Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Update 20-07-2013

Now the FAST Maritime helmet designed by Ops-Core is a relatively interesting piece of gear. Traditionally, Rangers were seen as more of a Special Operations capable shock troop. However recently, SOCOM's order of FAST Maritime helmets for the US Army Rangers is an indication of the shift in role of the US Army Rangers from special operations support to standalone direct action raids. The FAST Maritime has only been unveiled at the recent SHOTSHOW 2013 expo, but it's already proving itself popular amongst the Special Operations community.

Lastly, we've got the SFLCS MBAV manufactured by Eagle Industries. Adopted at around 2011, the SFLCS MBAV were issued mainly in Khaki and it signifies a change from the more iconic Ranger Green camo used around 2007-2010 on US Army Ranger gears. Please note that the MBAV is only a small part of a more complete SFLCS kit (which includes pouches etc..) given to Rangers. Thank you for taking the time to read and feel free to post any suggestions/constructive criticism below, we'll be more than happy to answer :)

The transformation from support to direct action occurred roughly eight years ago.

The MBITR is fine, however research PELTOR PTT's. I've never once seen a hand mic PTT use. It kinda ruins the silent approach. Also, left side, IFAK, not pistol mags.

Other than that it looks excellent. Keep up the good work.

Update 20-07-2013

For those of you who have been following our discussion lately, you would've known we're currently focusing on making US Army Rangers as the first SOC project. The team's been toiling in the background to try and create detailed and accurate weapons and gears (although we may not get it 100% spot on) based on 2012-2013 era Rangers, we hope it'll be worth it (for both you guys and us) in the end. For the past week, we've been focusing on completing the basic base models for various gear and setting a foundation before diving into the more intricate loadout details. ...

I think in terms of accuracy and build quality, whatever you will produce will be more close to reality than many professionally made A+ title art assets, and I am already looking forward to seeing your stuff ingame. Especially because the vests and uniforms can be mixed and matched so dynamically with the new system. I just hope BI will adress the standing issues with the weapons attachments for example, so that if you´re doing new gear to go on the guns for these units, they can be used with other community made weapons such as the SCAR rifles that are in the works now, or the excellent Rifles RH and Sabre cooperated on.

Really thrilled to see your stuff, I am absolutely looking forward to this!

Cheers

Insta

I just hope BI will adress the standing issues with the weapons attachments for example, so that if you´re doing new gear to go on the guns for these units, they can be used with other community made weapons such as the SCAR rifles that are in the works now, or the excellent Rifles RH and Sabre cooperated on.

Maybe we can get something similar to what we had in OFP with JAM (for magazines) but with weapons and attachments etc.

The ...........ep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback :) I'm aware that a medley of PTTs (including the Peltor PTT) is in use, but as I've mentioned before, many of the more intricate details will be done at a later stage. The ones on the SFLCS MBAV at the moment look like hand mic but are actually the new Silynx C4OPS Wireless PTTs being tested by various SF units.

Fluttershy I'm glad you've finally found somewhere with some like minded professionals! Can't wait to see the work you guys put out. Its going to be something special! As always, I appreciate the time and effort you guys put in! SWEET!

Update 20-07-2013

For those of you who have been following our discussion lately, you would've known we're currently focusing on making US Army Rangers as the first SOC project. The team's been toiling in the background to try and create detailed and accurate weapons and gears (although we may not get it 100% spot on) based on 2012-2013 era Rangers, we hope it'll be worth it (for both you guys and us) in the end. For the past week, we've been focusing on completing the basic base models for various gear and setting a foundation before diving into the more intricate loadout details.

http://i.imgur.com/abrqSdF.jpg

Firstly I'd like to introduce the AN/AVS-9 (Or Aviator Night Vision goggles 9), these NVGs were originally created in the 1992 specifically for Aviator's usage. However over the years it found its way into the hands of the US Special Forces community. Despite being around for so long, it's remained a favorite amoungst many Special Operations troops, especially in the US Army (Green Berets, Rangers and Delta force) due to the Low Profile Battery Pack's ability to balance the ANVIS weight.

http://i.imgur.com/RCVidGc.jpg

Next up are the more common, PVS-15 dual tube night vision goggles. Compared the the ANVIS-9, the PVS-15 feature a more compact design with batteries built underneath the Wilcox mount shoe, eliminating the need for clunky external batteries or snag hazards such as the battery wire.

http://i.imgur.com/OJUh3Qx.jpg

Now the FAST Maritime helmet designed by Ops-Core is a relatively interesting piece of gear. Traditionally, Rangers were seen as more of a Special Operations capable shock troop. However recently, SOCOM's order of FAST Maritime helmets for the US Army Rangers is an indication of the shift in role of the US Army Rangers from special operations support to standalone direct action raids. The FAST Maritime has only been unveiled at the recent SHOTSHOW 2013 expo, but it's already proving itself popular amongst the Special Operations community.

http://i.imgur.com/95tCX0o.jpg

Lastly, we've got the SFLCS MBAV manufactured by Eagle Industries. Adopted at around 2011, the SFLCS MBAV were issued mainly in Khaki and it signifies a change from the more iconic Ranger Green camo used around 2007-2010 on US Army Ranger gears. Please note that the MBAV is only a small part of a more complete SFLCS kit (which includes pouches etc..) given to Rangers. Thank you for taking the time to read and feel free to post any suggestions/constructive criticism below, we'll be more than happy to answer :)

Thank you for the offer, we will most definitely disturb you in the near future ;)

- JP

Rangers do not get SFLCS, Rangers get a combination of pouches from the SOLCS. The plate carrier your are modeling is being phased for a eagle apc in m/c and some guys get the crye. Like mentioned Rangers have been more than "special operations support" for a long time that stigma came from the BHD movie. SFLCs pouches are that weird khaki color SOLCS are multicam. Dont forget to add side plates.

Fluttershy I'm glad you've finally found somewhere with some like minded professionals! Can't wait to see the work you guys put out. Its going to be something special! As always, I appreciate the time and effort you guys put in! SWEET!

The textures can only be as good as the Model they are applied to. A lot of my work relies on the quallity of others so i am just adding in the final touch to make it stand out even further.

Rangers do not get SFLCS, Rangers get a combination of pouches from the SOLCS. The plate carrier your are modeling is being phased for a eagle apc in m/c and some guys get the crye. Like mentioned Rangers have been more than "special operations support" for a long time that stigma came from the BHD movie. SFLCs pouches are that weird khaki color SOLCS are multicam. Dont forget to add side plates.

Quoted for truth.

Also, a lot of guys do group buys on gucci-gear like Crye and LBT. I've seen quite a few Mayflower APCs also.

Hmm.. Eagle APC, LBT, Crye? I must admit this is quite a surprise to me, I've only ever based my work on open source/publically released images but if you guys have any evidence that would indicate that there is more to that then we would really appreciate the help :)

edit - Thanks PN11A, I didn't realize the multicam version of Eagle pouches are given a completely different kit name. Will note this down

No worries man, Crye AVS is "being test" what that usually means is squad leaders and platoon sgt's get to play with them and provide feedback. Based on the feedback they will either buy that for everyone or buy the cheaper version. Either way its about to changed when they get the money for something they have to spend it or they lose it. The Mbav I had wasnt to bad but it did leave a little to be desired, this new eagle apc/dpc whatever they are calling it now will probably be the choice they go with because it will be cheaper than crye...everything is cheaper than crye. Ive never seen a Ranger wearing anything LBT this includes the secret squirrel Rangers. Not saying it does not happen just saying I have never seen it, each Ranger Battalion is a different animal they have their own personality what they are allowed and not allowed to do so that accounts for the differences you see majority of the time.

Yea I would know the name because it is on a statement of charges from the RIF as I pcs'd.

Edited by PN11A

Last I checked equipment that was tested was fielded by which ever BN was in the rear and not on RRF. Also, whats a secret squirrel Ranger.. vs a Ranger?

Last I checked equipment that was tested was fielded by which ever BN was in the rear and not on RRF. Also, whats a secret squirrel Ranger.. vs a Ranger?

Recon. Why are we discussing RRF ?

i was monitoring this thred from its beggining but never readed the first post (i know i know) when i saw that astast and koyno is in this and all others witch some of threads i am monitoring all time :) i can shurly tell that this will be awesome i cant wait Binkowski you put up a great team...it will be awesome when this come out..guys just want to tell you thank you all for doing this for us armaholics :) to make our game more and more interesting. Regrads

Maybe Konyo could implement his chinhook into this - Its long awaited ;-)

Maybe Konyo could implement his chinhook into this - Its long awaited ;-)

Maybe we could ... we shall have to see ;)

It would be a shame if.. you'd leave that beautifull MH-47E model.. untouched.. Konyo.. ;)

I'm already seeing a Ranger platoon storming out of the back!

Is that a confirmation :p

No it isn't a confirmation, a maybe is a maybe.

It would be a shame if.. you'd leave that beautifull MH-47E model.. untouched.. Konyo.. ;)

I'm already seeing a Ranger platoon storming out of the back!

It would be a shame to leave it with ArmA2 & not let it see the wonderful world of ArmA3 ;)

Are you planning for a release in the beta or at a later stage?

Are you planning for a release in the beta or at a later stage?

As of now, later stages as in late beta or full release of the game. Since we don't know if they what will be changed between the different versions of the game. Also the content that we are working on is going to take some time, currently we are working on models and textures.. eventually we will get to weighing the models (which will take the longest), the finally export and in game testing.

So in short, late beta / Full Release.