is special forces within the US armed forces.

Also, since we are not getting paid a nickle with have to reduce the workload in order to pay attention to detail and do what is within our capabilitys. Adding further nations and branches to our already filled plan would not only slow us down but also get us into a situation where the workload would just completly destroy the fun we are having together.

I am sure there is other Modders that will also focus on Non-US Troops, as we have seen in the past there is a multitude of modders that specificly create content for the representive nations. So there will be someone doing non-us forces, eventually.... i hope.....

Is there anything new you can show us, cant wait for this!

Thanks man, I know there are tons of USA special forces already out there but there are people (certainly guys in the team) who notice and appreciate the subtle difference between ours and the rest. If you're not a big fan of US SF, there are lots of international units addons in development/already out so it's not like you're not forced to try out our creations in the future :D

You guys should really update the original post so people don't need to look through dozens of pages to see the progress. Awesome work though, looking forward to all this sweet gear making it's way to the game :)

Rangers do not get SFLCS, Rangers get a combination of pouches from the SOLCS. The plate carrier your are modeling is being phased for a eagle apc in m/c and some guys get the crye. Like mentioned Rangers have been more than "special operations support" for a long time that stigma came from the BHD movie. SFLCs pouches are that weird khaki color SOLCS are multicam. Dont forget to add side plates.

The APC's aren't even being considered, Crye shit has popped up recently in some pictures where they were testing (Mostly JPCs I believe, maybe a CPC here and there), but for the most part the SFLCS MBAV remains the carrier of choice.

Is it possible to get any updates on the progress? It's been awfully quiet from the most anticipated mod in my opinion!

Mini update 23-07-2013

Hey BI-Folks, I'd like to apologise on behalf of the SOC team for the lack of update but don't confuse this with the lack of work behind the scenes :) We're hard at work brainstorming ways we could keep you wierdos in loop of what goes on in the background, some of are suggestions are..

- Myspace blog? no

- Tumblr account? GOD NO!

- Blogspot? Hmm bingo .. that's more like it

Binks is just finalising minor details on the Blog so it's only a matter of days before going live. From there you will be able to track what each of us are currently working on in greater detail, ability to get close to members and ask questions and most importantly you'll be able to soak in our inane and often pretentious musings on life and its meaning. (and possibly alpha/beta tests too!)

Anyway since it's mandatory to sign off a legitimate update with some progress screens, here's a pair of Peltor comtac 3s we've been working on, widely issued and popular within the US Special Forces community :) JP out

6IY4IMn.jpg

42gFIip.jpg