Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

smaller compagny who work or use plan of remington ... hum that's let me think to remington i know they have some custom floating rail for their model 300 AAC blackout maybe it's a sub-project ?

I think this is the company - i heard the armies bought their "super" triggers too

ENHANCE!

WZnLhRH.jpg

Unfortunately i couldn't find any other photo... SFC Savard, KIA, OCT 2012.

SFC Savard, KIA, OCT 2012.

Rest In Peace.

Rest In Peace.

Dudes, posting condolences are nice and all but please try and not turn this thread into a flood of RIP messages :)

Dudes, posting condolences are nice and all but please try and not turn this thread into a flood of RIP messages :)

So, were we right with the Geissele rails... I NEED TO KNOW!

Just wanted to share this with you guys! :)

by me and JeffersPang:

http://gyazo.com/19e0a10f6f60f8132c27e556a6ea02eb

Interesting idea with the goggles, MICH 2000 or ACH? (Can't see any bulge at the side so it kinda reminds me of the RBH Attack you see the Australian SF with.)

Either way looking good.

So, were we right with the Geissele rails... I NEED TO KNOW!

Interesting idea with the goggles, MICH 2000 or ACH? (Can't see any bulge at the side so it kinda reminds me of the RBH Attack you see the Australian SF with.)

Either way looking good.

The helmet cover has a velcro patch on each side like we made on our mich without cover as you already have seen that means that there can be goggles attatched to it too right? :) these goggles: http://gyazo.com/f306e82d66cef0974793a5ce30b7367c if not then it isn't a problem the goggles can still be used :)

The helmet cover has a velcro patch on each side like we made on our mich without cover as you already have seen that means that there can be goggles attatched to it too right? :) these goggles: http://gyazo.com/f306e82d66cef0974793a5ce30b7367c if not then it isn't a problem the goggles can still be used :)

Sorry, i should say, i've seen the velcro/goggles it before in photos, just never tried in Arma...

any ideas on how you plan to implement it? part of the helmet or goggles that recede when the goggles are removed from the glasses inventory slot?

any ideas on how you plan to implement it? part of the helmet or goggles that recede when the goggles are removed from the glasses inventory slot?

We will most likely look into having the goggles go into the up position using the action menu with an animation tied to the goggle. So the player can dictate whether or not they want the goggles up, or down. The only problem is this conflicts with the glasses slot in the inventory. We may end up trying to get what you have mentioned in this post into the game, it'll take some time and tinkering though.

Have you got any Uniforms to show?

Nothing in game at the moment, Astast is working hard to get some of our uniforms finished up so we can get them into game!

i really like your avatar binkowski ;) can we have this nice picture in bigger size ? :p

Looking interesting fella's.

Obviously all this initial stuff is all US, are you guys going to be branching out to other nations later?

I think I remember Astast playing around with some European stuff early on.

Best of luck with it all.

Looking interesting fella's.

Obviously all this initial stuff is all US, are you guys going to be branching out to other nations later?

I think I remember Astast playingaround with some European stuff early on.

Best of luck with it all.

Yea i did play around with some which is going to be in another mod.

Regarding the thing with other nations, we have been talking about it but i wouldn't be expecting it and if we do decide to do it i still wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Love your stuff guys, More rangers are always a good thing :)

IF you need any refs, i have a shit tonne.

Looking forward to the future of this mod.

Update 20-07-2013

For those of you who have been following our discussion lately, you would've known we're currently focusing on making US Army Rangers as the first SOC project. The team's been toiling in the background to try and create detailed and accurate weapons and gears (although we may not get it 100% spot on) based on 2012-early 2013 era Rangers, we hope it'll be worth it (for both you guys and us) in the end. For the past week, we've been focusing on completing the basic base models for various gear and setting a foundation before diving into the more intricate loadout details.

abrqSdF.jpg

Firstly I'd like to introduce the AN/AVS-9 (Or Aviator Night Vision goggles 9), these NVGs were originally created in the 1992 specifically for Aviator's usage. However over the years it found its way into the hands of the US Special Forces community. Despite being around for so long, it's remained a favorite amoungst many Special Operations troops, especially in the US Army (Green Berets, Rangers and Delta force) due to the Low Profile Battery Pack's ability to balance the ANVIS weight.

RCVidGc.jpg

Next up are the more common, PVS-15 dual tube night vision goggles. Compared the the ANVIS-9, the PVS-15 feature a more compact design with batteries built underneath the Wilcox mount shoe, eliminating the need for clunky external batteries or snag hazards such as the battery wire.

OJUh3Qx.jpg

Now the FAST Maritime helmet designed by Ops-Core is a relatively interesting piece of gear. Traditionally, Rangers were seen as more of a Special Operations capable shock troop. However recently, SOCOM's order of FAST Maritime helmets for the US Army Rangers is an indication of the shift in role of the US Army Rangers from special operations support to standalone direct action raids. The FAST Maritime has only been unveiled at the recent SHOTSHOW 2013 expo, but it's already proving itself popular amongst the Special Operations community.

95tCX0o.jpg

Lastly, we've got the SFLCS MBAV manufactured by Eagle Industries. Adopted at around 2011, the SFLCS MBAV were issued mainly in Khaki and it signifies a change from the more iconic Ranger Green camo used around 2007-2010 on US Army Ranger gears. Please note that the MBAV is only a small part of a more complete SFLCS kit (which includes pouches etc..) given to Rangers. Thank you for taking the time to read and feel free to post any suggestions/constructive criticism below, we'll be more than happy to answer :)

snip

Thank you for the offer, we will most definitely disturb you in the near future ;)

- JP

Edited by JeffersPang

That's a very detailed intel. Thanks for showing us all those renders.

How does the nvg selection will work (like one kind of goggle per type of of soldier or we will have to use the additem in the editor)?

Edited by Papanowel